• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

hurricane what?

"Isaias"? Spanish/Portuguese form of "Isaiah". Which comes from Hebrew "Yesha'yahu", or "YHWH is salvation", which has some kind of irony that it's a bloody hurricane.

I dunno how people are pronouncing it on the news; I call it "Oh fuck no don't even think about it, Nature."

Reactions: MCSO1357
Believe it or not there was an actual consensus of international meteorologists to change the naming practice to reflect a more international representation. Also, they abandoned the practice of using only female names, and they now alternate named storms male/female as they occur. I can’t wait to see what happens when they get super “woke” and start into the gender identity thing. 🤣

Believe it or not there was an actual consensus of international meteorologists to change the naming practice to reflect a more international representation. Also, they abandoned the practice of using only female names, and they now alternate named storms male/female as they occur. I can’t wait to see what happens when they get super “woke” and start into the gender identity thing. 🤣
Every storm will be named 'Pat,' or 'Chris', or 'Francis', or maybe 'Sam'. Then they will have to publish the storm's preferred Pronouns so we don't offend anyone. I think we all know what it means if we see a rainbow. Please don't tell me I have to explain that one.

• Haha
Reactions: rhsc
Forbid we just call it Hurricane 1-2020, Hurricane 2-2020, Hurricane 3-2020, .........Hurricane 5-2021.....Hurricane 12-2035. Then we can be gender neutral with the 1,2,3,4 ...number and year. :) Of course, Joe Biden would think that was 2 hurricanes seasons or would it be decades I guess, which would mean it is or isn't coming...I've confused myself.

"Isaias"? Spanish/Portuguese form of "Isaiah". Which comes from Hebrew "Yesha'yahu", or "YHWH is salvation", which has some kind of irony that it's a bloody hurricane.

I dunno how people are pronouncing it on the news; I call it "Oh fuck no don't even think about it, Nature."

I reckon its alright to WRITE it but for crying out loud if you pronounce the holy name of God aloud we'll have to cut out your tongue and stone your ass to death.

I reckon its alright to WRITE it but for crying out loud if you pronounce the holy name of God aloud we'll have to cut out your tongue and stone your ass to death.

ODIN, MUTHAFU--

1596245271361.png

Fuck....fuckfuckfuckfuckfuuuuuuuck!
tenor (1).gif

You guys are so insensitive. This autonomous storm self identifies as a sand storm

• Haha
Reactions: deersniper
The morons are even naming snowstorms now. Personalize it and it’s scarier....

All designed to terrify the timid and the meek.

And make you watch more TV to find out if Hurricane “Rick”’is gonna kill ya!

Sirhr
Nah Hurricane Rick was back in 2009. It can't hurt us now.

Hurricane Morty, however...

Reactions: jphil108
The whole storm naming thing always seemed a bit odd, but it’s getting a little weird.
Winter snows get named instead of just calling it a blizzard. No body uses that term anymore on the weather channel.
Next I guess every cold front that blows into Texas will get to be special and get a name also. Sounds absurd but wouldn’t surprise me.
If it’s just about pandering and ratings just imagine giving hurricanes Jihadi sounding names and vast swaths of the Middle East trying to tune in pay per view party style amidst loud friendly neighborly chants.

I wonder if a Russian sounding hurricane name would boost Vodka sales in the impact area pre landfall hurricane parties.
Ivan was a storm name once but not many under 50 make that association. Needs to be a Nikolai or a Sergey. And yet most under 40 wouldn’t pick up on that.

Besides, the Hurricane party was so last century. The current fashion is for everyone to panic buy all the gas, food, plywood; then clog the highways in hysteria! Just ask any of the cool kids.

Rambling over.
It’s late, I’ve crammed to many hours in these last shifts and it’s showing.
Hopefully whatever the fuck it’s named hurricane doesn’t whack Florida to badly. Been enough shit for decent folks to deal with already to say the least.

The whole storm naming thing always seemed a bit odd, but it’s getting a little weird.
Winter snows get named instead of just calling it a blizzard. No body uses that term anymore on the weather channel.
Next I guess every cold front that blows into Texas will get to be special and get a name also. Sounds absurd but wouldn’t surprise me.
If it’s just about pandering and ratings just imagine giving hurricanes Jihadi sounding names and vast swaths of the Middle East trying to tune in pay per view party style amidst loud friendly neighborly chants.

I wonder if a Russian sounding hurricane name would boost Vodka sales in the impact area pre landfall hurricane parties.
Ivan was a storm name once but not many under 50 make that association. Needs to be a Nikolai or a Sergey. And yet most under 40 wouldn’t pick up on that.

Besides, the Hurricane party was so last century. The current fashion is for everyone to panic buy all the gas, food, plywood; then clog the highways in hysteria! Just ask any of the cool kids.

Rambling over.
It’s late, I’ve crammed to many hours in these last shifts and it’s showing.
Hopefully whatever the fuck it’s named hurricane doesn’t whack Florida to badly. Been enough shit for decent folks to deal with already to say the least.
It's all complete bullshit. It's done to make themselves look more important than they are. Science has become f'ing commercialized entertainment lowering itself to the lowest common denominator. The winter storm crap just pisses me off. Now, that we cannot just have something like Annette, Beatrice, Candy, Doug, Sam , Fred... is even more disturbing. Just call the damn things a HURRICANE. Like I said...give it a number.

I'm all for the cone of death plots, etc, etc...I like data. I don't need some jackass on TV telling me the waves a big (unless it's Stephanie Abrams...LOL). Tell me WHEN it's expected, WIND SPEEDS, TIDAL SURGE...that's all I need. Anybody thinking they're riding out a CAT 4 on a barrier island...well...deserves whatever they get. When I lived on coast, actually 70 ft above sea level in panhandle, I was worried about wind. Anything Cat 3 was going to get me out of town.

Reactions: niteshooter
Fuckin weather channel has done named this thing covidcaine!! Been in florida my whole life and have never seen such shit. Pressure coming up , storm moving slower clearly turning to the north east and the corona is killing everyone in the state. God help us all. And not a primer in sight

Reactions: lash
Maybe the big windy thingy will blow all the COVID away?

If I named them it would be Puppies Breath, Fluffy Kittens and positive stuff like that. :)

• Haha
Reactions: niteshooter
Just when you think you have heard all of the stupid things that are going on in the US -- this comes along.....Black hurricanes....
Well, it appears our African-American friends have found yet something else to be pissed about. A black congresswoman (this would be Sheila Jackson Lee, of Houston), reportedly complained that the names of hurricanes are all Caucasian sounding names. She would prefer some names that reflect African-American culture such as Chamiqua, Tanisha, Woeisha, Shaquille, and Jamal. I am NOT making this up!
She would also like the weather reports to be broadcast in 'language' that street people can understand because one of the problems that happened in New Orleans was, that black people couldn't understand the seriousness of the situation, due to the racially biased language of the weather report.
I guess if the weather person says that the winds are going to blow at 140+ MPH, that's too hard to understand
I can hear it now: A weatherman in New Orleans says...
Wazzup, mutha-fukkas! Hehr-i-cane Chamiqua be headin' fo' yo ass like Leroy on a rocket! Bitch be a category fo'! So, turn off dem chitlins, grab yo' chirren, leave yo crib, and head fo' de nearest FEMA office fo yo Free Shit.

Read More: Black hurricanes?? (WARNING, GRAPHIC LANGUAGE) | https://klaq.com/black-hurricanes/?utm_source=tsmclip&utm_medium=referral

Just when you think you have heard all of the stupid things that are going on in the US -- this comes along.....Black hurricanes....
Well, it appears our African-American friends have found yet something else to be pissed about. A black congresswoman (this would be Sheila Jackson Lee, of Houston), reportedly complained that the names of hurricanes are all Caucasian sounding names. She would prefer some names that reflect African-American culture such as Chamiqua, Tanisha, Woeisha, Shaquille, and Jamal. I am NOT making this up!
She would also like the weather reports to be broadcast in 'language' that street people can understand because one of the problems that happened in New Orleans was, that black people couldn't understand the seriousness of the situation, due to the racially biased language of the weather report.
I guess if the weather person says that the winds are going to blow at 140+ MPH, that's too hard to understand
I can hear it now: A weatherman in New Orleans says...
Wazzup, mutha-fukkas! Hehr-i-cane Chamiqua be headin' fo' yo ass like Leroy on a rocket! Bitch be a category fo'! So, turn off dem chitlins, grab yo' chirren, leave yo crib, and head fo' de nearest FEMA office fo yo Free Shit.

Read More: Black hurricanes?? (WARNING, GRAPHIC LANGUAGE) | https://klaq.com/black-hurricanes/?utm_source=tsmclip&utm_medium=referral

Not risking my blood pressure or brain rot from reading the link.
But, if a black named hurricane flattens my home and I file a claim with my insurance would that make me racist?
Since that hurricane was just exercising it’s 1st amendment the same way BLM does and just turning it’s life around.

Every storm will be named 'Pat,' or 'Chris', or 'Francis', or maybe 'Sam'. Then they will have to publish the storm's preferred Pronouns so we don't offend anyone. I think we all know what it means if we see a rainbow. Please don't tell me I have to explain that one.

Itispat.jpg

You guys don't know how to name a storm.

I would name it SHIT.

As in shit storm.

You could name them all shit.

You could also give them a first name.
Small, big, huge, biblical .