• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

I got bored and ended up with this..

ZackOwns

Sergeant
Minuteman
Feb 21, 2011
jax fla
I saw a thread with a few dudes who just used pine needles.. Well it just so happens they happen to be all over south Ga and I had nothing better to do.

2vwfkb7.jpg

Here's a little up close action

2uqhy55.jpg

Re: I got bored and ended up with this..

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: uscgbeachbum</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Looks good! What colors did you use? </div></div>

Started with the whole rifle covered in ultra flat sand. Then I used a ultra flat forest green over the pine needles and then on top of that I used like a kinda ultra flat lime greenish / babyshit color lol. Turned out awesome!

I'm not a big fan of camo finishes, but I have to admit whatever you did turned out really impressive.

Almost has a 3-D look to it. Great work. I'd actually consider something like that.

Looks great. kind of reminds me of those little green venomous vipers you see in the jungles.

That looks awesome. I wish I could do that when I was "bored" lol. Good job.

Thanks everyone, I glad with the way it turned out for a 30 min rattle job.

That looks great!

Looks VERY good. Much better than the crap that happens when I'm bored
frown.gif

That does look good. I prefer just a bit more contrast but that came out well.

Very Nice. When I'm bored I tend to break things. I'd have gotten excited while "in the moment" and forgotten to tape the turrets to keep the paint out.

Which is why I still haven't gotten the guts to paint mine yet.

Looks great- nice job! The best thing about this is if you get bored with this paint just give it a new coat and mix it up again.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: RobfromME</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Looks great! What brand/type paint did you use? </div></div>

Just regular Camo Krylon I picked up from the PX.

Thanks again everyone. I really want to do my Savage and my USO but I have a little more money into that rifle and don't have to balls to paint it yet. I'm considering a duracoat job for that one. Can anyone recommend anyone?

Nice looking job.

Thanks again everyone. <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I really want to do my Savage and my USO but I have a little more money into that rifle and don't have to balls to paint it yet.</div></div>

That's exactly what stopped me from painting my NF scopes... it takes a lot of balls to spray Krylon on something that costs $1500+

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> I'm considering a duracoat job for that one. Can anyone recommend anyone? </div></div>

Call Manners Composite Stocks and ask Todd to do it for you. I believe he goes by "30calsniper" on here.

That's what stopped me as well. When you have thousands of dollars into a rifle it's hard to go down to local hardware store and pick up some spray paint, then find some leavs, branches, and whatever else you "think" might make a good pattern then spray away. I think I'll need to not only be really bored but I'll need to be a little drunk too. :)

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: komifornian</div><div class="ubbcode-body">That's what stopped me as well. When you have thousands of dollars into a rifle it's hard to go down to local hardware store and pick up some spray paint, then find some leavs, branches, and whatever else you "think" might make a good pattern then spray away. I think I'll need to not only be really bored but I'll need to be a little drunk too. :) </div></div>

I do my best work drunk :->

Nice paint job, how long did you let it dry?

I let it dry about 20 mins and it was fine. The coats of paint aren't all that thick..

I like it...a lot. I wish I had a pic of what I did to my AR this weekend.

This painting is so addicting. And I had no problems painting my nightforce. It has a great warrenty and its easy to clean off. Just DO YOUR PREP WORK and it is fine.

Yeah it's REALLY addicting. Thanks for the comments.