• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

I converted a gun hater to a gun owner last night

Ultraman550

Sergeant
Minuteman
Dec 8, 2011
Utah
It was my wife. Now I know what I did might be frowned upon but in my selfish opinion I thought it was necessary. Here it goes....

Wifey went out last night to take the dogs for a walk. We have Cavalier King Charles Spaniels so if any of you are wondering, a one legged blind kitten could kick their ass. Ok, back on topic. Wifey takes the dogs for a walk last night and I remind her to stay on the lighted paths and bring her mace. Of course I get the "its a lighted path honey, I'll be fine" comment and after a minute of arguing she leaves without it. I'm thinking to myself "Ok, bitch you wanna' keep playing this game with me fine, lets play". I let her leave and wait a few minutes. I run upstairs and put on everything black including my ski mask (no tactical gear). I then make my way outside and follow her to the <span style="text-decoration: underline"><span style="font-weight: bold">DIMLY </span>LIT</span> path. I keep a certain distance but I let her know there is someone behind her and I start walking faster towards her. She starts walking faster, I start walking faster. It gets to the point where I start jogging to reach her and she bursts out into a full on sprint and starts screaming, HAHAHAHAHAHAHA. I'm running at her with my arms reached out to grab her but purposely keeping a short amount of distance between us. She's SCREAMING now. We get to our block and she runs into our walkway, inside the house slamming the door. I run around back, hop the fence and make my way into the kitchen. She's screaming my name in the house and I grab her and say "whats the matter babe" (I know I'm a dick). Wifey goes into full detail about what happened and is in tears. She uttered the four words any man waits to hear his entire life from a woman he loves...."I want a gun".

Soooo this morning I make her breakfast and break the news to her that it was me last night. I was expecting her to do the Dim Mak or the Five Point Palm Exploding Heart Technique on me but shockingly enough she said "I learned my lesson and I still want a gun"

GUN OWNERS UNITE!!!! WE HAVE ANOTHER MEMBER!!!!

So any recommendations on a nice semi-auto for a woman?

Re: I converted a gun hater to a gun owner last night

Why didn't she mace your ass??? What the hell! Haha

Also, at least she ran, an screamed! Some women are too hesitant to even do that.

Hopefully this won't become a domestic dispute and you'll become a victim of your own success :0

Kidding aside, amazing how it's all academic until you actually need protection and the cops can't get there.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Trental</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Dude, you have huge balls!! </div></div>
We constantly screw with each other on a daily basis as we have a great relationship like that. I wouldn't have done it if I knew she'd be overly pissed at me.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Trental</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Why didn't she mace your ass??? What the hell! Haha </div></div>
the idiot left it at home, that's why I scared the shit out of her.

That's an awesome story!

My wife was a gun-hater. She's not a gun-lover yet, but at least she has turned the corner and become a little-open minded. She and I took a private class from a buddy of mine, with the main goal being to familiarize her with the firearms I own. I can now hand her an AR-15 and a 1911, and she can unload, check that they're empty, reload, and fire them.

But the best thing that happened was when we went to a local gun store to start the search for her own pistol. There a was a woman behind the counter a few years younger than my wife, and she took over. She explained about concealed carry and the questions to ask yourself about it. She told my wife that she had a young daughter, and if a bad guy was in the house and had her daughter, she would take the shot and risk hitting her daughter versus having some scumbag take her child. The lady at the store related to my wife in a way that I was completely incapable of.

On the way home, my wife told me to keep a pistol in the bedside table at night, because she realized keeping it in the closet was worthless if we needed to get to it quick.

Congrats on your conversion!

LOL. My wife would have killed me. Oh yeah she has a gun.

On a side note I took my brother to the gun range to teach him how to use his new glock. He wasn't an anti-gun guy, just never wanted to have one around. This President is the best gun salesman every to be able to get my brother togo out and buy a gun.

Oh, and about recommendations for a semi-auto for a women, I was advised to have my wife come back to the store and try out several pistols to see what she liked. Apparently, buying a firearm for a woman is as difficult as buying shoes for a woman...

I simply took mine shooting for her first time and while she's far from wanting one of her own, she's at least on our side now. You method would have earned a divorce lol.

I'm glad it worked out the way it did and that she didn't stomp on your HUGE balls.

My mom was never really interested in guns and never really shot. When she divorced and then was alone I decided she needed a gun and she agreed. Since she had no really experience I bought her a .38 5-shot revolver capable of handling +P ammo. The S&W Ladysmith and don't ask me to remember which model. It was quick and easy to teach her how to use it and she became proficient and accurate pretty quick with it.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Ultraman550</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I'm thinking to myself "Ok, bitch you wanna' keep playing this game with me fine, lets play". </div></div>

lol

that's...

F-ing...

awesome!

Oh yeah, I forgot to tell you boys that my wife is a lawyer.....Yeah I know, Ultraman you idiot, but luckily she's not suing me, LOL! I was thinking a .380 but with the S&W Shield 9mm, XD-s in .45 and now 9mm, Kahr PM9 (I think thats what it is) I'd rather her have the extra power. I'm sending her off to gun safety classes as well and most definitely putting a laser on whatever she buys.

This makes me think of another time we were with her law school buddies (more gun haters) and once again I was questioned about guns. If her friends weren't so goddamn fat and ugly I'd offer to take them shooting but not this herd. So I asked the question "if any kind of social or economic collapse occured and people started stealing what would you do?" they said "we would come to your house because it would be safer". WTF?!?!?!?! I fired right back and said "no way you're getting in my front door, you're on your own and if my wife disagrees you can have her". Seeing how shocked these self righteous yard apes got made me so hard my jeans almost ripped. Good lord I hate gun grabbers.

Good post, Uman.

Had a girlfriend who's late father was a cop. She was showing me his revolver one day and I asked her if she had ever fired it. She said no so I took her the the range. She loved it and now goes to a tuesday night ladies shoot.

That was great lol. Good job.

Be lucky your wife didn't wise up a day earlier without telling you and put a bullet in your chest. Now THAT would be a great post.

Youre lucky there wasnt a CCW holder on that path to cap your a$$!

Good that it worked out

Kahr CW9

She may still kill you, but I think it will have been worth it!

Oh yeah, do you still own dogs?
laugh.gif

It's really amazing how it takes something like this to teach an intelligent human being the value of life and using common sense to preserve it.

I let mine squeeze of a few rounds from my sons Barrett 50, she converted, loves guns and shooting......

My wife just converted after she saw that news report of that woman defending her kids in the attic. My wife is small, 4ft 10in. Petite little thing. I picker her up the Sig Sauer P238 with the nickel slide and wood grips. She absolutely loves it. Very accurate too. I like it so much, I may buy a second one just for me.

NICE Jig Stick!!! I've been talking about that incident with the woman and her kids to everybody I know. It's honestly the best type of evidence that proves a limitation on ammunition is a big mistake.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SniperCJ</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Youre lucky there wasnt a CCW holder on that path to cap your a$$!

Good that it worked out

Kahr CW9 </div></div>

you beat me to it.............

My wife was not to fond of guns when we first got married. So I have been slowly indoctrinating her to my gun ways. I constantly talk about them and gun politics. Then I got her dad and brother into guns, they each bought handguns. They I conned them and her mom in to all taking a CCW class. Then they they all bought more guns a few ARs and bolt guns and pistols. Then my wife decided she should take it too. Then I bought her, her very own XD9. It has a shiny silver slide. Girls like shiny stuff. Then a couple months ago when Magpul came out with the Pink MOE furniture I bought her her own Pink AR with an ACOG on it. She absolutely loves it.

No with the gun politics going on she has encourage me to buy more guns and more ammo. She is always asking me if we have enough. She keeps telling me after she has the baby she wants to take a handgun and rifle class to learn how to safely use her new tools. It excited the heck out of me she wants to take classes.

This thread and replies is inspiring. My wife supports my shooting "career", and seems to enjoy shooting from time to time herself. She has her own AR15 that we bought for her several months ago, but she is by no means asking me to take her out and shoot. Usually I drag her out and she is easily bored with it. I think I need to introduce some fun training tools to keep it exciting. Maybe spark her competitive side.

The local gunshop, a pretty fair size shop, has a young lady that works there. I may have a conversation with her and see if it might be a good idea to bring my wife in to talk with her about handgun choices. My wife isn't super fond of handguns but I think that might have to do more with the fact that she has only had the opportunity to shoot MY handguns.

I'm glad it all worked out and you didn't get yourself killed in the process. I will say, that being a woman, she may be carefully planning your demise. They don't forget shit like this. Best of luck.

"yard apes" I'm still laughing.

Glad it worked out...
Mine hated guns, could not undertand them, hated the noise, etc, etc.

Being pretty rural but not far from a more urban area some idiots wanted to use our pasture as a place to do a drug deal. The dealers wanted the drugs and the keep money so they started to cut up the buyers. Lots of noise, screaming etc and a 15-20 min wait for the sherrif to drive across the county.

Had I been there it wouldn't have been a problem. Now she understands the comment.... "its never a problem till its a problem"

Without a word to me she took a hand gun course, tried all sorts of guns, bought a S&W M&P compact 9 and just applied for her CCW. The reason I know this is she wanted to know if she should sign up for the NRA and wanted to know if 'We' are going to Sacramento with many others in support of gun rights this Sat.

After posting on facebook she has gotten 4 female friends aka 'gun haters' quietly asking her to take them shooting for the first time.

Nothing like a woman telling another woman guns are a useful tool. And maybe the trend will continue

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Trental</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Dude, you have huge balls!! </div></div>

Exactly what I was thinking. LOL Nice work. Sleep with one eye open.

That's taking a stand for guns when you risk being banned to the couch. Well played!

Quote from the wife this morning as she's perusing the gun ads to buy her first "protective carry weapon".....all keeping in mind the great advice you fellas have given.

Wife - "are you sure I don't need a .45? What about this Desert Eagle?"

Me - well that thing is a bit big to carry around and it not something you want to explain in court

Wife - "honey, if a man tries to harm me or my family I don't want a bullet to kiss him, I want it to feel like he was hit by a freight train and raped by a thousand men all at the same time"

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Ultraman550</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Quote from the wife this morning as she's perusing the gun ads to buy her first "protective carry weapon".....all keeping in mind the great advice you fellas have given.

Wife - "are you sure I don't need a .45? What about this Desert Eagle?"

Me - well that thing is a bit big to carry around and it not something you want to explain in court

Wife - "honey, if a man tries to harm me or my family I don't want a bullet to kiss him, I want it to feel like he was hit by a freight train and raped by a thousand men all at the same time"

My kind of gal....lol

</div></div>

Just about have the Mother in law converted...much easier to do once I got her daughter converted.

The thing that really got it going..I got the wife to come out and shoot trap with me a couple days. She would come out and watch before, but never shot.

I borrowed a friends stubby Perazzi single and had her shoot a couple birds. All of the sudden, she took a spark of interest.

It took a month or so to find a LH 870 Wingmaster and to get it shortened for her. Once she had that, she shot for about 2 months and one day looked at me and said"I want a Beretta like yours."
Well, we had a brief discussion about cost adn she came out with"I have some money saved up, I'm going to buy my shotgun."

It was GAME ON from there! We found a nice Citori and had it fitted...instant trap and 5 stand junkie! Inside of 2 months she had a CCW, Pistol, Rifle and was carrying EVERY DAY! I guess the moral of this story is to MAKE IT FUN!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Carter Mayfield</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Be lucky your wife didn't wise up a day earlier without telling you and put a bullet in your chest. Now THAT would be a great post. </div></div>

I was thinking the exact same thing!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: corey4</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Ultraman550</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I'm thinking to myself "Ok, bitch you wanna' keep playing this game with me fine, lets play". </div></div>

lol

that's...

F-ing...

awesome! </div></div>
Yeah when he made that statement I knew what his plans were.

LMAO, great conversion story. I definitely see more ladies at the range these days. I also see a lot of them shooting at 7 yards with really bad flinches. I would never tell any new shooter to have just one gun.

IMO, any beginner needs to start with a .22 and develop confidence and proficiency rather than being shocked and awed by how loud and how much recoil their gun has. A non-reloader can't get a better deal than rimfire on ammo. I probably wouldn't sell many guns in the LGS as I'd be telling them all to get a .22 and come back and see me when they can hit something with it.

thats so awesome. i shared your story on my local gun forum.

i got my wife started by having her shoot my .22LR M200 Cheytac conversion

<object width="425" height="350"> <param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Venbydf47wY"></param> <param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param> <embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Venbydf47wY" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"> </embed></object>

Glock 19 works pretty well. Get some good +P or +P+ ammo though. The right ammo can make a huge difference, and there is plenty of good research info about which ammo works best in that pistol.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: fngmike</div><div class="ubbcode-body">IMO, any beginner needs to start with a .22 and develop confidence and proficiency rather than being shocked and awed by how loud and how much recoil their gun has.</div></div>
I totally agree. My wife had no interest in guns. I went and got a Walther P22 and a suppressor and took her shooting. The small size, low recoil and fairly quiet shooting got her interested. Tried to teach her, but a spouse is not the best one to do this. Then I saw her following bad habits from someone else. Then I said that's enough, and sent her to a half day training class with a professional who she will listen to. Well that was the best investment ever.

I saw her shoot really well after that and gained much more interest. Even had competitions with friends and she won. Then we both took a day class together which was great bonding times. I have not pushed her to shoot anything other than that P22. But lately she asked if she could shoot the Glock 19 and my new 26. She did well and she is slowly graduating to other calibers. I also got her shooting my bolt action 22 training rifle. She is doing pretty well with that. Can’t wait for her to try the Surgeon .308! Now she is asking me to take her to shoot trap and skeet. If it was not for that little Walther P22, none of this would have happened.

Love the Story. Fortunately, I didn't need to resort to anything quite so interesting to get my wife to become an owner. She had dated a guy many years ago who taught her a little about shooting handguns, including a 44 mag. So, when I started hunting and took up long range shooting, she wanted to play too.

It took quite a bit to actually get her to shoot the 20 guage Mossberg 500 HomeDefender I bought her, but once she did, she said, "Oh, is that all?", and proceeded to empty the magazine.

I got her a S&W M&P15 for out anniversary last year, and she loves it. Now, I just have to get some rose colored accessories for it.

In my opinion, you probably should take your wife to a gun shop, especially if it is one that will allow you to rent handguns and try them, and have her pick out the gun that fits her hand well. Being able to try them would tell if she can handle the recoil well.

Mine runs a Springfield EMP loves it. Took her first class (a four day) with a compact 1911 in .45. She also claims one of the AR's in the safe is "hers." Thankfully this all came about pretty naturally but good on anyone who converts a hater. Keep up the good work guys.

thats funny chit right there