• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes I can see my house from here ( March scope )

Re: I can see my hose from here ( March scope )

You better be able to see your hose.

Or do you mean hoes? Either way, 80x is sick.

Yeah they had this scope out for viewing at the 2011 Shot Show.. the 80 power scope was definitely a hit there....

A pimps best tool to make sho the hoes be turnin tricks..

Spot ur own hits at 1k...amazing.

Its just money!

ha.

Would be cool to have this or a spotting scope with a built in recorder that you can use a simple playback on.

What kills me is that you still get 60 moa of elevation in 1/8 moa increments, wow!

Impressive magnification, and even more impressive camera control!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: R.O.U.S.</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Impressive magnification, and even more impressive camera control! </div></div>
Yep the camera work was done by the current world bench rest champion. He has a steady hand.

Last time I got sent two March hunting scopes to try and pick one I ended buying both of them.
I have to dump off my 5-25 S&B first.
We are about $1.00 AUD to $ !.04 USD ATM.

Wonder how sensitive eye position is at 80x.....

That's crazy stuff, but cool.

Guys,
I finally got my 8x-80x56mm mounted on my 6.5-55 GWI F-Class rig and shot it this weekend. At a thousand yards this scope is amazing! With the ability to shoot at 80x all day, I shot some of my best scores ever! You can resolve a 2" number or letter at a thousand! I was extremely impressed. At 80 power the exit pupil is .08 mm which is only .01mm larger than the pupil of a human. It is a critical eyebox, but that is what makes this scope amazing for high end competition. You are always on the rifle the same way to use the scope!
These retail at $3050-$3400 depending on the configuration chosen. For the largest power range of a zoom scope on the market, it is not a bad price point!
This March scope is definitely not for lowlight at 80x, it is completely useable up to 50x-60x in lowlight condition. I have shot at 1 am on 40x before and they work pretty slick with the illumination!
Any questions, please feel free to ask!
-Ian Kelbly
Kelbly's Inc.

Ian,
I like the March scopes but their reticle selections are a little plain. Do they have any plans to say put Horus reticles or design something similar to the XR2 or Gap reticles?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Ian A. Kelbly</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Guys,
I finally got my 8x-80x56mm mounted on my 6.5-55 GWI F-Class rig and shot it this weekend. At a thousand yards this scope is amazing! With the ability to shoot at 80x all day, I shot some of my best scores ever! You can resolve a 2" number or letter at a thousand! I was extremely impressed. At 80 power the exit pupil is .08 mm which is only .01mm larger than the pupil of a human. It is a critical eyebox, but that is what makes this scope amazing for high end competition. You are always on the rifle the same way to use the scope!
These retail at $3050-$3400 depending on the configuration chosen. For the largest power range of a zoom scope on the market, it is not a bad price point!
This March scope is definitely not for lowlight at 80x, it is completely useable up to 50x-60x in lowlight condition. I have shot at 1 am on 40x before and they work pretty slick with the illumination!
Any questions, please feel free to ask!
-Ian Kelbly
Kelbly's Inc. </div></div>

PM sent with a couple of questions.

Trevor

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Ian A. Kelbly</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Guys,
I finally got my 8x-80x56mm mounted on my 6.5-55 GWI F-Class rig and shot it this weekend. At a thousand yards this scope is amazing! With the ability to shoot at 80x all day, I shot some of my best scores ever! You can resolve a 2" number or letter at a thousand! I was extremely impressed. At 80 power the exit pupil is .08 mm which is only .01mm larger than the pupil of a human. It is a critical eyebox, but that is what makes this scope amazing for high end competition.</div></div>

Human pupil is about 7-8mm max , not 0.08mm. And it gets smaller with age. 56mm divided by 80 will make 0.7mm, so beam is about 1/10th of young mans pupil, perhaps 1/5th with aged eye and full power.

I tried 8-80 about year ago, and I was amazed. Brilliant design optically and very compact size. I found it quite easy to look thru in all magnifications- and eyebox was actually first thing I tried. Knowing numbers I was skeptic, but very positively surprised after trying it.
I think it was also same March scope with simple but genius zero stop system. No need for instruction videos with it.
They also have tactical line, but they weren't too tactical except name.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Captain Moroni</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Ian, the Lowlight treatment is not quite what you think. There is sometimes a lot of light, a bright blinding flash of light. </div></div>

And with much of the treatment, light only comes into play when trying to locate a scope that just took a dive off a 2 story tower.

Our gracious host on this board is the creator of the "Lowlight treatment". His unique background has made him an expert in the area of, shall we say, "destructive testing". If a scope can run his evil gauntlet and keep on ticking, it has passed the treatment.

On tactical (and many hunting scopes), a scope sustains a few nudges, bumps and "weather anomalies". Now, many of us here are current or retired military. The military teaches many great things and skills, including a disregard for gentle handling of one's equipment. A pack rated for say, 50 pounds, will be expected to hold 110 pounds. Or as much stuff as you can jam in there with all seams and the fabric remaining intact.

A scope? It is just another part of a rifle. Keep it clean and it should never fail.

A fall from 2 stories? Hah! That's only about 4G's.

The Lowlight Treatment is kind of like the Good Housekeeping Seal of Approval for scopes and firearms. Or like the UL approval. Not sure of he has a little stick on seal yet (actually, I think we should have SH design contest for that!), but many of us here look for the LL Seal of Approval before we buy.

Kind of like that line from <span style="font-style: italic"><span style="font-weight: bold">The Dirty Dozen</span></span> - "They're very pretty Colonel, but can they fight?"