• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Hunting & Fishing Hunting with the 25 Creedmoor

coldboremiracle

Freelance Sharpshooter
Minuteman
  • Jul 7, 2009
    Utah, north
    www.coldboremiracle.com
    Starting out a thread for this awesome little cartridge, just to track it individually. If you want to know more about it, the main thread is here , or if you’d like to read about it even further, you can on coldboremiracle.com . So far, Ive managed to wipe a few squirrels of the map, but I plan on using it for deer and maybe elk very soon:
    15f3j1v.jpg

Reactions: powderBurnz
    I'm tossing around the idea of getting a barrel for my 257 wby. I was thinking about waiting until the hunting bullet comes out or I see some reports on the current ones performance on game. I will be watching this for sure.

Is there a big push from mfg’s to produce newer bullets in 25 cal like 6mm, 6.5mm?

Scratch the first kill down for the 25 Creedmoor, a friends son shot his first deer at 610 yards this evening with my 25 Creedmoor whom I call “Quarter Lord”. Also a first was using the Blackjack bullets 131 grain Ace match bullet, seen left below next to three different 6.5 bullets (all 140’s).
    war30n.jpg

The very flat shooting 25 Creedmoor needed only 9 minutes of elevation for a perfect coldbore hit at 610 yards.
    23vdems.jpg

Here you can see the offside exit wound:
    5ezon7.jpg

If you would like to know more about the 25 Creedmoor, or this project, check it out here: Operation Quarter Lord

Very nice. Cant wait for mine.

28rjk2x.jpg

This kid, right here. What a champ. He’s now three for three on mule deer. We had a rough day, this was the only buck we saw. And he did exactly what I hoped he would do, came out just like he did last night. Coldboremiracle junior was ready on the trigger of the quarterlord setup on the tripod. We had him quartering at us at 498 yards, and junior put an Ace right through his lungs. He ran about 50 yards, and was going down, but without hesitation, and diligent AF, junior hit him again just to make sure. @benson_the_spotter was there for moral support, and a little deer kissin I hugged junior, and told him I was proud of him, even if he’d a missed Id still be proud said I.

Congrats on the hunts.

Certainly is gaining interest in 25 cal rifles. Iv'e recently hearing people considering 25 creed and 25wsm builds.

Correct me if I'm wrong. Barrel twist taste aside, you're basically hunting with a 250 Savage improved, but not the Ackley 40* version.
    Sounds like I need to dust off my Remington Classic and see what the little fella will do with good bullets.

I'm gonna go back and read your blog again.

Nice shooting

Correct me if I'm wrong. Barrel twist taste aside, you're basically hunting with a 250 Savage improved, but not the Ackley 40* version.
    Sounds like I need to dust off my Remington Classic and see what the little fella will do with good bullets.

Nice shooting

I mean, yeah, but you need the fast twist to stabilize the good bullets. Chances are your Remington Classic has a 1-10" twist, which won't be enough.

Reactions: coldboremiracle
    I'm pretty sure you're correct on the twist.
    Makes me wonder if the 120's will stabilize. The Hornady books show loads for them, so yeah, I should try them.

I used IMR 4895 for years with that rifle and accuracy was decent at .7-.9 if I put it in an H-S stock.
    In the factory unbedded stock it was a 1.5" gun with an occasional nice group.

I sold the rifle in 2009 to help finance my divorce.
    In 2015 I was able to buy it back.

Anyway,
    Earlier this spring I made some cases from 22-250 and needed to fire form them. Wanting to save my dwindling supply of 4895, I decided to use some 4350 and some 100gr sierra boat tails.
    I'm here to tell you that 4350 works like a champ for this little cartridge. For the first time, the gun shot multiple 1/2" groups with the factory stock.
    Woo, hoo!!

I'll be taking my stepson out west in two years for deer or antelope and now you've got me thinking about building a 25 Creed for him to use.
    It's gonna be a fun ride prepping for it.

The 120's would probably stabilize. I'd look into the Hornady 110 gr ELD-X too. They're not too ballistically far behind stuff like 6.5 Creed and they'll be even more stable. I think they're what I'll be buying to put through my barrel first, before the Blackjack's touch the bore. Best of luck to you, hope she shoots well!

Nice shooting
    Ya, you’ll need a tighter twist. I believe they recommend an 8 twist minimum.

My cousin and I took another elk yesterday morning, ended up using my 25 creedmoor. I dont like shooting mature cows after they get “with child”, cause it means killing a cow, and next years calf. So we shoot this years calf whenever we can. 325 yards, with the Blackjack Ace 131 grain.
    8wmbkl.jpg

2rq0vhg.jpg

b66hi8.jpg

Reactions: DJL2
    I never have warmed up to the 25cal but I'm building my neice a 25-06 and she swears by them. She has never shot an animal more than once!

Reactions: coldboremiracle
    Bump for the guy asking bout “hunting bullets” ?

Attachments

• 5176CF0C-6626-4920-A93A-E226246A2091.gif
      5176CF0C-6626-4920-A93A-E226246A2091.gif
      2.3 MB · Views: 152