• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Howa - 1500 barreled action

TxVet33

WWG1WGA-KAG 1Corinthians 3:16
Minuteman
Mar 21, 2018
Abilene, TX
Morning
I am looking for the best price on a Howa - barreled action in 6.5 CM. If anyone out there knows of a better place than Brownell's to purchase one would you let me know. Thx.
Rev4:1

You can check ebay, but looks like brownells is the main spot for retail. For what you get (action, trigger, 24-26” barrel, threaded and cerakoted) $440-$570 is an awesome price!

Brownells is the exclusive distributor for the barreled action for 2018.

Really? It used to be that your local gun shop could order them through one of the big distributors (Zander's, Elliott Brothers, etc.).

Back in the late 90's they (the barreled actions) were the best kept secret LSI had....

Last edited:
Buds used to sell them, I don't think the market is big enough for many retailers to screw with barreled actions.
Pretty hard to beat the factory offerings in the various chassis or B&C stock

Buds used to sell them, I don't think the market is big enough for many retailers to screw with barreled actions.
Pretty hard to beat the factory offerings in the various chassis or B&C stock

With the prevalence of chassis these days, and Howa (finally) offering faster twist barrels and threaded muzzles, I'd think the market would be much bigger today, than of years past.

With the prevalence of chassis these days, and Howa (finally) offering faster twist barrels and threaded muzzles, I'd think the market would be much bigger today, than of years past.
Bigger market for Howa rifles, yes. Bigger market for barreled actions only, I don't think so.

Really? It used to be that your local gun shop could order them through one of the big distributors (Zander's, Elliott Brothers, etc.).

Back in the late 90's they (the barreled actions) were the best kept secret LSI had....

https://www.howausa.com/single-post...ed-by-Lifetime-Warranty-and-Sub-MOA-Guarantee

https://www.legacysports.com/browne...d-by-lifetime-warranty-and-sub-moa-guarantee/

As far as I know, the exclusivity on the barreled action is only for this year. Might be extended in 2019. Complete rifles aren't exclusive. My guess is Brownells is selling a lot of them and wanted to corner the market on the barreled actions.

Seen here. Can’t get alot of stocks were I live. Denmark. (Europe)
Planning a build, but unsure as 6.5 creedmoor is rather new here

Attachments

• 5CD1A5C4-9FCA-45CB-925F-D14020CE21B9.png
    5CD1A5C4-9FCA-45CB-925F-D14020CE21B9.png
    323.6 KB · Views: 65
6.5 creedmoor is a short action caliber. You can build a 6.5cm rifle off a long action though.

Reactions: palle2612
If you qualify for Brownells discount (mil/le/ffl, etc) the barreled action prices are pretty good at times.