• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Night Vision Hunting with NODs. Lessons learned, questions, and or advice. Share setups

My only gripe is that it would be easier to have a pressure pad.

They do make a pressure switch for the SuperTac. As for the mount, you can use any standard 1 inch flashlight mount if you get the GGG ring reducer for $10. GGG-1248. I found that the $10 for this and using a regular light mount is a hell of a lot cheaper and works better than Streamlight's proprietary .90" mount.

I like the idea of having another IR light for closer up stuff. I have a smaller light too that I've tried to mount on my Protec helmet but it seems as though the Picatinny rail is mounted in such a way that points it downwards.

Check out the Streamlight Sidewinder Compact for a great helmet light.

If you don't want to spend the $10 you can wrap a little electrical tape around the light to make it fit a 1" light. Spending the $10 isn't a bad idea though.

If you don't want to spend the $10 you can wrap a little electrical tape around the light to make it fit a 1" light. Spending the $10 isn't a bad idea though.

Bingo, this is what i did. Plus my flashlight mount already had some padding on the inside of it. I have the pressure switch on the way.

I picked up a cool monopod tonight at Cabelas. It was a cheapie but has a little picatinny rail on the side. I was able to mount my IR light that isn't as bright as the SuperTac. I'm thinking it might be a little more handy for me than hauling a tripod around. I'll try and post a pic here in a few.