• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

hydro dip

riverratt

Private
Minuteman
Feb 6, 2014
wisconsin
has anyone on here tried hydro dipping or H2O printing them selfs? thinking about trying it for a side hobby.

i have a friend that did a couple guns with the kits you can get. they truned out pretty good. He is even doing some of his deer skull mounts. He said it was easier then he thought it would be. Only issue he had was on one of the bolt guns he did he had to sand some spots to get the bolt to close right.

ive seen some videos on youtube and it seems simple enough. i think the only problem some parts had was when the graphic adheres to the part it would streach and scew the picture a bit other than that seems like practice will get you what you want.

I just had a stock professionally dipped. He went through the entire process with me. There is a lot involved in making a lasting dip. I cannot imagine a home dip kit could even come close.

all the material looks to be fairly cheap. might try a home setup and practice on odds and ends. if you could get it down i think there would be intrest in it the possibilities are endless with it

I had my LM hydrodipped and know the guys so they have told me the steps and from what I gather a professionally dipped stock vs. a home done job is like a paint job on a car. You can and yes I have done some nationally award winning paint jobs in a home garrage but its a pain in the @$$. But either way I would love to hear some updates on this.

My guy paints the part after he's done with the prep work. The dips have some translucent areas, so in order to make the particular pattern look good he applies a color that helps the dip look better. He also uses automotive grade clear coat for extra durability.

Just pay a professional to do it... you will be better off in the long run!

I live in KS does anybody have recommendations to send it to ? Looking to get the highland krytek camo

Extremeshooters.com.

You can go with what they have or something custom. Very nice work. Bit of a turnaround because they are very busy.

I had my Tikka dipped in Highlander at Color and Camo Graphics in Quincy IL. The guys are great to deal with and do superb work.

That's good to know, I may have to check them out some day after work.

I'm partners in a camo dippin business and I would defiantly go with cerakote. It's much more durable than automotive grade paint.