• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

HS Precision Rifle Thoughts

mosquitoshooter

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jun 2, 2010
Hello folks,
I have an HTR 308 (FBI Tactical model) that I have had for 6 years or so. It is one of the most accurate rifles i have ever shot. Many times i have had 5 round groups within .40 moa at 100 yards. I would post picks if i knew how!!!!

My question revolves around the fact that I never hear anything about them. I know the situation a few years ago of course with the Lon Horiuchi deal. Anyway, I am wondering what the concensus is on the quality of their Tactical rifles nowadays. Again, i never hear about them. And, although i was dissapointed with the whole horriuchi thing, i love the rifle.

Any owners of HS Precision rifles i am curious of their thoughts as well. Have you had as good of experience with them as me? Any negatives? Ive never read a negative review or accuracy report on their rifles themselves. Public relations has been a different issue of course.

I don't know anything about their PR issues but my HTR is amazing. I can't get it to shoot over 1/2 MOA. It's my favorite bolt gun. Fit and finish is perfect and the action is smooth as butter. I'd buy another one.

Never shot a HS Precision rifle before, never seen anyone with one yet at the range. But I do have the HS Precision stock on my rifle and it's a really well made stock, I love it. Very light weight, works well with or without sand bag, comfortable on the hands with the nice hand grip shape design and has a nice slight rough feel on the stock which gives added grip. It's the PST-035. Basically the same stock that the HTR has minus adjustable cheek piece and length of pull. Would really love to shoot one though to see for myself how good they are.

One thing I would recommend to anyone who plans on getting one, go for the fully adjustable stock, unless you know the non-adjustable one fits you perfectly or other reasons unknown.

The H-S is my duty rifle and I really like it. I have had it for several years now and it hasn't failed me through numerous call-outs/missions. Ditching the McCann Rail helped lighten it up a little, but it is still on the heavy side. The rifle is very accurate.

I had an HTR and it was a good rifle. You can often find good deals on them which is a good value. I wouldn't pay retail for their rifles though, not worth it IMO.

HTRs I've used were good rifles. My only real complaint is with their DBM. I have used both older and newer HSPrecision DBM, so trust me when I tell you that there are better DBM systems available (AI for example).

I currently have an old (2006) LE rifle, an HS Precision HTR (left hand action) that shoots about 1/2MOA with FGMM. I say "about" because the last 500 rounds was more like 5/8MOA. Last summer I took it apart for rebarreling and waited for a new barrel to arrive.

Not long after tearing it down, an area PD response team trainer said they needed a left hand rifle for a trainee (his department had only RH rifles).

So I cleaned the old barrel and reassembled the rifle, replacing the original DBM system with newest HS DBM, and put one of the spare Mil/Mil scopes on it.

The lefty finished at the head of his group during the marksmanship portion of the training.

Maybe it was the cleaning (removing the last traces of copper fouling) or light polishing of the bore with JB, regardless the old HTR still shoots pretty well.

Your HTR stock is adjustable (LOP and cheekrest), has a tuned action and trigger assembly, and will shoot 1/2 MOA according to HS Precision with match ammo.

IMO it should serve you very well.

I have owned three, all hunting version. A 300 RUM, a lightweight 260 and my current hunting rifle in300 WSM.
All three have been everything you could ask for in a custom rifle. The 300 wsm is ridiculously accurate with the right bullet.
My only complaint is the DBM. It functions fine but is too short for berger bullets. The LRX bullets from Barns have killed everything I have shot at though from 260 out to 975 yards. They are very good rifles.

Thanks all. Mine has about 3,000 rounds through it and way below 1/2 moa. It makes finding the "perfect" load hard when it shoots everything well:)