• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

I.D this pop-up front sight please

Gunnersmate

Private
Minuteman
Oct 23, 2023
Albuquerque
I was given a pop-up front sight for my rifle upper. There is a makers mark I cannot identify. The adjustable sight may be missing the spring loaded pin detente. I'm not sure it was every to have one? The hole is not stepped so the spring would be quite long if there is one. The other smaller hole does not line up with the notches in the front sight itself.
Who made this front sight? I need the owners manual or a parts breakdown to see if there was a spring detente.
Thanks for any helpful info.
sight1.jpg

sight2.jpg

sight3.jpg

sight4.jpg

sight5.jpg

Counterfeit probably made in China- made to look like Magpul.

Reactions: Simonsza1
That's a Magpul PTS MBUS front sight, it's made for airsoft, not real rifles. That hole is for a grub screw, not a detent and spring, the idea being that you remove or lower the set screw, make your adjustments, then raise the screw so it keeps the sight post in place. Fine for airsoft, not so much for real guns. If someone didn't know what they were looking at it'd be easy to get duped.

Reactions: msgriff
Looks like the Gen 1 Mapgpul MBUS. They didn't have a spring loaded detent. You adjusted it for elevation and then stuck a roll pin in the hole to line up with the applicable notch on the front sight post.

Last edited:
Reactions: Kadams1563
Thanks Merle I found using a magnifying lamp the hole was threaded. The hole was metric but very close to 4-40 which I chased out and screwed in a set screw. Now it will lock into place.
Image is out of focus,sorry.
front sight AR10.jpg

Reactions: Merle
Thanks Merle I found using a magnifying lamp the hole was threaded. The hole was metric but very close to 4-40 which I chased out and screwed in a set screw. Now it will lock into place.
Image is out of focus,sorry.
View attachment 8265837
Nice work, sir. I would caution you that those are fairly fragile, especially if it’s a Chinese knockoff as someone else mentioned. If you made it work for your application then you’re doing well.

if you use this as something that you may need to defend yourself with and you cant swing a better sight you can send me your address via pm and I will send you a metal rear sight. I have to look and see which ones I have but I know I have a few. it may be BCM troy or an ARMS, but it will be something that you can depend on long term. I'm not looking for any sort of compensation.