• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Hunting Rifle Slings

Belton 45

Private
Minuteman
Jan 3, 2009
Central, TX.
So have picked up a few different stocks recently that are flush cup. Any recommendations on over the shoulder slings that will stay put??

All depends.

You gonna use a sling for a hasty position off hand or just carry the rifle?

I carry my rifle on my pack, but use the sling from time to time, so use a basic quick adjust nylon one.
Vtac quick adjust is my fav I think.
But have used a couple basic Butler Creek ones and they worked great too

Lives on an AR when not hunting.

Over 20 years ago, I, after trying a lot of different slings, settled on the Brownelles Latigo sling. The reason I like it is because I can unhook the back and quickly put my left arm through prefixed loop and use it like a target sling for stability. It works great with my hiking poles as cross sticks with the sling looped around my arm pulling the rifle into the crossed handles. You adjust the loop to your size and it stays that way. They do a terrible job of marketing it and pointing out how useful it is. While hunting, I only have the rifle slung on my shoulder if I need both hands as my R93 carries like a fine shotgun and is a pleasure in hand.