• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

How to remove a ruger mark pistol barrel?

Mj30wilson900

Sergeant of the Hide
Minuteman
  • Jul 25, 2020
    Missouri
    Has anyone replaced a ruger mark pistol barrel only not the reciever. I am making a project gun and want to replace just the barrel.

Lol. YouTube. Watch it twice before you attempt it. Do it in a bin so you don’t loose anything, and so it’s easy to take it to a smith when you can’t get it back together. They suck to work on. I have five of them.

Reactions: Ravenworks
    Lol. YouTube. Watch it twice before you attempt it. Do it in a bin so you don’t loose anything, and so it’s easy to take it to a smith when you can’t get it back together. They suck to work on. I have five of them.
    I know how to take the gun apart and put it back together as I collect mark 2’s but the reciever barrel portion is what I am talking about. I want to separate the barrel from upper reciever and add a longer barrel more than 10” that they sell. I will then add a hangiard and a butt stock. For a survival carbine like the beretta neos 22 carbine kit

That may be a job for Clark Custom.

Sounds like a fun project.

The one time I took a MKII off it was extremely tight and had lots of thread locker on it. Boogered up the barrel and twisted the receiver. Barrel was trash anyway and managed to straighten receiver but won't do it again and wouldn't recommend doing it unless you have the proper tools/knowledge (which I don't).