• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Maggie’s Hunting with a Howitzer

Re: Hunting with a Howitzer

I've had my eyes on that build for awhile now. I know I could turn out the barrel but not so sure I could follow through with the carriage. I'm trying to convince my brother in law to build the rest of it.

I like the hunt he did with it, that's my style.

~Wingnut13

I'll have to give that a try. I've had a 100% success hunting deer using the daisy cutter but not nearly as good meat recovery. That seems like a good compromise.

I'm liking the Double Bull Howitzer blind! But, it was better before Primos bought them out! Just Kidding! CKruse

Ok this guy is in my back yard and I've heard of him before? Now I'm curious, might have to look him up.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: HillBillySniper</div><div class="ubbcode-body">This is awesome I wanna build one just to try it</div></div>

Dude I was up till 1am last night researching how to build mortars after seeing that guys sight haha The best idea I saw was one that used soda cans filled with concrete for ammo seeing as how that's inexpensive. But...it would be nice to shoot something bigger ha
Any ideas for inexpensive, large diameter ammo?

Maybe someday in the near future we will get a new section added to the Hide forum list, "Homemade Howitzers and Mortar Range Reports".

How can a guy get so lucky to hit a deer 5 likely 6 times in the spine??? At least it didn't suffer
laugh.gif

Ammo Selection:
Go to the grocery store and check out all the different size soup/bean cans. The 29oz cans are a good size. I have seen Large welding tanks used as mortars firing bowling balls, that was impressive!