• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

How useful are the Sig Kilo 3000s...

Lamina1211

Private
Minuteman
Sep 13, 2013
As a all purpose observation device? If I were making weight choices for a shooting bag, would you consider a set of the kilos to give you enough utility that you could forgo a spotter and standalone rangefinder?

They work good. Not the best glass, but good for range work. Not as clear as others, so seeing mirage and trace isn't as easy as with higher quality glass.

Magnification is on the lowest tolerable end for most PRS work that is inside 1000.

Rangefinder and the BDX bluetooth is sweet. I use my Kilo 2400 bdx with my Garmin.

Reactions: YotaEer
I'd recommend them for general observation and range-finding. I haven't had a problem spotting impacts with them out to ~800 yds. They were fantastic spotting the hit and score markers at a 600-yard F-class match I was in. I felt I could read the mirage alright too.

Their real value for me is in rangefinding and ballistic integration. I managed first-round hits out to 800 or so yards just using the ballistic calculator paired with my phone. The wind got me after that (🙃), but the ranging was accurate.

So at the Guardian match at Arena, I got to get behind my 3000 side by side with vortex fury. I like the Sig glass a little better and having them mounted on a tripod made spotting a breeze inside 1k. I picked them up for field matches to cut down on bulk and provide a solution for spotting and ranging, I have not been disappointed by them.

Glass isn't anything to rave about but the rangefinding capabilities is 2nd to none at that price. AB Lite and ability to link with Kestrel is also a huge plus. I've used AB lite and it's actually pretty spot on. Will be getting a Kestrel unit to try for this year.

Anyone used them on deer or something less reflective than steel targets? I’ve got some Zeiss RF that are awesome for glass, but really have difficulty on deer past 500.

Anyone used them on deer or something less reflective than steel targets? I’ve got some Zeiss RF that are awesome for glass, but really have difficulty on deer past 500.
I’ve used mine to range random rocks and bushes on the side of mountains and I was able to get 2-2.5k no issue. A lot of it is going to depend on the day.
Regarding quality I agree with what a lot of people say. Are they swaro image quality? No. But the glass still holds its own very well. Also I am very appreciative that the Binos and kestrel talk.

Reactions: plamia2
They’re great for what they are. Now if they can just get on the program and put an integrated compass to allow DOF to the 5700 Elite ... I mean my 10 year old Casio Pathfinder watch has a compass.

A little over a year ago using the lesser model (2000) we were able to laser the distance to a several elk at the 400 yard range without much difficulty, the sun was setting but there was still a fair amount of light. I'm told the 3000 is significantly better.

Reactions: 65x55guy
I love using mine with the kestrel 5700 elite. Like the others have said the glass is not the best but its not bad either.

Wish the 3000 bdx's passed the DOF through to the kestrel. Silly to have to check wind, set dof, then lase for a solution. Should be check wind, and lase, and thats it!

I ranged elk at 1500 yards on a far hillside. I did have it use a rest to get still enough. It worked quite well.

Reactions: 65x55guy
Wish the 3000 bdx's passed the DOF through to the kestrel. Silly to have to check wind, set dof, then lase for a solution. Should be check wind, and lase, and thats it!
Yes that would be nice

Yes that would be nice
Check out the new vortex fury 5000ab.. has applied ballistics built in and allows you to point the bino into the wind direction, enter the wind speed avs wallah.. wind correction. I'm thinking about selling my sig kilo2400abs for these.

I really like mine. As stated above the glass is ok but would be plenty good for hunting and closer spotting. I mount a set of meopta Meostars next to mine for my spotting
image_1323.jpg

I use mine every weekend at matches. The range finder is very nice for the price point. Glass is good enough to spot 6mm impacts out to about 800y. Once mirage gets heavy, 6's are hard to spot with anything, though. Also use them at my .22LR matches and can reliably spots hit and misses at 450y. Can even watch the .22LR bullet in flight, if the sun is right.

Check out the new vortex fury 5000ab.. has applied ballistics built in and allows you to point the bino into the wind direction, enter the wind speed avs wallah.. wind correction. I'm thinking about selling my sig kilo2400abs for these.
I will be looking for reviews on these. Sounds promising

Reactions: dodgefreak8
I like mine quite a bit for find, range, and engage. The glass quality is mediocre at best, so if you really need to study something in a hunting scenario you’d best temper your expectations.

Sportsman’s warehouse had the black edition on sale for $850 and if you sign up on their site as a member they will email you a 10% off coupon. So go to their site sign up as a member and wait for them to email you the 10% off coupon and then buy at a great deal

Just got my sig 3000bdx and the display is messed up. Its really blurry and can barely read any of it. Anyone else have these issues

Read your manual and learn how to focus the display.
Have someone else look at it too, buddy bought a set and the diopter was way off. No one was able to get it to focus right. Sig replaced with a new one in under a week.

Have someone else look at it too, buddy bought a set and the diopter was way off. No one was able to get it to focus right. Sig replaced with a new one in under a week.
Yea my wife looked thru them and we adjusted everything and they still wouldn't focus hardly at all just the display tho. The glass was clear to look thru

^^^ Good idea. That's the best thing to do before contacting Sig.