• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

How to quit your job with style.

High Binder

Resident Tribologist
Minuteman
Jun 18, 2008
Occupied Colorado
1604gaw.jpg

http://www.wivb.com/dpp/search/Copy_of_Employee-announces-they-quit-on-sign

DEPEW, N.Y. (WIVB) - A former employee at the Taco Bell / KFC at Transit and Losson Roads in Depew chose to make a bold statement when he decided to leave his position at the restaurant.

The employee left a message on the fast food restaurant's exterior sign Thursday night announcing he had quit. The sign reads, "I quit - Adam / **** you :)"

A co-worker of the supposed sign maker at Taco Bell / KFC tells News 4 that Adam is a shift manager at the restaurant who was denied time-off on the Fourth of July.

Adam claims he had worked 22 straight days and deserved the holiday off but was not granted it, despite the fact that other employees were allowed to take the day off.

Re: How to quit your job with style.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: RoosterShooter</div><div class="ubbcode-body">He must not be worried about finding another job in this economy. </div></div>

Nah theres a McDonalds down the road...

O boy a whole 22 days straight. What a pud. try working 75 days straight on a flight deck of the USS Nimitzs out in the middle of the INDIAN OCEAN, Thats 12 plus hours a day too.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: POPEYECOP</div><div class="ubbcode-body">O boy a whole 22 days straight. What a pud. try working 75 days straight on a flight deck of the USS Nimitzs out in the middle of the INDIAN OCEAN, Thats 12 plus hours a day too. </div></div>

Ya big crybaby! LoL!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: POPEYECOP</div><div class="ubbcode-body">O boy a whole 22 days straight. What a pud. try working 75 days straight on a flight deck of the USS Nimitzs out in the middle of the INDIAN OCEAN, Thats 12 plus hours a day too. </div></div>

What? You want a fucking cookie or something?

I'm sure TACO HELL didn't come to his house and beg him to work there, the other way around is true, so STFU you little stupid kid, you asked to work there, I'm sure they paid you on the salary you agreed to, stuff tacos and STFU or simply and respectively give notice and move on.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Warhog</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Nice sign, he quit with style. </div></div>

That's one way to look at it.
Personally, I think he quit like a punk-assed cry baby. He's just another one of the "it's not fair, that's not right, I deserve better" crowd.

The "entitled" generation.

Dont know about quitting with style, but firing with style this is the best I have heard.

Cup your hands with water and say, "you are so important to the day to day operations around here, that I will have you replaced by the time this water drains from my hand."

Nobody can complain when our guys are carrying 100+lb rucks in 110 degree weather and getting shot at.

I can only imagine once you go through that, no other stress in life should matter.

I think the punk that did this could get prosecuted or sued...or at least lose whatever check he may have had coming.

Not a very professional thing to do.

<span style="font-style: italic"><span style="font-weight: bold"><span style="font-size: 17pt"><span style="color: #000099">Never burn a bridge you may have to cross back over</span> </span> </span> </span>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ArcticLight</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I think the punk that did this could get prosecuted or sued...or at least lose whatever check he may have had coming.</div></div>

I agree that it's not a very professional thing to do but, hey, Taco Bell isn't exactly what I would call a professional job either. Don't get me wrong, I'm not taking up for the guy who did it but I got a good laugh out of it nonetheless.

On a side note, what exactly could he be prosecuted or sued for? If not that, for what reason should his final paycheck be withheld?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ArcticLight</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

<span style="font-style: italic"><span style="font-weight: bold"><span style="font-size: 17pt"><span style="color: #000099">Never burn a bridge you may have to cross back over</span> </span> </span> </span> </div></div>

<span style="color: #FF6600">May the bridges I burn light my path.</span>

When I was young, I was always fighting to get more and more hours. I seriously can't relate to young people who say they work too much. No such thing in my book.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: WhiskeyWebber</div><div class="ubbcode-body">When I was young, I was always fighting to get more and more hours. I seriously can't relate to young people who say they work too much. No such thing in my book. </div></div>

Eh, im 18, work 60 hard hours a week and dont bitch about it.
I hate it when i see people generalize my generation as a bunch of pussies who cry about working 30 hours at McDonalds. Oh wait
Most of them do, nevermind carry on.

^^^^^ I'm glad I didnt work my balls off when I was your age. I admire your work ethic but FUCK THAT!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Jthoss0837</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: WhiskeyWebber</div><div class="ubbcode-body">When I was young, I was always fighting to get more and more hours. I seriously can't relate to young people who say they work too much. No such thing in my book. </div></div>

I hate it when i see people generalize my generation as a bunch of pussies who cry about working 30 hours at McDonalds. </div></div>

You must be the only one. As far as steriotypes go, this one is pretty solid.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: coldboremiracle</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Jthoss0837</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: WhiskeyWebber</div><div class="ubbcode-body">When I was young, I was always fighting to get more and more hours. I seriously can't relate to young people who say they work too much. No such thing in my book. </div></div>

I hate it when i see people generalize my generation as a bunch of pussies who cry about working 30 hours at McDonalds. </div></div>

You must be the only one. As far as steriotypes go, this one is pretty solid. </div></div>

Yeah the majority of people I know bitch about working at a grocery store, fast food etc
When Im told we have to work overtime. I'm almost happy. That means Im closer to building my rifle