• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

I’m throwing myself onto the eternal pyre of the poors prefered optic.

nagantguy

Major Hide Member
Minuteman
Aug 28, 2020
I know many here don’t like Vortex optics and the counter to their outstanding customer service is “well your gonna need it when you buy shit”

We all bitch when we have a product go sideways and bitch even more when the company won’t stand behind it . I had a very early 1-6 strike Eagle. Had it for years - almost since they hit the market- it’s an okay optic . It spent a long time on various .450 Bushmaster platforms and then found a permanent home on a Franken DPMS style .308. Getting that rifle running well is actually how I found this place - and it runs well and is pretty accurate and has become our do it all rifle.
Well accuracy suddenly fell off and I narrowed it down to the optic by putting it on another rifle of known accuracy. So with a call Vortex sent me a shipping label. Just a few days later I was notified that there were 3 issues with the scope . And they sent a brand new replacement- what I had was now referred to as a gen1. What I got back is the newest model. Guess gen3 . It is a far superior optic with much better /more useful reticle.
No bullshit - quick turn around and free shipping both ways with an upgrade on the replacement model. I was pleased and it’s good to see a company stand by their lifetime warranty with no pain and or bullshit on the user end . I have other vortex optics - some of a higher end than the strike Eagle line . Think they offer value for the dollars . I’m a sometimes poor- farming and construction are boom bust type industries and some years a Vortex scope is what’s in the budget and they’ve served us well.
Okay flame on for all the haters out there 😚just wanted to relay my experience.

Hard to argue with good customer service. I've been talking shit about the brand for years, but a few months back a buddy offered me a good deal on a used razor that I slapped on my prs rig. It is spectacular. I had previously owned several of their cheaper models of scopes and did not like them at all. That razor line is awesome. Oh, and I love my fury 5000 rangefinding binos. They deserve some heat for some of the cheap Chinese and Phillipine junk they've put on the shelf over the years, but they are capable of making some pretty good products as well.

Reactions: 338dude
Vortex, top notch performance at a medium price point. Perhaps not the best choice for your sheep rifle but good enough for most uses and leaves thousands in the bank compared to the absolute elite optics.

They do have great customer service.

The couple times I used them I couldn’t have asked for better

I also like Vortex optics. I have also learned to keep my mouth shut around here just avoid more rounds of horrible insults and "go be poor somewhere else." I came to learn, the abuse I can do without, if possible.

And yes, they have the warranty that is the industry standard. One one of my scopes, I lost the rev stop ring at a range. I contacted them and was willing to pay for a replacement. They sent me one free and fast.

They have at least one podcast episode where they talk about some of the odd warranty replacements they have had to make. I will say this, I have not had a failure of equipment or needed warranty because of a mechanical problem.

But I can imagine others have had problems. Any company will have defectives. If you, as a company, did not ship out a defective product today, it is because the doors were closed and you took the day off.

They have performed well. In another thread, I noticed a lack of histrionics and fecal tornado when I mentioned that the new world record longest shot was 4.4 miles, using the new Razor Gen III 6-36X56. Not bad for a "shit" optic.

But some of their cheap stuff might be okay but I try to buy as much optic as I can afford. I do agree with Ryan Muckenhirn that you should, if possible, concentrate not so much on features as on glass quality. Believe it or not, his hunting rifles all have 2.5-10s on them. Lots of light and FoV.