• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Gunsmithing How To Read Marlin Serial Numbers

SmallBoreSnipers

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Aug 15, 2009
Troy, NY
I'm curious to find out when my rifle was made. I've searched google and looked at all the stampings, but I've come up with nothing. So I'm guessing the serial number is the only way to find out. Does anybody know how I can use this to tell what year the rifle was made?? The serial number is 92619677.

Re: How To Read Marlin Serial Numbers

^ That was one of the sites that I looked at when I was searching google. I just wasn't sure that was correct because the rifle is in insanely good condition (practically new) if it's that old. So I guess the next question is..does anybody know when the Marlin 917v came out??

I have now learned that the 917V series rifles were introduced in 2005. Still no idea how to read my serial number to get my year though.

I would just give Marlin a call or drop them a e-mail. They should be able to give that info to you no problem.