• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

HTX Noob Checking in

HookemDanno

Private
Minuteman
Feb 19, 2024
Houston, Texas
Howdy all! I'd never planned on shooting PRS or long range and then I met a certain purveyor of Mediterranean food at a certain range on the west side of town (if you know, you know) and now I'm hooked.

I recently "finished" my first Budget Build (I work in the Public Sector and have 3 teens in the house so it'll be a while before I can "keep up with the Joneses") Howa 1500 in 308, 24" barrel with Radical Nada Comp, "Ebay special" HCR chassis, Harris Bipod, AB Arms Urban Sniper stock and topped by an Arken EPL-4 6×24×50.
20240303_162146.jpg

After breaking her in I've come to realize that as heavy as this chassis is, I need more weight up front. Is there a metric for how much I should add? Does it depend on cartridge?

Welcome! I’ve found that adding weight to where the rifle has a free balance point while supported on a bag is the best way. I use ziploc bags with washers hung from different areas and then measure their respective weights to see exactly what weight goes where and fine tune from there.

Reactions: HookemDanno
Welcome, shoot it off the dirt to get those legs on there. Shooting off that bench will have that puppy jumping I would guess...

Reactions: HookemDanno