• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

i finally got her

stang02

Private
Minuteman
Oct 30, 2012
san antonio tx
i ordered in late november 2012 and i just recieved this last week. jp psc -12 in .308 and topped off with the 4-16 pst ffp. just a beautiful rifle and the pic don't do justice for her. my first and probably last quality semi -auto. i managed to shoot a .5 in. 3 shot group prone and then stopped cuz dumb me was lying in some thorny grass.
IMG_1349.jpg

Re: i finally got her

Stunning.

Wait until you open her up and see just how well JPs are finished on the inside.

You're ruined.

Get one of these:

DSC_0141-1.jpg

DSC_0144.jpg

i did grab the JP bore guide. i just need to get me a quality single piece cleaning rod. any suggestions?

thanks for the suggestion will look into dewey. anyone with the jp know what kind of ammo they might suggest for accuracy. i don't reload and i've only shot fgmm 168. i can find some locally for like $45.00 bucks. i can't seem to keep my eyes off this rifle. i had heard good things about jp but seeing is believing. my brothers psc12 in fde should arrive sometime this week. i'm gonna put this rifle against my brothers larue predatar 7.62 and see what happens. i was waiting for a larue tobr 7.62 but after 8 months and no updates from them i just had to bail.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: stang02</div><div class="ubbcode-body">thanks for the suggestion will look into dewey. anyone with the jp know what kind of ammo they might suggest for accuracy. i don't reload and i've only shot fgmm 168. i can find some locally for like $45.00 bucks. i can't seem to keep my eyes off this rifle. i had heard good things about jp but seeing is believing. my brothers psc12 in fde should arrive sometime this week. i'm gonna put this rifle against my brothers larue predatar 7.62 and see what happens. i was waiting for a larue tobr 7.62 but after 8 months and no updates from them i just had to bail. </div></div>

Dude sick rifle! I have one as well. I got it back in June and still cant take my eyes off it. They really are works of art. Dead nuts accurate too. Unfortunately mine really likes likes the good stuff as far as ammo goes. Lol. FGMM 168 is mostly what I shoot. I want to try some 175gr's but really haven't been able to find any for a decent price since I got the rifle. I did try shooting some cheap Winchester. Its fine for hunting but not shooting groups. I also tried some of the steel case variety against my better judgement. It didn't like that shit at all. So far Ive found that the shit ammo that functions perfectly in a DPMS (albeit not very accurately) doesn't do as well in my JP. I chalk this up to the tolerances being so tight and the trigger being so light that it just doesn't handle low quality ammo all that well. But, every rifle is different. For me, the enjoyment I get out of shooting such a highly tuned rifle out ways the extra cost of feeding it the good stuff.

you can relate huh stinger. i've got some 175 fgmm that i'll try as soon as i can. mine likes the 168 fgmm. the 175 cost me $54.00 bucks for 20 rounds so i'm going to save that stuff after i clear an 825 yard sendero at my place. i'll be snipeing me some hogs this year. Nate that bipod happens to be a GG&G bipod. it cants left to right if needed. works well for me.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: stang02</div><div class="ubbcode-body">you can relate huh stinger. i've got some 175 fgmm that i'll try as soon as i can. mine likes the 168 fgmm. the 175 cost me $54.00 bucks for 20 rounds so i'm going to save that stuff after i clear an 825 yard sendero at my place. i'll be snipeing me some hogs this year. Nate that bipod happens to be a GG&G bipod. it cants left to right if needed. works well for me. </div></div>

$54 for 20rds of FGMM?!?! WTF thats outrageous....try Southwest Ammo, Copper Creek or Custom Reloads of Dallas for better deals.

If I could custom design any gun I wanted, I don't think it would look any different than yours! (I might go for a 6-24 PST though). Just handled one of those GG&G bipods yesterday for the first time. It's rock solid and very light. Can't go wrong with that! I do have a Magpul PRS stock on my AR-10, but that's mostly just because my face is so skinny, I have to raise the cheek piece all the way up to line up with my scope! (Currently an ACOG, but planning to swap for a Vortex PST).

Half MOA is pretty sweet! That's as good as my dad's Les Baer, which I love. I think your pic may be replacing the one of his I've had on my computer wallpaper for the last year and a half!

local gun shops can charge whatever they want since is's hard to find .223 , 9mm and .308 ammo. can't wait for the prices to drop. i was thinking of ordering from southwest. i've read some good things about their ammo. thanks for the info on the other vendors. i plan to just shoot match out of her. i was thinking some amax for both precision and hunting purposes. i'm not sure on the weight of the gg&g but i like the way it compliments the rifle. this pic is exactly my desktop background. i got a real good deal for this pst 4-16 pst ffp from cameraland. $703 delivered. couldn't pass that up. that was a couple months ago. i'm real happy i went with JP and their customer service is great. i went with a 10 moa mount from larue just in case i needed more elevation to get me to 1000 yrds. i hope that was enough.

Very nice rifle. There is no doubt that pride of ownership shows in this thread.

Next time you get to the range, post some target pictures.

That is a thing of beauty, I have had my LRP-07 for about 7 months now and I can not help but play with her on a daily basis. My wife is getting very jealous but what can I do. It is a work of art. If none of you out there have ever handled a JP then you need to, there is nothing like a John Paul rifle.

And the really cool thing is that you take off the bipod, switch scopes to a 1-6X or 1-8X, load up the P-Mags and it would do great as a short to medium range rifle that is very light and relatively handy. Soft shooting and accurate, that's JP.

I ended up with a USO 1.8-10X w EREK on mine. Good luck with yours.
Mandatory pics:

DSC_0768.jpg

Very nice.

I have a pair of SCR-11's on order to replace my current ARs and lately I've been thinking about ordering an LRP-07 to keep my GAP-10 company.

Not sure what the current wait is at JP but I figure I'll be lucky to see my SCR-11s this year...

my brothers psc 12 in duracoat fde arrives tommorow so i'll probably pick it up on saturday. originally because of the magpul shortages i was given a different stock, but i found this black ubr locally so i had to pay $350 bucks for the damn ubr but thats how i wanted it. i then bought a fde ubr stock for my brothers thinking it was going to be replace with the one jp was offering. so now it shipped with the fde ubr stock and now i'll have to sell the fde stock i bought. oh well . hopefully if i don't get the money back i'll get in store credit. i actually starting reading AMERICAN SNIPER by Chris Kyle to show my respects to him.

the muzzle brake works great as far as keeping muzzle rise down. as a matter of fact i really don't notice any rise. i compared it to my other 2 brothers rifles one is a larue predatar 7.2 and a bushmaster .308 and the jp comp outshines them both. it does happen to be louder but that was expected.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: stang02</div><div class="ubbcode-body">i did grab the JP bore guide. i just need to get me a quality single piece cleaning rod. any suggestions? </div></div>

Borestix, polymer coated. The best!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: KillZone45</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: stang02</div><div class="ubbcode-body">you can relate huh stinger. i've got some 175 fgmm that i'll try as soon as i can. mine likes the 168 fgmm. the 175 cost me $54.00 bucks for 20 rounds so i'm going to save that stuff after i clear an 825 yard sendero at my place. i'll be snipeing me some hogs this year. Nate that bipod happens to be a GG&G bipod. it cants left to right if needed. works well for me. </div></div>

$54 for 20rds of FGMM?!?! WTF thats outrageous....try Southwest Ammo, Copper Creek or Custom Reloads of Dallas for better deals. </div></div>

I remember buying a case on the group buy here maybe in 2006ish? $200 for a Case of 168Gr FGMM. Should have bought 20 cases.