• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Hunting Sling

Shootinsurveyor

Sergeant
Minuteman
May 30, 2009
VA
I will be needing a sling for the upcoming deer season. I have a MCM A5 with flush cups on the left hand side. I don't have any idea about flush cups or the slings that go with them. I have looked at a few like TAB and others. I want to be able to carry the rifle slung across my chest while still hunting and be able to slowly bring it up to fire if need be. No snap shooting as it is a heavy barrel 243 and not suited IMHO for that. I have regular slings, but ordering one blind is outside my comfort level. What should I look at, for, tips, recommendations?

Re: Hunting Sling

I just bought a TAB quick adjust with flush cups. Its a really great sling. You can easily adjust it to be snug against your body for the hump in and then let it out to allow for a low ready position for shooting.

Flush cups are the way to go, especially where you have a stock made with them, no worries about them pulling out. Having them on the side also makes the rifle sit better against your body.

I would go for the basic version of the TAB quick adjust sling (triad tactical has them) so there is no metal or plastic buckle to make unwanted noise.

TAB quick adjust. I used it 2 weeks ago for 4 days to hike all over New Mexico in search of a bull Elk. When hiking up and down mountains, through dense trees, and over loose rock, it is a huge advantage to be able to easily snug the rifle up to your body.

I am going to run a Flex Sling (Slogan Outdoors) this year. Google it and check out the vids on the site. Looks promising.

I run a Tactical Intervention quick cuff sling and really like it for hunting.

Triad Tactical sells them

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: itieknots7</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I run a Tactical Intervention quick cuff sling and really like it for hunting.

Triad Tactical sells them </div></div>

This......

I run a TAB Biathalon and use it as a normal sling, or on the back, even in the weesatch. Just finished a week end hunt, and it was great to have. I find it versatile enough that I can still sling it over one shoulder, and bob/weave around spider webs and such. Then, when ready to hump, just toss over both and out of the way.

In the past I have just ran the TAB gear sling on two flush cups. Now I run a Montana Gun Sling w/ the flush cups. Pat Sinclair (PGS on the hide) makes the slings.

Check out the site http://montanagunslings.com/