• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

i found my new bolt gun

Re: i found my new bolt gun

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: VAJayJayPunisher</div><div class="ubbcode-body">goin from an MSG-90 to a XM2010? whatever for? </div></div>

that xm2010 is one bad mamma jamma

oh me oh my
smile.gif

If they ever offer either the XM2010 or the MSR to the civilian population they will probably be priced in the AIAW ballpark. That said, I can think of a handful of rifles that would make better use of my money than either of those.

Josh

+1 on Minor's comments re: the likely pricing on the XM2010 if they ultimately become available to us mere mortals.

While I like the appearance of the XM, you would probably be better off to select any of the different chassis setups on the market (or to be on the market in the VERY near future like the AX) and have a rifle built with your desired components/specs for significantly less money than the XM2010.

Check with RW Snyder here on the Hide. He has offered a couple of really nice chassis system equipped rifles in the last several months, including some in the XLR chassis and some in the JP Enterprises chassis that were very reasonably priced and would likely shoot as good as if not better than the XM2010. I damn near pulled the trigger on a .308 he offered a while back that had a JP Chassis/Lawton 7000 action/Obermeyer barrel/nitride treated barreled action/etc. but Panty 6 "talked me out of it" so we could go on Fall vacation instead!
frown.gif

so what your saying is i should still consider my dream gun sako trg42 ?

hell i would even take a tikka scout, but the stock on that 2010 looked so awesome

Buy the TacMod chassis in the for sale section and put a tuned up 700 in it and you have damn near the same thing.

Hideous. A $4000 Leupold would look right at home on that monstrosity.

I gotta admit I dig the chassis, but have to say that $2.25 recoil pad they put on that is a hunk of SHIT!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Shawnjon</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Just buy a Mcree and save your money </div></div>

+1

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Long_Action</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Couldn't upgrade the bolt knob though
frown.gif
</div></div>

This made me laugh

No civi's allowed at this time. Atleast that was the last I heard on being able to own one in the civi world. Tommy

I'll take a custom build any day over that. Good for Remington and Leupold, but that ain't my cup of tea.

I am no sniper by any stretch of the imagination but wouldnt that big old thing snag on ever blade of grass and shrub you had to crawl threw? i think it is a mistake. I dont like it at all, but thats just my opinion, and believe me it isnt worth much! I would take an custom A5 built by Jon Beanland Gap or roscoe over that thing everyday of the year!!! Heck maybe it is the ideal weapon system. I wouldnt know!! Lee

thanks for all your kind advice... 575 for that rem sps in 308 is a hell of a smoking deal btw

Why in the bloody hell would you make the stock fold to the right so you cant work the action with it folded if need be.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Outsy</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Why in the bloody hell would you make the stock fold to the right so you cant work the action with it folded if need be. </div></div>

I had the same thought when I first saw the pics of the Barrett MRAD's folding stock...guess that's why I prefer the AI folder!!
wink.gif

Hahahahahaha yea good luck cleaning that..

Its ganna be the new fad for a few months just because the ARMY picked it up and its a big gadget..

i dunno it looks bad ace....but for civilian or police application i think it is a bit to much of a "tactical trend" product. It will be expensive and will prolly not shoot like a AI or a GAP.....

Its just a stock not a new rifle don't fall for the hype. If you need a chassis I have a Mcree 700LA I'm willing to part with. Just shoot me a PM ;)if interested.

This is the same gun Remington has been teasing us for a couple of years now. I dont think it'll ever hit in the civilian world.