• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Gunsmithing Huber Concepts triggers

Re: Huber Concepts triggers

I've been looking at the Huber as well. Also the X-treme mod 22. I really love the trigger on my TRG and would like a two stage for my 700. Anyone have experience with all 3 of these that could give a comparison?

I recently purchased one here on the Hide to run in a new SAC 284 Surgeon build, and although I have yet to fire any live rounds, dry-firing the two stage Huber has really impressed me. First stage is set at 9 ozs. And then breaks at 1.2 lbs. Sweet. Although not as crisp as my single-stage Jewel, it feels more natural when it breaks.

I have owned a couple of them and used them for a couple of years. I think they are a great trigger, very crisp, VERY consistent and continue to operate flawlessly under tough blowing dirt and sand conditions.

I have sold mine for 1 reason, the trigger shoe is positioned forward in comparison to any other 700 trigger and it requires the shooter to reposition their hand on the stock to compensate for the trigger shoe. I have fired several thousand rounds with the Huber and dry fire even more and try as I might, I didn't like the feel of how I had to adjust.
For me this issue is the deal breaker. If the trigger position were moved rearward, I would buy another one.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 1911GunNut</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I've been looking at the Huber as well. Also the X-treme mod 22. I really love the trigger on my TRG and would like a two stage for my 700. Anyone have experience with all 3 of these that could give a comparison? </div></div>

If you like the TRG, chances are you'll really like the Huber. We stock only the products we ourselves like and use and when it comes to triggers we like the Hubers and X-Treme.

The Huber can be had in a single stage and a two-stage. You must order the triggers with the weight already set by John before it leaves his shop. The triggers are not user adjustable.

The X-Treme is also available in a single-stage and a two-stage. These are adjustable. The trigger shoe on the X-Treme is slightly longer than many other triggers. When using with some bottom metals you might need to relieve just a bit of material from the bottom of the trigger shoe. We've had to do this with some X-Treme two-stage triggers being used with Surgeon bottom metal.

The Huber and X-Treme triggers stay very consistent and can be used in pretty harsh environments (e.g. sandy, dusty, wet, etc.) without losing settings or coming out of adjustment. Some triggers that are used frequently in benchrest environments can have problems if you don't take the time to keep them clean.

I personally like the feel of the Huber two-stage better than any other two-stage trigger. I am running an X-Treme single-stage in my .308 rifle and love it. When we get time to work my next build into production I'll be building up a 6.5 Creedmoor and I'll be using a Huber two-stage in that rifle.

I have more info on all these triggers and I know we've got at least one TRG (and a pile of Huber & X-Treme triggers) back at the shop. If I remember and have some time tomorrow, I'll try to post some more detail. Anyone around Winder is welcome to drop in and play with some triggers.

Mark

Thanks for the info guys. Mark, do you notice the slightly forward position of the huber that mtetm mentioned? If you have time, could you compare the trigger shoe position on both the huber and x-treme to a stock 700? I'm looking at the X-treme tactical of course.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BookHound</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 1911GunNut</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I've been looking at the Huber as well. Also the X-treme mod 22. I really love the trigger on my TRG and would like a two stage for my 700. Anyone have experience with all 3 of these that could give a comparison? </div></div>

If you like the TRG, chances are you'll really like the Huber. We stock only the products we ourselves like and use and when it comes to triggers we like the Hubers and X-Treme.

The Huber can be had in a single stage and a two-stage. You must order the triggers with the weight already set by John before it leaves his shop. The triggers are not user adjustable.

The X-Treme is also available in a single-stage and a two-stage. These are adjustable. The trigger shoe on the X-Treme is slightly longer than many other triggers. When using with some bottom metals you might need to relieve just a bit of material from the bottom of the trigger shoe. We've had to do this with some X-Treme two-stage triggers being used with Surgeon bottom metal.

The Huber and X-Treme triggers stay very consistent and can be used in pretty harsh environments (e.g. sandy, dusty, wet, etc.) without losing settings or coming out of adjustment. Some triggers that are used frequently in benchrest environments can have problems if you don't take the time to keep them clean.

I personally like the feel of the Huber two-stage better than any other two-stage trigger. I am running an X-Treme single-stage in my .308 rifle and love it. When we get time to work my next build into production I'll be building up a 6.5 Creedmoor and I'll be using a Huber two-stage in that rifle.

I have more info on all these triggers and I know we've got at least one TRG (and a pile of Huber & X-Treme triggers) back at the shop. If I remember and have some time tomorrow, I'll try to post some more detail. Anyone around Winder is welcome to drop in and play with some triggers.

Mark </div></div>

Hi Mark.
Huber Concepts Remington 700 trigger Pull Weight <span style="font-weight: bold">#2</span>

First stage is set at <span style="font-weight: bold">1.0 lbs</span> and then breaks at
<span style="font-weight: bold"> 1.0 lbs.</span>???
<span style="font-weight: bold">1.0 lbs+1.0 lbs=2.0 lbs or #2?</span>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Jedi</div><div class="ubbcode-body">HUBER = Nirvana </div></div>

1+

I have a couple Huber's and recently added a MOD 22. There is one thing I don't care for on the 2 stage Huber trigger. If I pull the first stage and then release (don't take the shot), when I pull the trigger the second time, there is no "first stage" any more. This is noted on a trigger with over 1K down the rifle and who knows how many dry fires.

I spoke to the mfgr of the MOD 22 and they stated their trigger will not do this. I haven't fired the first round with the MOD 22 yet. Next season will tell...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Goin'Hot</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I have a couple Huber's and recently added a MOD 22. There is one thing I don't care for on the 2 stage Huber trigger. If I pull the first stage and then release (don't take the shot), when I pull the trigger the second time, there is no "first stage" any more. This is noted on a trigger with over 1K down the rifle and who knows how many dry fires.

I spoke to the mfgr of the MOD 22 and they stated their trigger will not do this. I haven't fired the first round with the MOD 22 yet. Next season will tell... </div></div>

The X-treme triggers will in fact reset the 1st stage if let off. Have two of X-treme model 22's triggers, great trigger that is user adjustable.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BookHound</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 1911GunNut</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I've been looking at the Huber as well. Also the X-treme mod 22. I really love the trigger on my TRG and would like a two stage for my 700. Anyone have experience with all 3 of these that could give a comparison? </div></div>

Mark </div></div>

You say the Huber is non-ajustable, but according to the instruction sheet I got with my Huber it says,"
The trigger has one user adjustment - 1st Stage length."

Tom

I couldnt agree more with Mark. The Huber is the only trigger I will run in anything they make them for. I LOVE my TRG and Sauer 200 TR/ SSG3000 triggers and the Huber is the only thing that comapirs, well other than the Anschutz 5018 that is. Buy it and you will love it, no dobut.