• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

How to set thread subscription preferences?

Apex Motorsports

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jan 25, 2011
Albany, Oregon.
I was wondering how you set thread preferences so if I reply to a thread it gets added to my subscription list (sorry, not familiar with this forum format)

Thanks,

Patrick

Re: How to set thread subscription preferences?

When you use the "Full Reply" option (not the quick reply box at the bottom of the thread) one of the options is "add to my watched topics."

However if you are only replaying because you want to add it to your list and you don't actually have anything to add at the moment (eg, people who reply with "Tag" ) instead go up to the "Topic Options" menu at the top of the thread and choose the "Add to your watched Topics" option. This way all the rest of us who have already subscribed to the thread won't be sent an email with your nothing post (and the Hide servers won't have to process 100s of update emails about nothing.)

The option of whether or not you automatically receive emails about topics on your watched list is controlled from your profile options. Changing that setting from the default for any particular thread can be done by clicking the edit button from the Watched Topics page.

After a bit of a break I am back and read your reply. Thanks for the input! Now I can keep up with the happenings instead of randomly checking back! (I know a year late...)

In your "Settings" - "General Settings" set this value:

"Default Thread Subscription Mode" - to whatever you want - for example I chose - "Instantly Using, Email".

Thus whenever I reply to any Thread - I will automatically be subscribed and will receive instant Email notification from anyone who posts to the thread.

-Michael