• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Hunting & Fishing Hunting in Africa

NRF

Sergeant
Minuteman
Mar 12, 2010
CORNHUSKER
I can't get any straight answers from the outfitters so I am wanting to ask someone that has been there.

I know the cost's of the hunt isn't that bad, what are some hidden costs that the outfitters won't say?

I priced airline tickets they were around 2000 to 3000 thousand depending when you booked.

Now the super question how much does it cost to get the animals back It is a big pain in the ass ? How long does it take ? Do you guys have the guiding service mount the heads then ship or do you send hide and horn back to the states I would like to know what it costs just to ship the hide and horns I know a very well known taxidermist on African game here.

Thanks for the help, Neil

Re: Hunting in Africa

2-3 mil for a roundtrip ticket? I will take you there and back for only 1 Mil, but only if you contact me by the end of the day.

I just got back a little over a month ago from RSA huting with Kei River Hunting Safaris. This was a 5 animal plains game hunt and I added a Gemsbuck and a Black Wildebeest. I am having the Kudu and Gemsbuck done in shoulder mounts and the other skull bleached and hides all tanned. All in for the taxidermy is just under 3k and it will be around $800 to get it shipped to NYC. Not too bad for 7 animals.... I am sure there will be some additional costs for Uncle Sam but it should not be more than 4 or 5 hundred dollars. This was my first trip to Africa and I had a wonderful experience and highly recomend Kei River to everyone going over on thier first safari!!

f_025s.jpg

f_111s.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> PS: To Balls 172, the Nyala's were take with a handgun as well, they used to reside in Hillsdale, NY... Know anybody with initials A. B. there ???</div></div>

The only A.B. I know is a 24 y/o girl with a fine set of double D's, no tsure if you know her too....

But I do know Frank Zitz, his shop is only 5 miles from my house and he does alot of my taxidermy. He is an outstanding guy who does some very very nice work. There are about a dozen mounts in my house that he has done.....

oh yeah, we went thru Custom Travel for our airfare and we went From Dulles to Joberg for $1400 on SAA.

I hunted Namibia in may 2007. I hunted on a package so everything was in the price from when I landed in Windhoek until I flew back out. Airfare from Denver to Frankfurt to Windhoek was 1800 round trip. Check with Kathy at Wild Travel for your airline tickets. She was able to get be a better price than I could find otherwise, and works mostly with hunters which makes the firearms issues much smoother. Taxidermy was done in Glenrock Wyoming. The hides and horns were back in the states toward the end of 2007. I had Hunter International do the customs brokerage for me. Between brokers fees and air freight, which was required due to being raw hides, getting them from Namibia to my Taxidermist was $1600 if I remember right.

The suggestion of the accuratereloading sight is a good one. It's like the hide for international hunters. I spend almost as much time there as i do here.

Alright guys thanks for some very good incite and the links to the taxidermist and accurateloading sight, I will hopefully be booking in the near future. Thanks again