• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Hunting & Fishing Hunting Opening Day

Jackson/Charvelfan1

Minuteman
May 30, 2011
MA,USA
Hello Everyone,

Just thought I would share some pics from my last hunt at a friend's Family Farm on the Eastern in MD.

The spike is the one I took this year. I am going to have the hide processed as I have not seen anything like this.

The spike is what they call "piebald", seen one in the wild. They are rare and usually get picked off due to their color.

I have seen a few and my brother has seen a lot of piebald deer. They are common in central NJ. Its a genetic thing so it varies by area.

Thanks. Yeah I have not seen a hide like this before. It will be great once I get it tanned. At the farm they told me they had a full albino before. Unfortunately he got hit a few years ago. I am very happy to have this one.

There was one state that has a herd of piebald deer and if i remember right they were protected. Michigan state comes to mind for some reason.
Xdeano