• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Training Courses I attended a no name class...

View attachment 7261511
His bio literally claims that his entire career has been formal instructor positions. ??‍♀️

EDIT: Removed my personal ramblings lol

Doesn’t look like a SS. Fast company are like the POGs if the infantry. They’re grunts but nobody else likes them. Closest relative training he has in a DM course, which use to be taught by MTU, and usually a SS.
However the handout is not remotely how the DM course is conducted. That’s all that dude.

Reactions: JeffLebowski
BE967CD2-0FB0-4C9F-AFC9-DA555B70E543.jpeg

the saddest part is the other guys left there thinking that they learned something, I have to deal with this all the time at work. Guys come in repeating junk "knowledge" that they hold as gospel because some guy that said he was a sniper told them it was true. It's twice as hard to get them to convert over to the right way of doing things and half of them still won't believe me because I'm not in the military and never was a sniper so what do I know.

As frustrating as that may be, that's their problem and not yours. Some people are happy to live in an alternate reality where things are much better then they really are.

You get what you pay for. There's some really good training and facilities available, but for a lot of people that means traveling. Rifles Only is my default suggestion, but K&M does an excellent job as well from my personal experience.

I like the barricade technique demonstrated on their website - resting the barrel right on the barricade:

View attachment 7261996

Jacob has been known to make guys shoot with their barrel resting in a piece of wire.

Obviously one is out of necessity and this guy is definitely not aware of what’s going on.

I like the barricade technique demonstrated on their website - resting the barrel right on the barricade:

View attachment 7261996

Not to mention he should be using a reverse kneeling. Unless he’s trying to limit body exposure over that small piece of barricade. But when your head is exposed, I’d rather expose my knee cap for a better/faster shot.

Reactions: kthomas
Jacob has been known to make guys shoot with their barrel resting in a piece of wire.

Obviously one is out of necessity and this guy is definitely not aware of what’s going on.

I like it when Jacob does stuff like that, he definitely makes people "explore" certain aspects of precision rifle shooting that you don't see elsewhere.

I agree with you, in this case this guy just doesn't really have a clue.

I’ve heard very similar stories from less than reputable, or unknown training entities. Thankfully for him you were a sport about it.

Reactions: Austinjunks
Doesn’t look like a SS. Fast company are like the POGs if the infantry. They’re grunts but nobody else likes them. Closest relative training he has in a DM course, which use to be taught by MTU, and usually a SS.
However the handout is not remotely how the DM course is conducted. That’s all that dude.

Dude you better RESPECT security forces!

I'm just kidding. I was even worse... at 8th & I before going to the fleet... lol.

So what’s the water line on acceptable class cost? I recently paid $180 for a 1 day positional course at a range with an informative class in an actual classroom on site, tablets that marked and numbered your shots on the square range (witchcraft), and a knowledgeable instructor. My only bitch was we didn’t shoot at all over 500y on a range that goes to 1200, but it was advertised as a positional class.
1 day movers course at Rifles Only is $120. 1 day alternate position course is $100. I’d use that as a guide...

Finally got a response. Now the half hearted class for a few bucks makes sense.

Well, that sucks, and I wouldn't wish it on anyone. But, yeah... a firearms class needs the undivided attention of the instructor. Perhaps he should HIRE one (and charge a good price for a good class).

I want to see him succeed.

Hopefully he gets some infrastructure - a classroom - and can produce some materials to help the students.

Prices will rise but he will get better reviews and return customers.

This looks like a job to send @Dirty D to!

Instructing isn't easy, even if you know the material front to back. It's getting that material, into the heads of people who don't understand the concepts and having them be able to use it further than memorizing shit, thats the tricky part.

With that said, that class handout is giving me an anuerysm. I think whoever put that together is under the impression that old school math and doing calculations while shooting are perfectly fine. Then there's obvious shit missing like, we'll tell you how to calculate muzzle velocity in shorter barrels (lol what?) yet when describing wind holds, lets not even remotely mention half value winds or how to adjust for them (and its not take half of a full value wind!). Let's also confuse the fuck out of people with exterior ballistics by giving an example showing a guy standing in the fucking air.

I get its a basic course, but they key to that is give them something to build off of as well as a little bit of 'figure it out' homework. Then again, $50 doesn't buy a good bottle of rye, so there's that.

Shit, I could put together a much more streamlined beginners course in like 10 minutes to where they'd show up to a follow up course having put together their own range cards and were prepared to tell me what they were going to do to adjust/confirm zero, and why?

So do they rank above, or below reservists?
See that’s a tough one. You’re trying to compare two things that are both equally worthless yet have egos bigger than SEALs after signing their fifth book deal within thirty minutes of getting their trident.

Gun to my head, I’d say FAST is better, but only because they play make-believe full time, rather than once a month. Even then, I’d also contemplate just taking the bullet to avoid admitting that. ?

Not to mention he should be using a reverse kneeling. Unless he’s trying to limit body exposure over that small piece of barricade. But when your head is exposed, I’d rather expose my knee cap for a better/faster shot.

I just googled “reverse kneeling shooting position” I’ve got a whole new thing to practice. Thank you.

I literally learned more in this thread the the OP did at his class.

Please give his info. I will gladly drive down from NC and attend this. I’ll be the ideal fudd and pretend to eat up everything he says. I have the perfect rifle to use.