• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

I dislike you all but thank you.

tango6

Sergeant
Minuteman
Sep 28, 2009
IL
Actually I love you guys,I went out and bought the R700 5R, the local shop had it with the 20 inch threaded barrel for 1100.00, I will be picking it up on monday since they are closed on Sunday. and I actually dont dislike you all its just I did not know how nice of a rifle it was, I held every r700 they had and the 45r felt the best in my hands with the 20 inch barrel. I would like to say tank you for all the help and advice. what type of rail for scope mount should I get. what is the best, also how much can I sell the stock for? since i plan on getting a different stock.

Re: I dislike you all!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Congrats on a fine purchase! For bases, Badger Ordnance or Nightforce 20 or 25moa. Though I'm kind of a cheap bastard and I may end up with EGW or Weaver for a lot less.

Nice. I kind of wish I had gotten the 20 in. version. I can't wait to see if mine lives up to the reputation these things have. I am also not a huge fan of the stock and am considering getting a manners mini chassis and stock setup for mine.

I just installed Seekins 20 moa rail and low rings and they are very nice products.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jimster716</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> For bases, Badger Ordnance or Nightforce 20 or 25moa. </div></div>

Either one. Don't look back.

Congratulations on the rifle!

I run Badger and Seekins on my rifles and love both of their products. I'd tell you to save the money and go with a Seekins rail and a pair of their rings if you can find them in stock!

so I am looking for a Badger ordnance 20 moa base, and knob and I will use the rings and scope I have already, until I can get money for a good scope and rings, is there anywhere to buy badger from other than badger and midway?

I found this and do I want the second one down from the top? 20 moa?

http://badgerordnance.com/base/

Hide member heatseekins is the owner of Seekins Precision and is a vendor here. You can get parts through his website. You can get a lot of stuff from Triad Tactical who is a member/vendor who carries Badger parts. Stick with vendors of this site when you can, their names show up in yellow in threads and posts.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Tango 6</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I am also looking for the little bag that goes on the stock I think its made by eagle. thank you everyone.</div></div>

I'm not sure if Eagle is making stock packs anymore but Triad Tactical makes some nice ones.

http://www.triadtactical.com/Triad-Tactical-c-298/

Re: I dislike you all

thanks I did not know he was a member, so I I will do anything to help out members.Its hard to help out 2 message boards members. this one and ar15. I also wasnt sure about badger ordnance part I dont want to get the wrong one.

we don't like you much either but you are welcome
smile.gif

I come here for info on the long guns. thats why someone posted get the 5R and never look back, Once I saw it I said ahhhhhhhhhhh Damn and bought it. I wanted the sps tactical. I plan on now looking for and I am thinking about making my own data book, I found sone pages on google docs and I am trying to figure out if I should buy a small 3 ring binder and make one or buy one from triad, or impact data books. as for everything else my 1500 budget for the rifle it might work out. rifle 1100, base 150, bipod 100. so I am at 1350 if I use the optics I already have.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Triad</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Try not to take advise from barfcom if you can help it...... </div></div>

plenty of good advice over in the precision rifle forum over there.

Hell just stay out of GD and all the tech forums are great

to answer your question, you should be able to get 250-280.00 on your current stock. I have seen used HS Precision PST012's (the stock on the 5R Mil Spec) go for 250.00 quite often.

ETA - Seekins Precision is the heat for your rails, DBM's, rings, etc...that guy is great to deal with!

I usually stick with the ammo threads for the deals and the precision thread and check in, in the survival threads. I am reading on what to have in a back pack for a range bag. I am looking for a range finder, wind meter, Data book, spotting scope.and what ever else I need for the range/

I wish you were a little earlier I ordered the egw base for now until I can afford really good glass.

Re: I dislike you all but thank you.

Please post your opinion on the 5R after you get it up and running. I have talked myself out of buying one several times. I would be interested to know if it lived up to your expectations.

Re: I dislike you all but thank you.

Sure thing I will do a review on it but I do not have experience with any other bolt action rifle.