• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Photos I couldn't believe this one

Re: I couldn't believe this one

Badger USMC M40 rings, premier 3-15 (made within the last year)

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 11B-B4</div><div class="ubbcode-body">did the same thing to an SN3 once in iraq. I would wait to hear what caused it before defaming a good optic company. </div></div>

I'm with you on that, had the same thing happen in IRAQ in 90...but the M25 was dropped and hit the B/L 10x40 and broke off the windage knob.

So the big question is what hapened to the scope? accidents can happen and the scope will be covered and fixed but what does the OP have to say about the reason it broke just coming on here showing broken gear does not prove anything except that if you hit something hard enough it will brake regardless of who made it so say the rest of the story when you post a reputable piece of gear that has a problem and then let people decide or is it set up i am sure i could smash the knob of my premier and post it just to give bad publicity to a company i hope that this is not the case.

Not real. This shits been photoshopped
laugh.gif

There will be sleep lost over this by many if an explanation is given soon!!!
For the love of god man!, WTF HAPPENED?!?!?!

It's the new trend in optics, wireless parallax, windage and elevation adjustments.

Yep...real handy...you can get your spotter to adjust your parallax for you as well as really take control of wind calls. Ha.

I cringe everytime I see that pic and look at mine and realize its still in one piece. I would love to hear the story behind that breakage. I have never been too rough with my premier, but looking at the construction, I have to hear how that happened because the things are built like a tank.

I am amazed athe leve of cynicism I see, no wonder there are reminder posts to not flame the new guy. I couldn't think of a better reason to buy a Premier, S&B, Nightforce, etc. than those reasons posted....customer service. Buy it once, have it forever and replace it for free if anything happens.

So come on already, make with the explanation!

In before the story... finally...maybe... possibly...
JB Weld will fix just about anything.
I really want to know what happened.

Well I see you all have been busy while I was out house shopping today. As to what I know,

My buddy sent me this. He is in predeployment workups, getting ready to go back over there and do whatever it is he does, Ill try and find out more.

And don't worry a company rep has contacted me.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: mjk0352</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

</div></div>haha... No shit? I would go out of the way to contact you too if a random picture of my scope with a piece snapped off was posted on the Number one shooting site on the planet with no explanation of what happened while leaving people to draw their own conclusions for a day.

What the hell was the point of posting the picture when you don't even know what happened?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: redirt78</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: mjk0352</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

</div></div>haha... No shit? I would go out of the way to contact you too if a random picture of my scope with a piece snapped off was posted on the Number one shooting site on the planet with no explanation of what happened while leaving people to draw their own conclusions for a day.

What the hell was the point of posting the picture when you don't even know what happened? </div></div>

+ 1

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: mjk0352</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Well I see you all have been busy while I was out house shopping today. As to what I know,

My buddy sent me this. He is in predeployment workups, getting ready to go back over there and do whatever it is he does, Ill try and find out more.

</div></div>

You don't even know what happened and you thought it would be a good idea to post a picture of a busted product with no explanation. That's kinda f**ked. Borderline company bashing in my book.

How do you keep a shooting forum filled with "Type-A, gotta know right now so it makes sense" personalities in suspense?!

I'll find out and tell you later.....

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hollowpoint</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I can't believe I have to make the first "just go grab some duct tape" comment on this.</div></div>

5th comment on this thread Hallow, try reading first

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: DFOOSKING</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Nothing a little duct tape won't fix...</div></div>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SagebrushShooter</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: mjk0352</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Well I see you all have been busy while I was out house shopping today. As to what I know,

</div></div>

You don't even know what happened and you thought it would be a good idea to post a picture of a busted product with no explanation. That's kinda f**ked. <span style="color: #FF0000">Borderline </span>company bashing in my book. </div></div>

I'd say that border was well in the rearview mirror... shitty thing to do.

Anyone who is butt hurt about this needs a serious reality check. This is the internet. No one , and nothing is safe from scrutiny. I think it's hilarious that there are people on the edge of their seats, who can't stand to not know how this came about.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: MattK287</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Anyone who is butt hurt about this needs a serious reality check. This is the internet. No one , and nothing is safe from scrutiny. <span style="color: #FF0000">I think it's hilarious that there are people on the edge of their seats, who can't stand to not know how this came about. </span> </div></div>

well we think it's hilarious that you find it hilarious, so laugh away...
crazy.gif

Premier is a good scope. When Scott was a dealer, he had very few issues from clients he'd sold to. Alex at EuroOptics, Mike at CSTactical and others have no problem investing in inventory in them and representing them to their high-price clients. Not something they would do if the product didn't deliver on its promise.

The OP here is being a dick and clearly knows what effect this picture is having and is probably enjoying it.

Who cares?

Chances are, if you're this easily swayed from a purchasing decision then you're in the wrong sport and shopping at the wrong price point.

I'm not satisfied with the idea of paying $3500 for a 3-20 from S&B if they're not going to have at least the MSR reticle. For less money, I can get a higher end mag range and all the features with the benefit of the Gen2XR in a Premier 5-25.

The issue with Premier is that the brand and product became open game because Chris Thomas fucked off a lot (everyone) of people at one point or another on his way out of the company. He screwed up the people who invested in his scopes sight unseen by letting later paying customers get their scopes first and carried on from there.

Thomas has gone. The product is here, the guys at Optronika are here, Paul is here and I don't think anyone has a bad thing to say about them.

My next scope will be a Premier and I can afford to go with any of the brands out there.

mjk0352, thanks for sharing the picture. I am bummed for your buddy, as this will be a setback for him. I realize that there are a lot of folks who make their living marketing, selling and using these tools, and can see how some of them can get a little emotional when they can't achieve closure concerning this equipment trauma. I hope it all works out. I, for one, don't think you are being a dick.

I not sure if anyone who has posted on this thread earns their living selling Premier scopes.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: EventHorizon</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
I'd say that border was well in the rearview mirror... shitty thing to do. </div></div>

+1

PP out

a lower cost brand scope breaks and its cause its a piece of crap, a million dollar kool aid scope breaks and its "i pay for the customer service and warranty", hhhmmmmm interesting indeed

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: VAJayJayPunisher</div><div class="ubbcode-body">a lower cost brand scope breaks and its cause its a piece of crap, a million dollar kool aid scope breaks and its "i pay for the customer service and warranty", hhhmmmmm interesting indeed </div></div>

It's perhaps interesting if you've completely missed the point of people's posts or perhaps you've got something against the manufacturer.

It's why and how something broke that's of interest here. If a lower cost scope broke in the course of normal use then yes, piece of crap. Same if a high price scope broke in the same way.

The point here is no details are given.

I too own a Premier scope and agree that it is built like a tank! From my experience with the scope, I can't imagine this happending, short of hammering fence posts into the ground repeatedly with it. Unless this is the case, rest assured it will be taken care of by Premier. (and maybe even if this WAS the case)

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: VAJayJayPunisher</div><div class="ubbcode-body">a lower cost brand scope breaks and its cause its a piece of crap, a million dollar kool aid scope breaks and its "i pay for the customer service and warranty", hhhmmmmm interesting indeed </div></div>

VJJP, the screen name you chose implies something. The title the op chose for the picture he posted also implies something, but after 24 hrs. He says he does not know how the scope was broken and is surprised by the responses. I can see how you'd respect the shock and awe aspect, but I'm willing to bet you'd back your name up with more than, "I don't know".
You start shit like this, you better man-up and follow it through to the end. Not let others throw punches for you. Then again, I wouldn't post a picture like that without having more info beforehand, it is reckless, childish, and irresponsible.

whats the big deal here? everybody knows premier makes amazing scopes, this picture was posted just to make people say "holy crap". if you saw a Ferrari with a blown engine, would you automatically assume they make terrible cars? c'mon guys.

How about everybody stop bashing the OP for starters. It is a bit unfortunate that he posted the image here without further information, but the real problem is that most people see an image and jump right to whatever conclusion their preoccupation dictates, completely skipping the thinking process in between.

I PMed the OP right away after seeing the image, and apparently he got the image from a buddy in the USMC. Unfortunately the information when and why this happened seems to be lost since someone just pulled the gun out of a pelicase like this and snapped the pic, so we'll probably never learn what caused this. The OP didn't intend to cause a shitstorm here and was regretful that he did, so there's no reason to be so harsh. If you want to be harsh, be harsh on the people that jump to cunclusions without utilizing some common sense before.

Now for the technical side: Although I don't like the fact that this happened at all, I'm not really surprised by it either. The Marines are tough on their gear, and shit happens, especially when protecting your gear is not your first priority during use. I can imagine a couple scenarios where a turret takes a very sharp impact and could fail, either right away or after some time because it was damaged without the damage becoming immediately apparent. In that case, the information about what caused the damage is lost.

As an example, there have been cases reported here before where windage turrets of reputable brand scopes have been snapped off because they were placed in front of the corner of an obstacle so that the turret took the full recoil force, and there are reports of parallax knobs failing on other high end scopes in this thread. People need to learn and accept that there are limitations to the structural integrity of even the toughest scopes. These instruments will take a lot of abuse, but there are limitations, and an organisation like the USMC will likely run into these limitations every once in a while, firstly because they have a four-digit sample size and secondly because they don't buy scopes to admire on sunny days at the range. Of course every failure will be considered to possibly implement improvements in the future, but I've seen how the scopes tend to look that come back for servicing from the USMC, so I'm not going to loose sleep over a damaged scope as long as I know that the design itself is sound.

Disclaimer: I work on the design of these scopes and I don't believe in telling people fairy tales about the infallibility of any mechanical object that no serious designer and no serious user believes anyway. The customer has a right not to be treated like a complete moron.

David S. said:
How about everybody stop bashing the OP for starters. It is a bit unfortunate that he posted the image here without further information, but the real problem is that most people see an image and jump right to whatever conclusion their preoccupation dictates, completely skipping the thinking process in between.

Well said.

I think the scope was made by JO

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: EventHorizon</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Premier is a good scope. When Scott was a dealer, he had very few issues from clients he'd sold to. Alex at EuroOptics, Mike at CSTactical and others have no problem investing in inventory in them and representing them to their high-price clients. Not something they would do if the product didn't deliver on its promise.

The OP here is being a dick and clearly knows what effect this picture is having and is probably enjoying it.

Who cares?

Chances are, if you're this easily swayed from a purchasing decision then you're in the wrong sport and shopping at the wrong price point.

I'm not satisfied with the idea of paying $3500 for a 3-20 from S&B if they're not going to have at least the MSR reticle. For less money, I can get a higher end mag range and all the features with the benefit of the Gen2XR in a Premier 5-25.

The issue with Premier is that the brand and product became open game because Chris Thomas fucked off a lot (everyone) of people at one point or another on his way out of the company. He screwed up the people who invested in his scopes sight unseen by letting later paying customers get their scopes first and carried on from there.

Thomas has gone. The product is here, the guys at Optronika are here, Paul is here and I don't think anyone has a bad thing to say about them.

My next scope will be a Premier and I can afford to go with any of the brands out there. </div></div>

Thanks for your support. I don't think the OP has contacted me about a repair- if he reads this please PM me so we can get you fixed up.
Thanks,
Paul

still no answer on what caused this? or did i miss it when going through all the posts.

Like someone else said, this pic brings nightmares when i see it and i have to run and check on mine to make sure it is still together

Hi guys,
I spoke to the OP today and this was something that happened to a USMC weapon. I don't know if it had been dropped or beaten on or what.
The way the dial is held on is buy a large screw that is torqued to 30 in lbs and attached with blue loctite. If there had been a good hit on the knob it could have torn the threads out of the main tube, or there is also the possibility that the threads were not correctly degreased before being loctited and that of course is a manufacturing problem that I will have to address.
I have given my cell phone number to the OP and he will contact the person in charge and we will go through the proper channels to get the scope back and then I can take a look at it.
I am sorry it happened but this is only the second one I have seen so I reserve judgement until I have the scope in hand.

Plange - what kind of testing do you do on the scopes.
Maybe post up some videos of this in practice?
I know a lot of computer manufacturers do drop testing etc. of their laptops - motorbike helmets have to be put through CE certification etc etc

Every component of every scope will fail - that's a given. It would be interesting to know what kind of force does it take for the OP's issue to happen.

I hate reading the 'hammering fencepost' BS - for the kind of product you're selling people's lives can in many cases depend on it every bit as much as a bike helmet - but still all prospective purchasers have to go on is anecdotal evidence at best.

Not having a go at you Plange but the industry at large. PR are top of my list for my next scope purchase.