• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

I can't log on with my old name????

Pat M.

Private
Minuteman
Jun 10, 2003
Pierre SD
Frank,
After you changed your form around I tried to sign in under my old name as Raptor99 and used my password but it kept kicking me out so I sent you an email and you sent me back one with a new user name and told me to pick a new password and I was then able to get on the sight but now it shows me as a new guy instead of having over 600 posts and my old name. What can I do to come back under Raptor99??? Thanks!!

I couldn't log on either until I finally figured out that I needed to click the link that it gives you when you can't remember your password. You name and temp password is sent to your email. Log on with that and then change them once you are logged in.

Completely operator error... And you should not have made a new account. Stupid.

Its a simple fix, you can call a new password I just checked your account is 100% fine you screwed up.

Why is it when I give someone their info they instantly get on, at least some are smart enough to admit up front they screwed it up, then fixing it is better than dealing with people who don't listen or pay attention to what we've been saying.

Frank, I went to your sight after it came back up and typed in my user name and my password like I have for years. Your sight kept kicking be out saying it was wrong. I am no computer jocky so if I scewed up I screwed up. But what the hell am I suppose to do when it "Won't" let me log on with the name and password I have used for 10 years. So tell me what I need to do to fix it and I will.

When I tried to use Raptor99 it told me the user name is already in use or does not meet administrators standards. If you are Raptor99 & have forgotten your password "Click here". So I did and I get your email saying my user name is now Pat M. so I log in with that and tried to change my user name to Raptor99 and then I get the SAME message again. Now what am I doing wrong???

Last edited:
I had the same issue of not being able to log in with my old password that I have been using since 2001. I was able to reset my password with the link provided and everything worked out fine.

Frank, since we are bitching about your new forum, I figured I would join the bandwagon.
Your name being in red was way cooler than the green it is in now. You just lost street cred.

Not bitching but it's not like I haven't done this before and I cant get my avatar to work. Maybe I need to call my friendly IT tech?
I know there will be bugs with the new software, just trying to make sure it's not my software (brain)???

I just went from a Senior member with almost 700 posts to a full member with 300 in about the last 30 minutes???

Frank, I am so sorry but I have no idea what an avatar is!! The only thing I know about an avatar is it was some big blue alien in a movie. I will just stay with Pat M. and start over. Like I said, I am computer iliterate and the only thing I do on one is surf the web. Sorry for any inconvenience and thaks for trying to help. I am back in and thats all that counts!!

It wouldn't let me log in either. I just had to click the forgot your password link and it emailed me a new password and all was fine. Well except for the next day when I lost about 1400 posts and was demoted! LOL.

I had the sme issue, couldn't log in under my old user name, so I clicked the forgot password, it gave me a temp password but changed my username, still shows I joined in 06 but post count went to 0. Not sure what or if I did something wrong?

User names did not change, that is simply impossible.

UBB used a User name & Display name seems many of you don't know the difference.

VB only uses one, a Username so you can only use this, and to be blunt, even with the old board you couldn't get that right. So while one should be easier, I've learned with many of you, not so.

If you do it correctly the entire system works as it should, but you have to know what you are asking it to remember.

I have a similar problem. My sign in name was JesseB but sometime later it would not work so I got a new name of JesseBB. I do not think my numbers of entries were combined but anyway I did do my thing to get to 101 or 102. Then this recent change happened and my entries were listed at 74 I believe. So I'm doing my thing again to get back up to 100. JesseBB