• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Gunsmithing How to Remove a Free Float Tube.

mpd809

Private
Minuteman
Sep 12, 2008
Western NC
I have a Rock River Arms AR-15 with a Free Float Tube. i am wanting to change the barrles on it but can't get the Free Float Tube off any sugestions.

Re: How to Remove a Free Float Tube.

<span style="font-weight: bold">RRA tards use loctite.</span> Warm it up with a heat gun, don't use a torch or you will make it ugly. I got mine off with chain vice grips after I broke 3 strap wrenches. The tube is off but the chain grips flattened the knurling in a bunch of places. In retrospect, I should have put a leather belt over the tube first. That would have saved the knurling. Make sure you take the gas tube out first, its going through the tube. The tube is just threaded, unscrew it.

Re: How to Remove a Free Float Tube.

Ok thanks i was not sure if it was screwed on or pressed i got the gas tube and the flash suppressor off and the front sight i don't care if i damage the float tube i am going to put quad rails in its place with the new barrel and front sight.