• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

I’ll just leave this here...

It's not just marketing. The SAAMI chamber and twist rate makes it possible for factory rifles to shoot factory low drag ammo and perform.

No 50 flavors of match chamber like the 308, and honestly no real need to play the "what freebore do I need for my custom reamer?".

It was a good plan executed at the right time. I dropped 260 for the 6.5cm purely for the ammo/barrel availability. Couldn't get 260 match ammo for even close to the same price, and it didn't shoot as good. Sometimes it's nice to not reload.

Ultimately it was one piece in the changes that made LR/PRS style shooting extremely popular and has contributed to the growth we've seen in the last 10-15 years in this game. Made match ammo, decent performance cartridge, in factory accurate guns available to more people for less money. For better or worse lol...

I like all of the calibers. Hell, I have a .30-06 and the cheater be all end all .270 Remington with Corlokt ammo. Lol. But the .223 bolt and the 6.5cm get shot the most. I haven’t shot the .30-06 in 15 years? And I’ve never shot the .270? (My parents hunting rifles)
It's not just marketing. The SAAMI chamber and twist rate makes it possible for factory rifles to shoot factory low drag ammo and perform.

No 50 flavors of match chamber like the 308, and honestly no real need to play the "what freebore do I need for my custom reamer?".

It was a good plan executed at the right time. I dropped 260 for the 6.5cm purely for the ammo/barrel availability. Couldn't get 260 match ammo for even close to the same price, and it didn't shoot as good. Sometimes it's nice to not reload.

Ultimately it was one piece in the changes that made LR/PRS style shooting extremely popular and has contributed to the growth we've seen in the last 10-15 years in this game. Made match ammo, decent performance cartridge, in factory accurate guns available to more people for less money. For better or worse lol...

Totally agree. I think my post was worded in a way that made it seem like 6.5CM was an insufficient cartridge. Entirely not the case. It is a solid performer through and through.

My problem has been with the way that it has been idolized by Hornady as this creation of theirs. They are an excellent company with some very good design work, but when the marketing team gets involved it makes some eyes roll.

Where you won’t see me draw “negative” attention is the PRC chamberings. I think Hornady did a stand-up job all-around with those cartridges.

Just my opinion on all of this though of course, and I would hope that every would develop their own independent of my rambling ?

The .260 Remington is just another Prime Example of how bad the current, (last 25 years), Remington sucks.

I mean, the twist rates weren’t even what was being used, never mind barrel lengths & projectiles.

Remington had the opportunity to do the right thing but instead left the door open for the 6.5 Creedmoor.

Had they followed the wildcatters of the late 1990s rather than what they did, the Creed would not exist.

But I digress.

Them someone would have needed a 260ai and we'd just be calling it that rather than the Creed.

Old man is lost in time. There is absolutely nothing that says bullet jump needs to be a specific amount. I've found some shoot great jammed, others as far as .120 off.

Reactions: hseII
Regarding the point about Remington's poor management- yesterday I visited their site to look at something, and found the design to be horrible- navigation and layout of their site must have been by conjured by zombies with A.D.D.

Regarding the point about Remington's poor management- yesterday I visited their site to look at something, and found the design to be horrible- navigation and layout of their site must have been by conjured by zombies with A.D.D.

Fudds gotta Fud.

• Haha
Reactions: AIAW
Fudds gotta Fud.

1573428943528.jpeg

My 308 cal rifles are evil?

Nice

That’s what Hornady would like for you to believe...

I quote: "From prairie dogs, to coyotes, deer and even elk, its versatility is legendary. This high-performance, match-accurate round features an excellent cartridge-to-chamber relationship and shoots well in all guns, regardless of price. Shooters worldwide can't get enough of the 6.5 Creedmoor - and we're pretty proud of it, too!

Gee, thanks for the technological marvel there Hornady. You sharpened the shoulder angle and altered throating. Color me impressed!

Well I am building two 300 PRC units. Not because of Hornady, because I spoke with Frank G at Bartlein and Dave Tooley about the history and design. Not that I have anything against Hornady. Or the 6.5 for that matter. I just love 308 cal. Was shooting my 308 win today. Can’t complain the all around performance of a 308 win.

One day I’ll step into the 260, 6mm or 6.5 arena.

Nice. I am planning on some PRC stuff. I think it’s a substantial improvement over comparable chambering offerings with improvements worth it’s publicity.

Just my own opinion on that.

Reactions: Dpp
I assembled my first 6.5 CM about two years after the cartridge came out. I've put 3 more together since then,and have never had a single piece of brass not go fully into the chamber. Hornady brass always sucked,and still does,but it always fit in my chambers.

That old man just got an out of spec reamer,and is blaming it on everyone else for causing him problems.

I wonder if the .308 Norma and .220 Swift guys bitched about the .300 Win Mag and .22-250 the same way the .260 Rem guys bitch about the Creedmoor?

I wonder if the .308 Norma and .220 Swift guys bitched about the .300 Win Mag and .22-250 the same way the .260 Rem guys bitch about the Creedmoor?

I’m a 260 guy and I think 6.5CM was a blessing!
It breathed new life into the 260 and the long distance shooting products in general.

Brass, powder, factory loads and bullet options are WAAAAAAAY better than when when I started shooting 260.

I'll be completely honest with you... I saw the barrel chambering video and kinda thought "wtf?", but what he's doing is really no different than what LRI does, might even be better. It's down to the theoretical level as far as "better" so take that for what it's worth...

I've seen barrels indicated in essentially 3-4 different ways and all of them shoot, and none of them gave baffle strikes on cans... The more I see and do, the less I think matters. Maybe in a BR/F-class world, but to get a solid 1/2 MOA rifle it doesn't take as much as a guy might think.

Reactions: Steel head
It might shoot but that does not look like a shop where $2k-$3k rifles come out of lol.

It might shoot but that does not look like a shop where $2k-$3k rifles come out of lol.
The guy who chambered my .50 BMG has made many, many rifles that have set world records in 1000 yard benchrest. His shop is in the first floor of his house and does not look at all high tech. Be careful judging things by appearances, especially when you are dealing with what is fundamentally pretty old technology.

Reactions: hseII and Ledzep
I get it but it still makes me cringe. Lots of options today though.

For some reason I have a hard time with someone who labels themselves THE REAL GUNSMITH.....every other Smith must be a hobbiest.

Reactions: hseII