• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Hunting & Fishing Hunting Whitetails with FGGM

Re: Hunting Whitetails with FGGM

It seems all the experts are in Texas and Colorado. The former is simple to understand, where else could you hear: "There's an old saying in Tennessee — I know it's in Texas, probably in Tennessee — that says, fool me once, shame on — shame on you. Fool me — you can't get fooled again.", the latter well, they all left California to "californicate" wherever they went. (Anybody remember what CO was like before the Califonicators came) or they had to leave some other state one step ahead of the "long arm".
You boys keep wounding or maiming animals with your match bullets, we'll keep killing them with Barnes.
Wonder what you are ever gonna do when the lead ban becomes nation wide...... Check the suggested Yellowstone regs for 09'
Suggested now, mandatory very soon.
Probably also missed all the new monolythic bullets out there (Nosler, Hornady, Remington etc)... oh yeah they are all doing it for the folks who hunt in Condor habitat...LOL
Couldn't be superior performance could it? Oh, I forgot all the bullet tests in Handloader, Rifle, Successful Hunter, African Hunter and so on are all faked because Barnes is paying them off.
None of you dipwads has still to address the basic question of "why". Why not, one wonders, perhaps there is no "why" other than the self inflated ego that says "I know more than all those other assholes who have killed more game in more places than I will ever kill or see". Right up there with the idiot who used to hunt Tigers with the "Imp". (I know none of you read so that will remain a mystery to you).
Keep screaming, nobody is listening.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Mr. Humble</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
</div></div>

You sure as shit are listening. However, you're right. You are nobody.

Yellowstone regs. as in the park?

You keep referring to and quoting things others do. Yet claim it as yours.

I suppose you should reference Bergers' Website then and discuss results about their world wide Hunting with match bullets.

Big Ben parliament

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I think I'm done with this thread as all the factual points I wanted to make, I have and the name callers must be running out of moronic insults by now.

Adios and good hunting!</div></div>

I knew we could count on you!

I have not read all the responces to this thread but I would have to say that the Sierra Match King bullets seem to work well for me...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uWyOtb6ycLY

4 days later I took one at 1360 yards with the same results and have taken many other at closer ranges with the same results. I have seen the same results with the 308 pushing the 168SMK, at closer ranges obviously.

Oneshot

That cant be possible oneshot! That is a match round, and as we all know, match rounds DONT work on flesh!!!!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: shaggyback</div><div class="ubbcode-body">That cant be possible oneshot! That is a match round, and as we all know, match rounds DONT work on flesh!!!! </div></div>

Lmfao, yeah SMK's can only be used for paper punching.

There is no proof without pictures, video is so subjective to error.

Besides.. do we really know for sure it was a match bullet... after all you didn't recover one. I mean it probably penetrated all the way through.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Mr. Humble</div><div class="ubbcode-body">It seems all the experts are in Texas and Colorado. The former is simple to understand, where else could you hear: "There's an old saying in Tennessee — I know it's in Texas, probably in Tennessee — that says, fool me once, shame on — shame on you. Fool me — you can't get fooled again.", the latter well, they all left California to "californicate" wherever they went. (Anybody remember what CO was like before the Califonicators came) or they had to leave some other state one step ahead of the "long arm".
You boys keep wounding or maiming animals with your match bullets, we'll keep killing them with Barnes.
Wonder what you are ever gonna do when the lead ban becomes nation wide...... Check the suggested Yellowstone regs for 09'
Suggested now, mandatory very soon.
Probably also missed all the new monolythic bullets out there (Nosler, Hornady, Remington etc)... oh yeah they are all doing it for the folks who hunt in Condor habitat...LOL
Couldn't be superior performance could it? Oh, I forgot all the bullet tests in Handloader, Rifle, Successful Hunter, African Hunter and so on are all faked because Barnes is paying them off.
None of you dipwads has still to address the basic question of "why". Why not, one wonders, perhaps there is no "why" other than the self inflated ego that says "I know more than all those other assholes who have killed more game in more places than I will ever kill or see". Right up there with the idiot who used to hunt Tigers with the "Imp". (I know none of you read so that will remain a mystery to you).
</div></div>

<span style="color: #CC0000"><span style="font-size: 17pt">Roses are red,</span></span>

<span style="color: #3366FF"><span style="font-size: 17pt">Violets are blue,</span></span>

<span style="color: #006600"><span style="font-size: 17pt">Why can't you SHUT THE FUCK UP?</span></span>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I forgot all the bullet tests in Handloader, Rifle, Successful Hunter, African Hunter and so on are all faked because Barnes is paying them off.</div></div>

Advertiser dollars tend to effect the outcomes of tests in 'magazines' you do realize this right? No ad dollars, no magazine.

I can't recall seeing Pop Photo ever giving a Canon or Nikon lens a less than 'acceptable" image quality rating. Same principle, ad dollars at work.

Matters not to you because you Larry, rely more upon what you read, than what you actually DO.

Go publish a book or something
grin.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Probably also missed all the new monolythic bullets out there (Nosler, Hornady, Remington etc)... oh yeah they are all doing it for the folks who hunt in Condor habitat...LOL</div></div>

Convice the masses to buy the 'newest and best'. The 40 S&W comes to mind
wink.gif

Just another day at the range

t-villeparty2006-295.jpg

Sad to see another thread "Humblized"...

wco24u... If the FGMM is accurate out of your rifle then go with it...

Shot placement will trump bullet selection every time IMHO ... A bad shot
is a bad shot no matter what projectile you choose ...

Know the limits of your cartridge and projectile but most importantly know
your own limitations and don't attempt shots out of your pay grade...

The rifle and cartridge will by far out perform the driver...

The term "Hunting Bullet" gives too many the false bravado that shots not normally
taken can be made with amazing results...Many times to fall short of their expectations
due to lack of proper shot placement...

I have made a living my entire life behind the trigger on this and several other
continents... Never once have I gave a second thought to the bullet selection or
caliber but focused entirely on shot placement...

A piece of gravel launched at 2800 fps will kill its intended target as long as
shot placement is correct and you do not exceed the limitations of said piece of
gravel ...

Last year I killed 13 Bull Elk, 354 Cow Elk, 25 White Tail Does, 3 Bears, 1 Mountain Lion and
127 Coyotes... 80% of these kills were with SMK's and "None" took more than one shot
or had to be tracked... The other 20% were with "Hunting Bullets" with the same outcome...
Once again shot placement is key...Projectile choice is secondary...

Before someone opens their cock holster... the above mentioned animals were all taken
legally, free ranging animals and were not shot over bait...Per my "Contract" with with
two different .gov Agencies...

As for you Larry, AKA "Mr. Humble","our gang","nyc","schmidt bender","alibaba",
"spanky","tinytim" or who ever the fuck you think you are... You are fucking
delusional...

Why do you continue to push your antiquated bullshit and second hand knowledge
into threads that has nothing to do with what you are trying to sell ...

99% of what you spew is information you read some where in some Hunting Rag and does
not come from first hand experience...Why try to Sell it as your own experience...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Mr. Humble</div><div class="ubbcode-body">You boys keep wounding or maiming animals with your match bullets,
we'll keep killing them with Barnes.</div></div>
I have had to track 45-50 animals as a "Hunting Guide" so far...
All but one instance had nothing to do with the short comings of a projectile/cartridge or
arrow/broad-head combination whether it be a hunting/match bullet or fixed/mechanical broad-head ...

All were due to poor shot placement and nothing more... The one instance was a well placed
shot at 15 yards with an arrow... the Mechanical Broad-head failed to open...95% of the
other instances were "Hunting Bullets"... But none were "Ass" shots...

Speaking of "Ass" shots Why would one that is so highly skilled in the art of Hunting, Stalking,
Camo, Cover and Ambush advocate taking an "Ass" shot anyway...
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Mr. Humble</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Couldn't be superior performance could it? Oh, I forgot all the bullet tests in Handloader,
Rifle, Successful Hunter, African Hunter and so on are all faked because Barnes is paying
them off.</div></div>
Barnes throws a lot of money to the Rags mentioned above for advertising... Of course they will recommend the use of Barnes...

Here's a link that would make for an interesting read since you like to read so much... Barnes...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Mr. Humble</div><div class="ubbcode-body">None of you dipwads has still to address the basic question of "why".</div></div>
For one the OP's question had to do with the use of FGMM not a "Schooling" of why Barnes is
in your eyes the best...

That seems to be your MO all the time... A plethora of useless bullshit that you attempt to force feed
to an individual that has questions... the only thing you forgot in this thread was to add Brownells Number...
You're slacking "Turbo"...

If the OP is comfortable and his rifle shoots the FGMM accurately then why have him change
to a combo that may shoot less than acceptable for him...

Barnes is not the "Holy Grail" of bullets by any means... Keep drinking the "Kool-aid"...

I prefer "Real World" tests verses telephone books and fuckin' jello...As I imagine so do the others
involved here...
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Mr. Humble</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Why not, one wonders, perhaps there is no "why" other than the self inflated ego that says
"I know more than all those other assholes who have killed more game in more places than
I will ever kill or see".</div></div>
Self inflated ego... I doubt you have killed more game than many who have posted here... Although you do try to sell yourself as a "Killing Machine"...
2 Elk, 12 goats and 50 deer is hardly a claim to fame...

I have been at my current location for 12 days... I have had hunters kill 3 Antelope Bucks... I have killed 15 antelope, 27 coyotes, 1 Bear and 1 Lion... I have already killed more goats in 12 days than you have killed in your 67 years of useless existence... By no means am I trying to sell my self as an "Expert" or even anywhere close...Why should you...

In your eyes you are a "Boat Expert", a "Hunting Expert", a "Reloading Expert", a "Shooting Expert", a "Tactical Expert", a "Sniping Expert" etc, etc... When in all reality you are nothing more than a "Bull Shit Expert"...

To top it off if you don't know anything about a topic you throw in Brownells number as the cure all...What a fuckin' Douche...

Many of the above posters that you have insulted have BTDT...You have only NBTBRT (Never Been There But Read That)...

Continue to keep us in stitches as we all await your infinite wisdom...

Sorry for the long post girls... I haven't had good service and was going through " Hide With-drawls"... Had to get my fix...

LMFAO Shag... Is that MOA (Minute of Ass)...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: elkhuntinguide</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Last year I killed 13 Bull Elk, 354 Cow Elk, 25 White Tail Does, 3 Bears, 1 Mountain Lion and
127 Coyotes... </div></div>

I think "HOLY SHIT" are the words I was searching for....

I want the GPS coordinates to your freezer.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: elkhuntinguide</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
Speaking of "Ass" shots Why would one that is so highly skilled in the art of Hunting, Stalking, Camo, Cover and Ambush advocate taking an "Ass" shot anyway...
</div></div>

l.gif

Your question, was simple. So is the answer, don't. Sierra even says in their witeups not to use SMKs for game.
You have heard from every expert including the Obama paid game butcher, a regular Buffalo Bill!
You can decide based on a bunch of "experts" on a website, or you could actually buy some books and magazines written by professional hunters and take their advice. Your call, I'm just here to LMFAO at all the guys in black hoods, funny eyewear and the suck wads that follow them everywhere I am, because I piss them off so much.
Think this thread is on the "DONE" list.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">For one the OP's question had to do with the use of FGMM not a "Schooling" of why Barnes is
in your eyes the best...

That seems to be your MO all the time... A plethora of useless bullshit that you attempt to force feed
to an individual that has questions...</div></div>

That's PAR Brother
grin.gif

JLM, you ignorant fool, I gave him the answer in the first post. If you were not so busy blathering your pie hole you might have seen that.
Go count murdered Elk with your "hoodie hero".

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">and the suck wads that follow them everywhere I am</div></div>

Not only are you delusional, but now we can add paranoid to that list. Nobody is fucking 'following you'. Don't flatter yourself.

I happen to cruise the Hunting subforum quite frequently, and saw a thread about FGMM and its use on game. I guess nobody is supposed to post following you since you are the final fucking word of god on everything Turbo?

Didn't you say you were done back on Page 1? Make up your goddamn mind allready
grin.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Mr. Humble</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Your question, was simple. So is the answer, don't. Sierra even says in their witeups not to use SMKs for game.
You have heard from every expert including the Obama paid game butcher, a regular Buffalo Bill!
You can decide based on a bunch of "experts" on a website, or you could actually buy some books and magazines written by professional hunters and take their advice. Your call, I'm just here to LMFAO at all the guys in black hoods, funny eyewear and the suck wads that follow them everywhere I am, because I piss them off so much.
Think this thread is on the "DONE" list. </div></div>

You don't make any sense. So the OP shouldn't listen to a professional hunter but should buy books (from your ebay store?) to get the opinion of professional hunters?

Seriously, are you handicapped? Please just say so if you are, I don't want to make fun of a handicapped person.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Mr. Humble</div><div class="ubbcode-body">JLM, you ignorant fool, I gave him the answer in the first post. If you were not so busy blathering your pie hole you might have seen that.
Go count murdered Elk with your "hoodie hero". </div></div>

Fuck me I thought I was on ignore
smile.gif
How do you even know what I said Turbo?

You didn't give him THE answer, since you don't use the projectile in QUESTION for the OP's intended application. You gave him YOUR fucking answer. Which is the only answer that is correct, in whatever version of 'reality' that you live in.

There is only one bullet in the world that works..BARNES.....ROFL....

And just to add value to this thread, in this state it is specified that hollow point or soft tip ammo must be used, SMK qualifies.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Mr. Humble</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
You have heard from every expert including the Obama paid game butcher

buy some books and magazines written by professional hunters</div></div>

EHG IS a professional hunter. Does he need to write a book for someone to listen to him? He works for the government, so what? Should he have quit when the new guy got elected?

Or are you just trying to sell more books?

Its an uphill battle to try and discredit someone who does it day in and day out for a living.

Follow you around? Hate to break this to you, when we click onto a thread with a catchy title, its not because you might have posted something in it. It cracks me up that you think people do anything specifically because of you. Youre insignificant on your best day.

Elkhuntingguide put it in the X ring,the only thing not mentioned is his bashing his fellow(I use it loosely)Hide members because of where they are from,that is Bull Shit,I'd point out that this MR Humble is not FROM Wyoming,but somewhere back east,but it makes those members look bad.He is bashing Californians while forgetting that those guys are on the same side as us.He is a joke.

"Facts are nice but perceptions are all that count"

Holy frijoles this argument gets too far out of hand. Humble, if a rifle is zeroed with a certain bullet and you don't want to spend a shitload of time and money working up new loads for a rifle that already shoots well is one damn good reason with ammo costs these days. Some here will only have their match rifles. I don't promote the use of SMK's on whitetails as a <span style="font-style: italic"><span style="font-weight: bold">first</span></span> choice, and have posted such in previous posts here, <span style="text-decoration: underline"><span style="font-weight: bold">BUT</span></span> they will kill deer as dead as anything if you use them inside their limits.
On the Texas heartshot - on any medium and up size game it is a piss poor reach and asking for a wounded animal, even with monolithic solids in common deer calibers, so I will add my .02 here. I have seen deer and bear out the ass killed with everything bigger than a slingshot in WV. The OP asked specifically about whitetail so where the hell did elk come into this argument???
BTW. The Barnes bullets can be done wrong just as easy as an SMK. Ideas like the Texas heart shot and such lead to as many wounded animals as a less worthy bullet. I will never use those overpriced things, when a proper weight soft pointed boat tail or solid for bigger things, will do the job just as nice for much less $$$. Bullet technology has been quite nice for over a decade or two now for the purpose needed, and well beyond the capability of most. Hit a rear quarter leg bone of even a deer from the ass end on even a solid or X CAN and <span style="font-style: italic">sometimes</span> <span style="font-weight: bold">will</span> veer off of line and the animal will run off to die a painfull and long death. Nobody who would take a shot like that goes in the woods with me, my friends, or families of anyone I know.
And by the way, on those of us dissenters, uneducated folk who don't know how to spot and stalk. Although our woods are merely "hills" here in Appalachia(ask ASC shooters how small and meager they feel when traversing them before saying we don't have terrain) I hunt from foot in some of the wooliest, steepest cover WV can throw at you. Shaly Laurel, Rhodedendrun, and grape tangle covered slopes with some areas full of cut tree tops and briers so thick the whitetail have to crawl and tiptoe around in that shit(or jump 15 ft over such before you can pull the trigger when you think you have them). I have drug out deer(thats the way its done here still-I have learned better as I got older) that took me a whole day to get out of a "holler". So having "some" spot and stalk experience I will again disagree with a previous post, and I will say an ass end shot is no shot at all if you have not lost your way as a sportsman. If you are starving to death and need to feed your family ok no problem-all bets come off then. To fill a tag for a "sport" hunt, B.S., its plain silly. Guys, don't be greedy and shoot game in the ass. I also don't advocate head and spine shots unless you know your limits of distance, speed and wind(doesn't take much to put you off brain at even 200yds), and have demonstrated constant marksmanship capable of doing this to yourself. Its just as easy to leave a jawless or infected deer to die elsewhere as it is with a shot up hindquarter. Neither is deserved by the animal.
Now, back to the bullet. The SMK(and from what I've seen others do, the A-max) is not <span style="font-weight: bold"><span style="font-style: italic">ideal</span></span>, but if you put 168 gr of lead into a deer shoulder at over 2000 fps, it is not getting stopped before it goes through and causes significant mayhem. It will kill. The 175gr even more so. A 150 sgk is my 1st 308 whitetail choice. I used to kill them with 100gr sps out of a 243 before it was cool, and it used to be my "watch this" rifle on deer in doe season(culling, not hunting). Those bullets blew up on impact, but those deer did not hardly flinch when shot. If they will kill deer, so will your SMK at 1.5 times the weight. Think of this - damn, they used to kill all game mentioned here with .40- .50 cal. round balls moving one hell of a lot slower for food and yet they ate. If SMK's are all you bring to kill deer, pick open shots and hold up if there is brush in your sight.
My biggest reason for not using them most of the time is the open tip causes more volitile damage to the bullet and trajectory when encountering brush etc en route to a deer compared to the SGK <span style="font-weight: bold">IN MY HUMBLE EXPERIENCE</span>. Said hindrences are common as previously mentioned here. In the open fields and farms is a different story. Game on with the SMK if you are only geared up for it. Sierra's warning is because they don't have the luxury of explaining all of this to hunters who know so little about bullets/ballistics that they wouldn't understand the arguments anyway. Besides, this way they sell more bullets. Realize there are better choices, but that this bullet will kill just fine put on target without cover interruption. Heavier will equal more penetration gaurantee.
A 175 will not at all vaporize even on a shoulder hit. Even if only 50% of the mass gets through you have deer down not far from the place it was shot, when put in the boiler room. The idea that you need 80% plus weight retention for non-dangerous game is marketing fluff.
OP, don't get caught up by all this. Bring what you have or retool to your pleasure. Be ethical to your highest standard and have fun! I ramble on too much, but I will politely STFU now. Good luck deer hunting. Before you know it you will be pondering sticks and strings, and smokesticks as the addiction to hunting grows.
cool.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Mr. Humble</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Your question, was simple. So is the answer, don't. Sierra even says in their witeups not to use SMKs for game.
Think this thread is on the "DONE" list. </div></div>

I guess the "Ignore" feature stopped working....

First off "Turbo"... Don't flatter yourself as no one here is following you around... If you don't like what was said hit the fuckin' notify button and cry like the bitch you are... or use the "Ignore" feature as you claim to anytime someone calls you on your bullshit...

You preach the TSX is the "Ultimate" bullet but what actual experience do you really have with the TSX... The handful a shitty ass goats you post... The couple elk we have all seen more than we want to...

You put down the SMK like you have actually tried it and it has failed you...Please give us your personal experiences with the SMK and killing game with it... After all that was what the OP asked about was it not...

Your beloved TSX was released in 2003... How many Big Game animals have you killed with it personally... 6... Maybe 10... And you preach on what a great "Hunting Bullet" it is...What "Real World" knowledge do you have other than this handful of animals that you have killed...Far from enough to consider yourself the "Authority" on hunting bullets...

I have killed more Game with the TSX than you will ever dream of and it has worked no better than any other projectile that I have sent at any Game... You like the penetrating properties of the TSX as it passes completely through the animal and assists with tracking with a blood trail...A better shot placement and tracking is not needed... But you knew that right...

Now I'm not credible because I work for the government...LMFAO...I worked for the government long before the magic negro took office and I will work for it long after he is gone...I kill shit for a living... I don't care who signs the check as long as it cashes and I am killing shit... What do you do for a living... Oh yeah you publish books and have to slum to selling them on E-Bay... Great choice of careers Fuckhead...

Larry...You're no fuckin' "Rockstar" here... You can't even claim fuckin' "Groupie" status Dumbass..."Village Idiot" at most...I will admit that I do check your posts anytime I have internet access...Just for pure entertainment value...You always deliver...You are by far the dumbest fuck I have ever read... Truly... I'm not bullshittin' you Larry...You are really that fuckin' dumb...

So now you fuckin' Idiot... Run out and buy some new "Hunting Rags" and post up what someone else has to say... Give advice from someone else and claim it as your own you ignorant fuck...While you're sitting there reading, "Real Hunters" are out killing shit so you can live vicariously through their experiences and none of your own...You are nothing more than a "Never Has Been Who Always Wanted to Be"... Plain and simple...

And simple for you is hard... Real Hard...

Wow. Leave town for a few days and Humble is even more off track than when I left.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: elkhuntinguide</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> By no means am I trying to sell my self as an "Expert" or even anywhere close...</div></div>
EHG, nice to see you weighing in. No need to sell anything, your results talk and Humble’s BS can walk. Humble THAT is a Texas saying.

EHG, thank you for taking time to share your experience, and the laughs.

Last week:
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Mr. Humble</div><div class="ubbcode-body">"How many bull Elk have you passed on because the shot wasn't good or the animal did not meet your standards?" That number has three digits. </div></div>
This week:
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Mr. Humble</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Now unlike you "experts" I don't pass up a shot
</div></div>
Now, which is it?

This experience is the basis for your pompous and arrogant attitude?
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Mr. Humble</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Oh, I forgot all the bullet tests in Handloader, Rifle, Successful Hunter, African Hunter...</div></div>
BTW – we are discussing deer hunting in North America, not Cape Buffalo and rhinos. Try changing magazine subscriptions.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Mr. Humble</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I use the Barnes because it did the best in both the ballistic gel and wetphonebook (interspersed with fresh large beef bones)tests....
I'll show a pic of it below....
For those of you who are actual hunters... </div></div>
Pics? Where are YOUR pics? Everyone else posts pictures of animals and you are posting pictures of your rifles, and now the magazines that you read instead of your results.

I'll repeat my question from last week which you dodged - how many game animals have you killed in the last two years?

Here are some match bullet terminal performance pics. These are a sampling of my results, not out of some magazine or website.
Between the shoulder blades when they put their head down. This is my favorite shot as they drop like a bag of rocks where they stand and do not twitch at all:
Maltsberger2008116.jpg

Upper neck is in my first post, but here again to make it easy for you. This shot will drop them where they stand, but they will still move their legs, which I do not like to see.
2008ComptonRanch117.jpg

Base of neck; a good shot, they drop right there and do not twitch:
2007Maltsberger037.jpg

Head down at the base of the skull, this is the exit wound; they drop where they stand, but the feet will move some:
2008DecMaltsberger217.jpg

Feral pig, just forward of the shoulder, which is much thicker skinned and tougher on a bullet than a deer, a through and through which severs the spine also, drop where they stand and no twitching:
MaltsbergerOct2008060.jpg

Here is a feral pig that was running, quartering away at 180 yards, taking out the ribs and going into the lungs and spine where it exits the thorax. The bullet path through the ribs answered any remaining doubts I ever had about using match bullets. Accurate and lethal, that is why I use them to answer your question Humble.
MaltsbergerOct2008055.jpg

Now, here is one for a fair, objective analysis of match bullet terminal performance. This cull doe was a bit too close (about 40 yards) when I had the 7wsm with match bullets. It is too much power for does, but it surely did not twitch even before it hit the ground. The entry point is the base of the white patch on the front side of the neck.
2008DecMaltsberger215.jpg

Now my wife hunts deer too and has been reading your posts for a few weeks after hearing me laughing out loud. Last weekend, she shot a few steels at 100 yards with some 175 SMK’s and wanted me to ask if you have armored plated deer up there in New York?
2009AugMBR035.jpg

Humble, you do provide some great entertainment and for that I thank you. For everything else, time to put up or quiet down.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Mr. Humble</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I reject your reality and insert my own... </div></div>

Mr. Humble I am curious as to the caliber you use for hunting pronghorn in Wyoming? I use a .25-06 and have had excellent success with it what is your preferred caliber ?

Thanx! From a fellow Wyomingite!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Wil</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Mr. Humble</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I reject your reality and insert my own... </div></div>
</div></div>

That really about sums it up doesn't it?

Actually he inserts the 'reality' of someone that is sucking off the paid TEET of the advertiser money that goes to the magazines he reads.

Imagine this scenario. You have some 'brave' writer for one of the gun rags write an article that says "It really comes down to shoot placement and not whatever particular magic bullet you use to shoot game with. Almost anything will work." How long do you think that writer will last at that magazine? How long do you think it will be before the advertisers, which are in reality the main financial support of the magazine, get their panties in a twist. Rhetorical question obviously.

Instead you see articles about how much better the Federal Trophy Bonded TIP is much better than last years super bitchin nuclear powered Barnes Explodatron MK27 are. Or accuracy testing of factory rifles using 3 shots groups. That's priceless shit right there!

Then you have the matter of 'product endorsements'. IE, the 'swag wagon'. People buy Air Jordan's because they gotta be 'like Mike'. Its not that much of a stretch to say that more than a few of these 'Professional Hunters' that Mr. Humble likes to suck off at every opportunity shoot Barnes because....duhhhh....they get them for FREE? The 'SCHWAG Wagon' is rampant in the firearms/hunting industry.

ETA:

Here's a prime example of just how fucked up magazine's staff by so called 'experts' can be totally FUBAR:

http://www.outdoorlife.com/photos/gallery/guns/rifles/2009/07/scope-test-2009#

Outdoor Life's 2009 Scope Round-up. Both the BSA and the NIGHTFORCE clock in at 2 and a 1/2 stars. Priceless shit there
grin.gif

Jeff,WTF,this is the hunting forum,you are showing honest to god kills on the animal(several)in question,by the bullet in question.Ya gotta get off topic a bit,where are the rifle pics?

That Nightforce rating in OL pissed me off to no end. But, JLM is exactly right. Look at every other scope that they test. Look which ones recieve the highest ratings. Then look at which ones have full page spreads in OL (or Fields & Stream, since they are the same company). You'll notice the high scoring scopes have spent some advertising dollars.

This is not an anomaly. Its the same in every industry.

Geeze some you guys are fucking clueless.. Once again who gives a shit!!!

Hunt with what you have or want to shoot with. I wouldnt give a shit if marlin perkins, jack oconner,elmer keith or his mother said I was doing it wrong..

I would still use whatever the hell I want to hunt with.

NOLO

NOLO... you're not pickin' up what we're puttin' down bro...

We're SAYIN' hunt with whatever so long as shot placement is good...

Bumble is the cat that's rockin the Barnes X rim job...

OK I have read all the way threw this and I have learned some things and some I will take away from here

First- Elkhuntinguide is GTG in my book and is the Man.

Second- The pics of the game from jeffbird make me miss home good ol Texas.

Third- I have NO problem busting some white tail with a SMK or a AMAX. Put it where you would a "hunting bullet" and it will do the dead all day long. Yes they make good hunting bullets and if your gun shoots those good use them either way it is shot placement nothing more.

LASTLY- MR Humble is still a Fucking Idiot. I cannot understand why in the hell he is here, don't they make a web site for tinker twat little bitches that just want to spread there retarded seed of dumbass thoughts. You know at some point you need to realize that the world is not against you, it is just that everybody can't stand you, NOW GO AWAY.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Wil</div><div class="ubbcode-body">NOLO... you're not pickin' up what we're puttin' down bro...

We're SAYIN' hunt with whatever so long as shot placement is good...

Bumble is the cat that's rockin the Barnes X rim job... </div></div>

I am pickin it up Wil.. Thats why I said SOME of you guys. I just cant beleive that some people get so bent out of shape for this crap! I have used all kinds of diff. bullets and you are completely right (Shot Placement is the key!)

NOLO

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Wil</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
so long as shot placement is good...
</div></div>

That is just stupid.

Field and Stream tells me that big game will only fall to the man wearing the latest Scent Blocker clothing in the newest camo pattern shooting only the newest Hornady ammo from the newest Browning X-Bolt with the finest Bushnell scope with the newest DOA reticle. That is the UNBIASED truth from the experts. You can bet your boots on that. Oh, and they recommend only the finest boots from the fine folks at Cabelas...

Yes sir. Unbiased professional opinion.

HAHA
Damn Shaggyback that is why I can't kill shit, I use a old ass pussy round, you know that piece of shit 30-06. On top of that I wear supper hunter clothes like Wrangler, Justin boots and Carhart jacket NO DAMN sent blocker. It is called use the Wind and put the bullet where you need it.

Bullshit shaggy the Outdoor networks says rifles purchased at walmart, remington corelokt ammunition and rocky boots, if and only if you wear mossy oak camo and take shots you have practiced over and over again while playing PS2. That's what make you good and know your shit.
I hear Jordan and Primos are pissed cause they are the true experts.
However. I forwarded this thread to them and they are truly humbled by the man himself and the vast knowledge he's shown comparing Elk to Whitetail and Africa to the North American continent.
They are in awe of the superior cut and paste techniques exhibited by Mr. Humble and stellar memorizing and plagiarism abilities.

I shot a Blacktail,129 lbs hanging weight,big body small rack,with a 300 WBY MAG,factory 165GR,lung shot at appx 150yds.The deer dropped like a rock.The bullet actually exploded inside the body,no exit only fragments.This was Expensive WBY Factory ammo,if it was a shoulder shot,I have no doubt might have lost the deer.BTW,the rest of the box became varmint ammo.I'd trust a SMK more than this.

Just as an FYI to the "in crowd", I read neither Field and Stream or Outdoor Life and have not in 20 years since they went to hell.
Now lets see you "experts" take on the folks who write for Rifle, Double Gun Journal, Handloader, African Hunter and Successful Hunter. Better yet, let's see you write the individual authors ICO the magazines and give them your BS.... that would make entertaining reading!
You're all experts on everything but we have yet to see anything but little dead whitetails, Elk shot in feedgrounds and stupid avatars. We have heard nothing but playground bully cussing and empty threats to "kick some serious ass". They have obviously have no conception just how fast things would get "serious" given WY laws.

As for our new acolyte, Swarrik, thanks for your service. Unlike the others you are serving, although just a kid,
and apparently missed the part about respecting your elders who were doing the stuff you hope to do someday when you were just a gleam in Dad's eye. Calling me names really doesn't bother me as I have been called far worse by folks with stars not stripes. So save the "F" word for the NCO club, and try to deal with facts not invective. The former may win some converts, the latter may see you looking at the ceiling (and I don't mean in some liberty port brothel).

As for the civil question on Antelope calibers, I have no favorite. 26-06, 6.5x55, 270, 300 Savage, 300 WinMag, 300 H&H, 375 H&H and even a 50 caliber flintlock all have done the job with a single shot. None of those were the 1000 yards shots the experts make every day but none were blown off legs, gut shot, jaws shot off and all the other things that happen when your ego makes you think you can hit an MOA circle every shot at 1000 yards under real world field conditions. All but one (the 50) were shot with the evil Barnes and all were DOA within 5 yards.
Just another case of facts colliding with wannabe "experts", oh well, time to sit back and wait for the spew from the room temp. I.Q. set.

Yeah, things get serious at your fucking age. Seriously broken hip.

Plenty of the guys who responded to your horseshit have served/are serving. A fucking mil signature isnt a requirement...

Nothing but deer? Ive only seen you talk about shooting deer up the ass. Oh, Ive seen one pic of an elk out of you. But, we've been talking deer, so pics of deer are what you will see. Open your fucking eyes and look at the title of this thread: WHITETAILS. Deer is the topic here, you geriatric fuck.

As for magazines, they are all the same you dense motherfucker. Do you think the writers of the rags you read are ANY different from those that write for OL or F&S? They are cut from the same cloth, asshole.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Now lets see you "experts" take on the folks who write for Rifle, Double Gun Journal, Handloader, African Hunter and Successful Hunter.</div></div>

As if those magazines don't depend upon pleasing their advertisers either
wink.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">when your ego makes you think you can hit an MOA circle every shot at 1000 yards under real world field conditions.</div></div>

Funny, I haven't heard anyone here advocate doing that as THE way to hunt. I have heard more than few say "don't take shots that you can't make". While you might not be able to do it, there ARE people out there that can, and in fact DO. But since YOU don't find that to be 'ethical' you descend upon these threads at every opportunity to impose your 'will' on everyone. You want everyone to do it YOUR way. I don't hear the guys here that regularly take AND MAKE long kill shots on game say "It's my way or the highway." Unlike you.

Bottom line, don't make shots outside your pay grade, whether it be 50, 200, or 800 yards. You don't need a fucking subscription to a bazillion magazines to know that.

That respect your elders shit is funny by the way. I respect people who deserve it and earn it. If you are 60 and still a d-bag, then you are still a d-bag. Perhaps you ought to SHOW some respect for the other members here, before you DEMAND that they give it to you? What a novel thought
grin.gif

Mr Humble, i to have taken game with a SMK. I have been hunting with them for about 5 years, granted i have only shot about 6 deer in that span, but every single one that was hit with a SMK dropped right were they stood. They werent DOA 5yds away, they were dead were standing. I have always been taught to never take a shot that you cant make. I have read this thread and a few others that yuo have posted in. You spew nothing but hear say. Again you are in straight denial if you believe that the advertising dollars that the hunting magazines recieve doesnt play in on how the writers rate and review certain products. I see that you were a captain in something, but ill tell you this, i have seen officers get KOed for the same thing you are doing right now, so that pay grade shit dont mean nothing. Again i dont think it could be said any better, to get respect you have to give it first

oh since you like to keep bringing up a African game magazine, here is an article of guys hunting in South Africa, dropping game with..............................you guessed it a SIERRA MATCH KING

http://www.accuratereloading.com/bayala.html

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">They have obviously have no conception just how fast things would get "serious" given WY laws.</div></div>
Exactly what fucking laws are you talking about...?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Mr. Humble</div><div class="ubbcode-body">You're all experts on everything but we have yet to see anything but little dead whitetails,</div></div>
Third try, post up your results - on whitetails, the subject of this thread, we are standing by.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jeffbird</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
Mr. Humble said:
You're all experts on everything but we have yet to see anything but little dead whitetails,</div></div>
Third try, post up your results - on whitetails, the subject of this thread, we are standing by.

Jeff, I'm curious about his first hand results with the SMK as well. Whether it worked for him or it didn't and at what range.

ETA:

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">oh since you like to keep bringing up a African game magazine, here is an article of guys hunting in South Africa, dropping game with..............................you guessed it a SIERRA MATCH KING</div></div>

No WAY! Sierra Tech's say you can't do that. And Wayne Van Zwoll wellll.....
grin.gif
I don't believe it. Nothing in my 'extensive library' supports such crazy talk
grin.gif

You want to talk about respect, HAHA. Just like an arrogant "O" to run to the "you will respect me because I got a fucking degree in under water basket weaving or some shit". I respect a man because of his stand, because of his integrity, and how he/she leads there personnel, if I have to call you "sir" only because you wear bars then it don't mean shit. I know you will not get this but I have in 14 years of being a KID in the military, found that some lowly "E" nothing is the one you should tip your hat to, because he is the one that is doing the damn work to make his command look and run the way it should not bragging about witch senior's meat stick he was shoving down his throat. As for Ass chewing here is the difference an big boy "O" will not kill you or put there hands on you now walk your ass down to the Enlisted side of the house and run you mouth, you WILL loose teeth. I am truly happy that I have had better officers than you make your self out to be, Hell I would not follow you across a two lane road to secure a loaf of bread. That comment about looking at a ceiling, HAHA. ANYTIME

By the way last time we interacted you put me on the "that guy is way to Mean to me" list What happened?

Mr. Humble Thanks for the response. Even though took a while to find it due to all the targeting prior. While I use the .25-06 in a Ruger No.1 and try to keep shots at 400 or less the .25-06 proves itself out to 650 yards on one buck pronghorn. Gotta be prepared for that big one that always keeps out at those 600+ distances. And no lost or wounded as you stated. I prefer to shoot them and in bed and stay there. Most stand to die. Used the .270 for many years and lost a lot of good meat on those so went with the .25-06 may try the .243 this year. But for the distances being considered the .243 may be a little to small. While everyone here seems to like their own bullets I find Hornady bullets to perform best for my loads and shooting. Too each there own I guess may try some Berger's also.

Happy hunting!!

id have to agree swarrick, every single officer i have had a chance to work with has come into things with the holyer than thou attitude, but once those "lowly 2 stripers" put them in their place. Like i said above, to get respect you have to give it.

I'd would've gladly given up a stripe to issue you a missing teeth chit pad'na...

Zero's have to work even harder to EARN the respect of the enlisted men they are 'supposed' to be leading. Do it not, and they will giggle as they 'help' your career come to a quick halt... what's up 2p 0-3 ?

You have neither earned, nor deserve, any respect from any here. Best advice would be to go away quietly. Once again, you've shown your true colors as to the individual character you have; or lack, as it were.

You started this. You brought down the thunder and issued the first insult ('dipshits' I believe it was?). Now, when your ass is clearly handed to you, you whine, piss, moan, about threats, insults, personal attacks...

The very things you, yourself, are guilty of.

-out