• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

I don't know about you guys

Tough Guy

Minuteman
Jul 14, 2006
A hole in the ground
I don't know about you guys but I'm getting damn tired of corporations wanting to sniff my shit every time I turn around. I already quit doing business with one company in this area who wants to scan my license anytime I buy from them. The only thing the following story doesn't admit to is tapping their free wifi you get to use so they can find out even more. These people, in my opinion are mentally disturbed to the highest degree. Read and see what you think...

http://www.nbcnews.com/travel/travelkit/what-your-hotel-knows-about-you-1B8007522

Re: I don't know about you guys

Kinda scares me. Not just because of what the hotels do but makes you wonder if they can do that, what can Mr. Biggie do? Did a google search and goddamn theres a photo of my home. Time to move.

Yeah, Cabela's is like that. Wanted my driver's license when I returned something. I was VERY adamanat that they would not have access to my driver's license. They're about 1 more aggravating incident from never getting my business.

This is why most of us use handles on the internet instead of real names. The internet can come back and bite you in the ass if you dumb enough to use your real name although this don't work for people who own a business and advertise on the net. You won't find me on FB under my real name. Always keep your six covered.

Does this mean upon my next check in I'll have a box of 5.56 green tips and a note saying "Your rifle misses you," laying next to a Cannibal Corpse CD? Sounds good to me. Maybe a P-MAG if I rent the grand suite.

Several stores obtain your name address and phone number or even just the phone number, in order to "track" sales from certain areas, or other demographics. Supposedly helps them adjust marketing to meet the demand and target areas for promotion. They also sell this data to telemarketers, and the data is available to others as well.
I think when I offer cash to a seller, that transaction is OVER. I don't give them my name address or any other data. I simply say, "This is a cash transaction, you don't need my personal data."
Radio Shack is one of the worst. Sears asks for it too.
there is NO way they can enforce collecting that data just say no.