• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

I fixed my crappy savage!

Steel head

Feral kitten
Minuteman
  • Aug 3, 2014
    Washington
    Ejection has been super lame lately.
    Added a bigger ball under the extractor and that helped but it was just a better level of lame.

Did a few searches here and someone long long ago used an AR spring cut down as a replacement.
    Made one and cleaned up the ejector and hole.
    Put it all together and it actually works ok now.
    A satisfactory level of lame:).

Search function sucks but using google to do it got me the info I wanted.

If you want information searching here almost certainly with
    Lessons learned here?

1-Savage is a far cry from my nucleus at extraction and ejection but a few barrels worth of abuse and grime certainly warranted some attention.

2-take the time for the info you seek and almost certainly you’ll find it.

!!!!!!UPDATE !!!!!!!!

the first fix helped for a while but quickly faded.

I then bought the upgraded extractor and ejector from site support Tactical Works.

That kit did what I wanted and it’s lasting.

Last edited:
    Reactions: Dirty D
    The best fix I could have ever done was taking that $25 loss on resale at the horrible revelation of how truly crappy mine was!

The experience did have the affect of snapping me into selling other stuff and getting what I considered at the time my ultimate tactical rifle, so in a way I should be thankful, lol.

Reactions: Steel+Killer
    A bit of an after report.

I’ve been shooting my precision poors rifle a lot lately and after the upgraded parts Buttercup has been humming along like a champ.

If your savage has sucky extraction or ejection that kit is a welcome addition.
    F5CCADFC-351E-437C-ADF5-98FD9AEB5299.jpeg

So basically just use an AR ejector spring cut down and clean up the hole? That it?...

Mine is weak but has yet to fail to eject ... might as well plan my upgrades now lol

So basically just use an AR ejector spring cut down and clean up the hole? That it?...

Mine is weak but has yet to fail to eject ... might as well plan my upgrades now lol
    I need to update my original post.
    the first fix didn’t last long.

Reactions: Gustav7