• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Hunting & Fishing hunting with a can

skinney_7

Hammer down.
Commercial Supporter
Minuteman
  • Aug 23, 2008
    SD
    www.oneillops.com
    Any of you hunters out there do any hunting with suppressors??? big game, varmints, or predators.

DSC00127.jpg

Re: hunting with a can

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 858</div><div class="ubbcode-body">All of the above. Anything less would be uncivilized.

</div></div>
    what cans you use?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: skinney</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 858</div><div class="ubbcode-body">All of the above. Anything less would be uncivilized.

</div></div>
    what cans you use? </div></div>

OPS Inc on my rifles.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: shoot4fun</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Not legal here, as far as I know. I would love to though. </div></div>

Definitely something to consider, some states are varmint only, some states big game/trophy is OK. Check your state and local regs. Oregon has no silencer restrictions aside from federal/NFA.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 858</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: skinney</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 858</div><div class="ubbcode-body">All of the above. Anything less would be uncivilized.

</div></div>

OPS Inc on my rifles.

</div></div>
    how you like Ops inc??? i have gemtech, SRT, and YHM for my 30. cal and 556 hunting rifles, what gun do you have your can on?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: skinney</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 858</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: skinney</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 858</div><div class="ubbcode-body">All of the above. Anything less would be uncivilized.

</div></div>

OPS Inc on my rifles.

</div></div>
    how you like Ops inc??? i have gemtech, SRT, and YHM for my 30. cal and 556 hunting rifles, what gun do you have your can on? </div></div>

I have a few OPS cans. Its a good product without all the drama that is associated with silencers. I've run them on M16's, ARs, FALs, 700's, Savages, etc.

Can and MG for pigs/coyotes (non game animals). Unfortunately cannot use suppressed weapons to hunt game animals in Texas.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: superde</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Can and MG for pigs/coyotes (non game animals). Unfortunately cannot use suppressed weapons to hunt game animals in Texas. </div></div>
    thats sucks you cant use em on game animals, talked to my local GFP officer he told me our state has no regulations on hunting game with suppressors.

I use cans to hunt ground hogs and foxes. I wouldn't shoot deer with one, because that would be illegal.

Deer should be considered varmints here.

-dan

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Forty-One</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I use a suppressor sometimes and the more I do the more sense it makes to me.

21e9hsx.jpg
    </div></div>

nice pic, i only use cans to hunt, whether its rabbits or elk, it just sounds better when the bullet hits.

I always thought you had a big head.