• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Howa 1500 Bravo 6.5 CM - Can't Remove Bolt

BravoX

Private
Minuteman
Sep 14, 2020
I recently purchased a Howa 1500 Bravo in 6.5CM. I haven't even got to the range with it yet but realized I can't remove the bolt without first removing the adjustable cheek piece.

Is this an issue with the KRG Bravo chassis? If it is has anyone modified the cheek piece (possibly cut part of it off) in order to remove the bolt without having to remove the cheek piece each time?

I recently purchased a Howa 1500 Bravo in 6.5CM. I haven't even got to the range with it yet but realized I can't remove the bolt without first removing the adjustable cheek piece.

Is this an issue with the KRG Bravo chassis? If it is has anyone modified the cheek piece (possibly cut part of it off) in order to remove the bolt without having to remove the cheek piece each time?

If you don’t want to move your cheek piece cut a relief in it.

It takes like 5 seconds to loosen the screw and pull the riser out, or push it all the way down...is that really an issue?

Yes its an issue but not an issue of time. Its an issue about once you get your cheek piece set you have to continually remove it and reset it back every time you clean it.

Yes its an issue but not an issue of time. Its an issue about once you get your cheek piece set you have to continually remove it and reset it back every time you clean it.
I bet you could wrap some tape around one of the bars or create a spacer to index it back to the same depth.

Expounding on the above suggestionBuy some PEX or aluminum tubing with an inside diameter only slightly larger than the cheek rest’s installation studs. Cut to rough length (leave it a little long) of the exposed section of the cheek riser studs at your necessary cheek weld height. As you refine your cheek weld fit, use a belt sander to adjust the PEX/aluminum tubing length.

Allows for easy on/off without affecting your cheek height by removing/reinstalling the PEX/tubing

Spray paint black or whatever color best matches your Bravo.

This is common with most similarly configured stocks/chassis. Not necessarily a Bravo or a Howa "issue". It's one other reason why many prefer a folding stock.

(Doing what Anb618 suggested is a good idea too)

Reactions: BravoX
Expounding on the above suggestionBuy some PEX or aluminum tubing with an inside diameter only slightly larger than the cheek rest’s installation studs. Cut to rough length (leave it a little long) of the exposed section of the cheek riser studs at your necessary cheek weld height. As you refine your cheek weld fit, use a belt sander to adjust the PEX/aluminum tubing length.

Allows for easy on/off without affecting your cheek height by removing/reinstalling the PEX/tubing

Spray paint black or whatever color best matches your Bravo.

This seems like the most practical fix. No permanent changes to the stock. Stock keeps its value if I ever want to get rid of it. Aluminum also will not compress or create any small adjustments over time. Thanks!

Reactions: Anb618
As above, most anytime you are able to have a cheekpiece in the proper position for a scoped rifle, removing the bolt will be more difficult. Above are several good suggestions, we typically use the o-ring method.
Thank you for your business!
Justin

Reactions: Anb618