• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

How's this for DPMS .308lr

hosshotrods24

Private
Minuteman
Jan 27, 2010
souhern indiana

JUST A 3 SHOT GROUP TRYIN TO WORK UP SOME NEW RELOADS-- .39GRAINS OF HODGEN BENCHREST POWDER, CCI .34 PRIMERS, 2.008 LONG WIN BRASS, 168 GRAIN SIERRA BTHP

Re: How's this for DPMS .308lr

Nice.

Mine groups about 0.50 MoA.

Bolt guns, while nice, are becoming obsolete.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: garandman</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Nice.

</div></div>

very true,even worse whn it is a off the shelf gas gun

yeah i painted it didn't come out perfect but it's mine an yes i know i catch alot of shit about my rings it came on it before i got it

When I see gas guns routinely winning benchrest matches I will accept that bolt guns are obsolete. Definitely can’t argue with how yours shoots though. You will have to show if you can get it tightened up anymore through load development. Good shooting.

Militant Taco JUST A 3 SHOT GROUP TRYIN TO WORK UP SOME NEW RELOADS-- <span style="color: #FF0000"><span style="font-weight: bold">.39GRAINS</span> </span>OF HODGEN BENCHREST POWDER said:
I am surprised that .39gr of powder will send a 168SMK all the way to the target at 100yds.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Cegorach</div><div class="ubbcode-body">When I see gas guns routinely winning benchrest matches I will accept that bolt guns are obsolete.</div></div>

You won't see that until they change the rules - Semi-autos are prohibited for use in BR comps. Maybe they are "afraid" of them?...

Cheers,

Bill

Pretty good, but you're about 1.25 minutes low and .75 minutes left. Better luck next time.

wink.gif

Mine does very well. Surprising for an out of the box stick-ESPECIALLY for a semi-auto. My load is Winchester brass,Fed210,42gr.RL15 and a 175SMK.

My 24" LR308 shoots 1/2 MOA with Hornady 168 AMAX loads. I need to play with some handloads and see what it can do.

That's fricking awesome for a gas gun. Any mods, or custom work? BTW, nice paint.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Rob01</div><div class="ubbcode-body">My 24" LR308 shoots 1/2 MOA with Hornady 168 AMAX loads. I need to play with some handloads and see what it can do. </div></div>

Same with me except 18" barrel.

I use 43.0 gr Varget with the A-max 168's. What powder / weight you using?

Or are you talking factory ammo?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: DesertHK</div><div class="ubbcode-body">That's fricking awesome for a gas gun. </div></div>

Actually, I'm finding its not uncommon.

Mine is factory ammo. It's giving me about 2625fps. I want to load some 178 AMAX and see how they do. With the 10 twist barrel they should do good.

Have you tried loading any of the 155 gr. Amax? Ny DPMS seems to like them pretty good also.

I need to get out and shoot my LR-308. I bought the thing last winter and have only put 50 rounds through it. On the other hand, I put hundreds through my bolt gun over the summer. I suck. But the DPMS did seem like it was going to have some promise of accuracy when I did shoot it.

Justin

I would very much like to see some groups from some of the DPMS gas guns from 300-500 yards using handloads or match ammo. I have been curious for a while about whether i need to own one of these guns or not. A buddy of mine tried one out prior to doing a trade deal on another rifle and had decent results at 100yds, but as they stretched it out to 300yds and beyond, the groups seemed to open up quite a bit and was shooting all over the place. Anyhow, hope some folks can share some long range results so as to help me make up my mind. Thanks Guys.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: WRM</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Cegorach</div><div class="ubbcode-body">When I see gas guns routinely winning benchrest matches I will accept that bolt guns are obsolete.</div></div>

You won't see that until they change the rules - Semi-autos are prohibited for use in BR comps. Maybe they are "afraid" of them?...

Cheers,

Bill </div></div>

Not true anymore. The IBS has just included an AR class. Bring em out and show em off!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 5R_308</div><div class="ubbcode-body">...as they stretched it out to 300yds and beyond, the groups seemed to open up quite a bit and was shooting all over the place. Anyhow, hope some folks can share some long range results so as to help me make up my mind. Thanks Guys. </div></div>

Other than the effects of wind and mirage, I can't see any reason that a rifle that will shoot at 100 yards wouldn't shoot at 500 yards.

My 100 and 200 yards groups are exactly the same, measured in MoA.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: garandman</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Nice.

</div></div>

Totally agree with this idea as the AR platform improves continuously. Why not have something like this gun or a REPR instead of a bolt to reach out touch your target.

I was also intrigued to read a review from the SHOT show presaging the demise of fixed 1X red dots because the 1-?X scopes are getting so much better as well.

Nice shooting.