• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Sidearms & Scatterguns Hunting Knife (weapon)

Re: Hunting Knife (weapon)

Tikka'd,

I hunt boar here in Hawaii with dogs and knives as well. There are many great knives listed above. Are you just looking for a pig sticker? You might look at the cold steel OSS as well. I prefer and use a cold steel trailmaster only because I use it for brush cutting/clearing etc.

18937New_Image4.JPG

18937May_14_2005_100_boar_037.jpg

DSC021972.JPG

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 808Huntress</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Tikka'd,

I hunt boar here in Hawaii with dogs and knives as well. There are many great knives listed above. Are you just looking for a pig sticker? You might look at the cold steel OSS as well. I prefer and use a cold steel trailmaster only because I use it for brush cutting/clearing etc.

18937New_Image4.JPG

18937May_14_2005_100_boar_037.jpg

DSC021972.JPG
</div></div>

Sweet!!

check this guy out. I have had a couple of his blades and currently have one that I carry everyday it is the Talon, makes a great skinner for deer and pig. It is small but he has other great knives suitable for your needs a lil on the pricey end though.
www.medfordknives.com

as mentioned, search fdick sticker on ebay, im sure you will come up with something, otherwise, check out the bloombros (aussie pig hunters) website as i believe thats were i got mine from years ago, with heavey duty leather sheath.

fdick make a single sided version and a double sided version, incase one or the other is illegal in your locale.

at the guy wanting to hunt pigs with a throwing knife.......have you ever seen a feral hog? lol

total length is 3 iphone 4s long....sorry, dont have a tape measure handy.

the blade was designed ground up for this one purpose.

jimi

I would prefer a blade with a double sided guard. Something like the Cold Steel Laredo Bowie would be awesome.
The demonstrate the blade on a pig for you!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fEsrO_poIUg&feature=player_embedded#!

I would really like to try a big kukri.
Check out Cold steel's Gurkha Kukri demo!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z7dS8YWqymo&feature=player_embedded#!

Becker is gonna be an awesome choice! Not real expensive and bomb proof. On a custom/production knife: TOPS. call and talk to mike fuller. No b.s real american badasses!!

Not fancy custom knives in these pics, but out of the knives pictured the Cold Steel Boar Spear on top works good but is bulky for busting the brush...if you hold it just right it can help bust through the brush and push some of the mesquite branches out of the way. The other knives I have used is on the top right, cheap knife, but I liked the protective knuckle bow. The knife I currently use for hogs is the silver stag bowie knife second from top on right.

IMG_0709.jpg

old pic here, both these boys are grown now.

PICS617.jpg

I'm sure my Cold Steel SRK would be up to the task.
I'm also sure I don't have the balls to try it!