• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Hyrodipping or painting your rifle stock?

Pyroducksx3

Private
Minuteman
May 16, 2011
Kitsap Co, WA
I have a mcm a-5 and am not really fond of the gap camo. I have found a hydrodipping company that will do multicam
smile.gif
how durable is this dipping compared to painting the stock? Thank you

Re: Hyrodipping or painting your rifle stock?

Dont know anything about the durability, but a buddy of mine is about to get his 700 hydro dipped in multicam. I'll let you know how that turns out.

If its just going to live in the safe and you occasionally take it to the range and set it on a shooting mat or bench, it will hold up just fine.

If your going to actually be using the gun in the field, it will scratch pretty easily. If your wanting "Durability" your better off with a coating for your stock, as for which one, take your pick.

You can always just paint it, if it scratches its easily fixed..........but that's not near as cool right?

Well this will definitely not be a safe queen, it will be used and I'm not all that gentile on my hunting stuff. My 12 gauge sx3 is camo and it holds up ok was wondering if this is the same. I suppose I could stay with the gap camo as it is color molded but yes nothing is quite as cool as that multicam
wink.gif