• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

HSM 338 Lapua

Re: HSM 338 Lapua

I haven't shot the 338 LM, but if it is anything like the other offerings from HSM it will be good stuff. They use quality components.

Josh

I have shot their 50BMG, 457 WW Magnum, and MK 248.
All were great performers.

I haven't shot their 338 Lapua ammo but have used a lot of their 308 168gr AMAX loads. I get better accuracy out of my GAP SCLE and Fulton Armory M1A with it than anything else. It beats Federal Gold Medal when I've tested it side by side. And it's cheap, Id recommend this ammo to anyone.

I've sold a fair amount of it to customers. the reports I hear back is that it is reasonably accurate (not handload accurate tho) and the brass reloads just fine (guy had reloaded it 5x so far)

I will have an opportunity to fire it out of a freinds rifle soon, so I'll have some first hand experience instead of just customer range reports.

the brass is made for them by a fella in Australia they tell me.

well got out and did a little shooting with some 300gr HSm 338 lapua. ran thru a trg42 w/ nightforce.
ran it out to 1000 and it was hitting reliably and easily at that range. made 1 big black spot on the white steel I'd estimate to be about 8" in diameter. wind was a slight factor tho too and sent a few flyers that still hit the 20 x 36 silhoette. Initial break in of weapon yielded some cold barrel inconsistencies at 100, but by the time I ran it back down from 1000 to 100, it was giving 1 hole groups at 100.

rounds went exactly where the ballistic computer estimated using litz BC and observed velocity at 1000.

i have not fired the 338.

but i have been VERY happy with their. 155 palma, m118lr, 190smk.

All and have been extremely accurate in both of my rifles