• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

I am gonna be a Daddy!!UPDATE!!!

browningboy84

Minuteman
May 7, 2009
Georgia
Well yall,

My wife and I found out last weekend that we are expecting our first child. She is due sometime near the end of October, and I made good timing buying my gun safe right before we found this out. I am glad that I will finish up nursing school in December, cause I was worried that I was not gonna be able to afford my gun habit any longer.
grin.gif
I just hope it is gonna be a boy. If it is a girl, I will dread life in about 10-15 years. Just thought I would share this with yall. It is a happy surprise for us, even though it was an "accident".

Re: I am gonna be a Daddy!!!!!

Congrats! I have one not "Accident" and two that were. Kids are great and life changers to say the least.

Thats awesome man. I was in the same boat as you hoping for a boy but in the end all I cared about was that it was healthy

congrats, my wife and I had our first in Dec. It really changes things.

Just wait until the nervousness sets in wondering if you are prepared for it.

Congratulations! Just hope for good health, boy or girl. I was wanting a boy, got a girl, and actually think she is easier to raise than a boy. Girls don't want to disappoint their fathers...for the most part.

Kelly

Congratulations to you and your wife man. My wife and I are expecting our daughter in April. It may have been unexpected but when your baby get here you will never consider it an "accident". Children will definately make you look at life alot different as this will be my second.

Congrats your life is going to change forever. My daughter is 2years old now and is the light of my life. Congrats again !!!

I hear ya man. The wife came down and informed me after the Super Bowl. Talk about a short lived celebration. Went to bed early that night. Only bad thing is here in WA, we get one week for modern deer. Well, she is due smack dab on the Wednesday of that week......

Congrats on the little one on the way.

Congrats! Waiting on my second one due this April. Two girls! Maybe one will go with me to the range and take up my hobbie. Hope you have all your toys b/ the wife will give you a hard time after baby comes!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: redneck medic</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Well yall,

"accident". </div></div>

Congrats and welcome to father hood. we all pray he/she will be a good shooting partner. By the way, in my opinion there are no accidents only negligent disscharges, however this one seemed to hit the bulllseye.

Congrats. start saving on cigar money.

Congrats, you should start practicing staying up all day and night now, might make it easier when the baby gets here.
grin.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sst04</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Congrats, you should start practicing staying up all day and night now, might make it easier when the baby gets here.
grin.gif
</div></div>

SST04,
I already have plenty of practice on that already. So does my wife. We are both paramedics, so the staying up all night part won't be too hard. Studying with a crying baby will be the fun part. I work 2 jobs, and am finishing up nursing school. I am so glad I started back to school when I did. I have delivered 3 children in my career so far, but I am still very nervous already. I just put it in the back of my mind, and will deal with the nerves when I have to. Thanks for all the tips, humor and support thus far. She goes for her first ultrsound in 11 days. I will let yall know if anything changes.

Congrats,children are great.You are also about to enter into a very successful career.Good Luck with the new baby and new job! Pete

Absolutely -wrong- about girl vs boy. girls just have to find their identity. If you let them, they might turn into a slutty, tramp stamped stripper. You have to raise them right just like boys.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: redneck medic</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Well yall,
I just hope it is gonna be a boy. If it is a girl, I will dread life in about 10-15 years. Just thought I would share this with yall. It is a happy surprise for us, even though it was an "accident". </div></div>

my first was a girl and second a boy, i love my daughter to death, its really a matter of finding that happy medium where you give them enough freedom to figure shit out but not get in too much trouble, if you lock them up they will go NUTS when you let them out.

Congrats to you both! I have one due here in a few months, good luck.

UPDATE:

It is a boy, everything is going fine. Mother and Redneck Medic Jr are both doing ok. Momma is still working full time on the ambulance at 32 weeks pregnant. We are all ready for the little fella. Wife has been very accomodating. We set the nursery up with a firefighter theme. (THANK GOD FOR THAT!!!!!!!)

15 Years ago I said the same thing, only it seems like yesterday.

I'm happy for ya!

In three years I will be buying a $600 bottle of bourbon to celebrate my daughters 18th birthday....(and stopping of child support payments)....everyone here will be welcome..

Make it work dude, gonna be some tough times, and some good times. You will need the patience of a sniper at times...late night ER trips for high fever when you've already worked 20 hours....

congratulations...

its the best thing that happens to us...

waite till you see this shit...