• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Hunting scope recommendation for a 6.5 prc rifle?

I’ve got a Havak that I run an ATACR 4-16 MILC on for a hunting rifle, and love it. I ran a MK6 3-18 on a similar 6.5 SAUM I used for a few years, but I wasn’t a fan of the turrets. Never had any tracking issues with it, but they didn’t feel worth a damn. I replaced it with a Bushy 4.5-18 LRTSi for about a week. The glass was severely lacking. I’m thinking about picking up another Havak, and throwing a 2.5-20 NX8 MILXT on it. I may end up with another MILC though.

I’m a big fan of both the MILC and MILXT reticles. I love the MILC for a hunting rifle, and a big fan of the XT for a target rifle. I’d like to give the XT a try for a hunting rifle though. Which is my main question regarding which way to go.

Leupold Mark 5 3.6-18x44. Very compact, durable scope. Very light as well. I have a nightforce ATACR on a 338 Lapua that I hunt with. I love the gun, but it is an overall ‘big’ stick to carry around with a scope that size. I have a Seekins 6.5 PRC in order and have purchased a Mark 5 3.6-18. Should make a fairly compact package. My only wish is that the Seekins was offered in a 22” or 20” barrel as well!
My new rifle is a sequins as well. I think its a gorgeous rifle.

Next question is mil vs Moa? Most of my optics have been MOA (just put a Burris on my VEPR). My initial thoughts are to go with a mil but my understanding is that both are good if you understand the math and invest in some range time.

Reactions: Moose
If this was a PRS optic I would say mils makes sense so that you are speaking the same language as everyone else.

If moa is your Huckleberry, stick with it.

Next question is mil vs Moa? Most of my optics have been MOA (just put a Burris on my VEPR). My initial thoughts are to go with a mil but my understanding is that both are good if you understand the math and invest in some range time.

They both do the same thing, just take the time to learn how they both work and understand the differences.

If you are happy with either then just pick what ever scope/reticle fits your requirements and you'll be fine.

I ran moa for a-lot of years and wanted to try mils and Im happy I did.I find it easier to work with mils but Im happy I have a working understanding of both moa and mils.

I put a Bushnell LRTS 3-12 on my hunting rifle recently and I'm really liking it so far. I think the G3 reticle is going to be perfect for hunting.

At this point I think vortex is out of the running. Currently my new options are Leupold Mk5 3.6-18 and 5-25, Leupold Vx3i LRP 6.5-20, Nightforce SHV 5-20x, Nightforce NXS 5.5-20x and maybe the Bushnell Forge 4.5-27 and XRS II 4.5-30. Ive looked briefly into other brands such as Burris, Sig and Riton but they either don't make an optic with a reticle I like or I have not heard great things about them.