• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

I am new here, and interested in a Tube gun

Tomas204

Private
Minuteman
Apr 9, 2013
I am on vacation with my son's in So Cal, so we stopped by Competition Machine, and looked at his fine pieces of art work, that hold an action. I was pleasintly surprised to meet Gary Elliseo a super nice guy very helpful and nice, and I will for sure be getting one of his chassis' I saw some of the product and the are beautiful. Props to Gary what a great man for our sport Thank you Gary

Gary has been very nice and informative the times I have talked to him. I have a RTS chassis on order with him and can't wait to get it. I have a Defiance Mutant action and Bartlein 6.5 8 twist Modified Whitley Palma barrel ready to go. Should be an interesting little 6.5 Creedmoor!

image.jpgimage.jpg

Good choice with the Tube gun, I think you will really enjoy it.

I have been very happy with mine and the service received from Gary. A second one is on order, should be ready anytime now.

Just got a RTM here in 6.5-284, It has a 7-8lb barrel on it and weighs 15lbs, great for target shooting but a lil heavy for most hunting (Its getting a lighter barrel soon). I think If a guy did a short action on the slightly lighter RTS Chassis with a senduro (or lighter) contour a guy could have a nice weight rifle. Love the adjustments! Ps. check out the Defiance Mutant like Patrick has in his! Probably the sweetest action you could do in a tube gun!

Just got a RTM here in 6.5-284, It has a 7-8lb barrel on it and weighs 15lbs, great for target shooting but a lil heavy for most hunting (Its getting a lighter barrel soon). I think If a guy did a short action on the slightly lighter RTS Chassis with a senduro (or lighter) contour a guy could have a nice weight rifle. Love the adjustments! Ps. check out the Defiance Mutant like Patrick has in his! Probably the sweetest action you could do in a tube gun!

Absolutely right yotehunter, Proof Research 24" Carbon/Bartlein with Mutant action in mine. It's extremely accurate and action works perfect from AW and AI mags.

I am on vacation with my son's in So Cal, so we stopped by Competition Machine, and looked at his fine pieces of art work, that hold an action. I was pleasintly surprised to meet Gary Elliseo a super nice guy very helpful and nice, and I will for sure be getting one of his chassis' I saw some of the product and the are beautiful. Props to Gary what a great man for our sport Thank you Gary

Tomas.....I know there are several great shops out there that do outstanding work, I went with Proof Research and have nothing but great things to report. Rifle, customer service and delivery date follow through were all top notch. I have been burned by other "Custom Shops" and now only work with a select few, not because I'm some kind of stuck up ass hole, it’s because I want the job done right the first time and know that if I have any legit issues down the road they will be dealt with without question! Customer service is just as important to me as the quality of the gun.
(Proof Research, D&L Sports and Black Ops Precision) have all shown that they can produce expert level products and back that up with great customer service. Now before anybody jumps my shit, I know damn well there are other names out there that are just as good, these are just the ones I have dealt with and can therefore recommend.

I own two of his chassis, an RTS and an RTM. I am a big believer in them. They take the bedding and hassle out of the equation, and just plain shoot. Very stable, very accurate. One is in 6.5 SLR and the other is in 284 Win. Go with a medium Palma barrel contour. I have HV contours, and will switch to Med Palma on my next barrels.

Great chassis!