• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Hunting & Fishing Hunting backpack coloring

beachhair234

Sergeant
Minuteman
Aug 19, 2010
Austin, TX
The first time I went hunting I used a black Camelbak Lobo to carry water and some other minor supplies. It was way too small and really stood out. I've since been looking at picking up the Camelbak Stiker in AP. However, having a backpack dedicated to hunting seems sort of stupid so I've been looking at other backpacks that blend well into my camo. I have some AP and APG items. While at REI yesterday I found two pretty good potentials: Camelbak Day Star (yes, this is a chick pack, but I like the way the shoulder straps flare for shouldering a rifle) and the Arc'Teryx Mantis. Neither is completely perfect, colorwise, but they aren't camo. So I took some pictures to see what the opinions are. On the left side is the Arc'Teryx and on the right is the Camelbak.

AP
DSC_0028.jpg

DSC_0025.jpg

DSC_0026.jpg

DSC_0027.jpg

DSC_0029.jpg

APG
DSC_0020.jpg

DSC_0022.jpg

DSC_0023.jpg

DSC_0024.jpg

DSC_0030.jpg

Thanks

Re: Hunting backpack coloring

I dont think I'd worry too much about the pack not matching my camo perfectly....just another color to help break it up a bit. my.02

My hunting gear consists of a Redhead day pack with spare dry socks and gloves, winter camo shells, and items I might be needing if my evening return was in doubt, a hip belt carrier with snacks, beverages and spare ammo, and a belted hand muff, it can get might brisk when it's 15 degrees and there's a steady wind. They all have some form of woodland realtree on them, and for the price and the applications, this sufficeth. I carry 1L Saline containers filled with Apple Juice, and use the empties for urinals. In a stand, I'd rather be spilling the Apple Juice than the urine. And yes, I can tell the difference between the bottles.

I hunt alone, and at 64, with tricky cardiopulmonary issues, an impaired immune system, and way too many miles on the old bones, I'm seriously reconsidering going out this year.

Greg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Forty-One</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Come on. You are not serious.

I only hunt small varmints like possum/rats but I always try to make it look like I was a soldier so I carry everything in the pockets of my MARPAT Camouflage Utility Uniform w/ Iraqi shemagh.</div></div>

Can you even tell IF there is a camel-back on in this photo? Look out squirrely-squirrels - im gonna getchya!!

multi-cam.jpg

I am a firm believer that Camo was invent to sell to hunters.

There was an article in F&S about a guy who poor boy'd his own camo by bleaching brown sweaters and dark pants to form patterns. Killed tons of shit because of his superior woodsmanship, not his high dollar camo.