• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Hunting & Fishing Hunting rifle setup?

seabass1858

Private
Minuteman
Dec 14, 2011
would a 30-06 savage with a custom 26in varmint contour barrel, nikon monarch 2.5-10x42mm scope, accutrigger, boyds ross laminate thumbhole pillar/glass bedded stock make a great hunting rifle for all game because I plan to PCS to alaska.

Re: Hunting rifle setup?

So in another thread you are making recommendations on what gun to use in alaska and here you are asking.... padding you post count?

I personally prefer a shorter barrel but that's all individual preference. Otherwise it sounds good to me.

No, I think you'd be alot better off with a 25.8in barrel.......that would make it the ULTIMATE Chuck Norris endorsed killer of anything 4 legged. You'll need to paint it with tan krylon though or it's a total wash.

Im just getting accurate shooting multiple loads for 30-06 and working up hotter ones at the moment along with going off of what family members said and learning from other various opinions as well. I live in ft benning which the 30-06 is plenty enough for boar and going to alaska after MI school to wainright. Ill admit that I am working my posts up. keep in mind that I am a novice shooter and learning more about hunting than just sitting on a hill or running through the woods hunting hogs to fill my freezer. Im more use to my 260rem or bolt 223 than anything.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: seabass1858</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> Ill admit that I am working my posts up. </div></div>
You do know that that is a no no around here dont you?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: The Rules</div><div class="ubbcode-body">5. Padding of your post count will result in a temporary banning of no less than 1 week. If you post more than 15 posts in a single day you will be considered padding your post regardless of the content and your account will be termporarily suspended.</div></div>

more so thinking of as many questions as i can before i have no internet access for months and so im not learning the hard way.

Do you have three threads going at once all about the same exact topic?...

considered but also trying not to AK blind thats why i been posting.

Ill give a plus on the rifle scope/setup for that matter, but I would try to eliminate multiple posts about the same topic because with one long question you can eliminate the confusion. That's all