• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Howa 1500 hcr owners.....

shooter98

Private
Minuteman
Mar 12, 2013
Have any of you swapped out the Luth ar buttstock? If so, what did you use? I am ready to move on to a new one as I don’t care for the Luth. Thanks.

What don't you like about the Luthar stock? I have two, the fixed version on an AR and the collapsible version on my HCR and I really like the collapsible. If we know what you don't like about it, we may be able to better steer you toward something.

Reactions: shooter98
I’d like more adjustment on the rear, also the cheek weld adjustment always loosens up while shooting. I’ve cranked it down hard enough to the point I feel the thumb screw is about to break.

I’d like more adjustment on the rear, also the cheek weld adjustment always loosens up while shooting. I’ve cranked it down hard enough to the point I feel the thumb screw is about to break.
What do you mean by more adjustment on the rear?

You might reach out to Luthar on the cheek weld always loosening. I've got about 1000 rounds through my HCR and have never had an issue with that cheek weld loosening.

I shot with a buddy this last weekend and he has the magpul prs on his rifle. I really liked the adjustable lop on the back. I was able to get a very comfortable shooting position set. I’m not a huge fan of the collapsible hcr.

You can call us about the Stock issue, 775-828-055.
you will need to install a fixed stock adapter to run a fixed stock, there arent many collapsible stock options out there with the adjustability of the LUTH

I have an HCR and I did once think about switching out the buttstock. I haven't done it though. As far as the cheek riser, why don't you add some loctite on the screw so it stays put...

I didn’t want to lt any of the screws, but what I did do was put some thread tape on it. It helped some but makes moving the thumb screw a pain when the cheek piece did move.

you will need to install a fixed stock adapter to run a fixed stock, there arent many collapsible stock options out there with the adjustability of the LUTH
Thank you. To be honest I would prefer the fixed stock. I locked in the Luth when I got it where I wanted it. I don’t think I’ve ever used the collapsing feature.

I’m 100 percent honesty, the only thing keeping the Luth on here so far is the flag paint. It is too pretty to remove lol.

Hi Matt,

I have a Howa 1500 .308 (Flag) out of the box that I’ve recently taken to the range a few times. I dialed in the scope scope on trip #2, and on trip #3 was 7” high at 100 yds. After 20 rounds in 30 min it was re-sighted, and I let the barrel cool down/ change target. The next shot was 7” low.. I can visibly see the mirage from the barrel heat while shooting.is the issue with the Nikki scope, barrel, or something else?

Have noticed the same issue with my flag stock as well. To be honest I have been wanting to get another stock for the rifle. Wish the grs stock was available when I purchased originally

I put a Bravo stock on mine. The reason I did so was to be able to use aics mags. I wish I had done a bit more research before I bought it.

Agreed. I have a bravo for my rem700 and really enjoy it.

There is something about the luth stock and hcr chassis I just dont like while prone