• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes I got it!! YAY

Re: I got it!! YAY

I finally got out to the range and I can't be more pleased. Even though I only got to shoot at 100 yards the rifle is putting down 1/2" groups. As I sighted in the scope and broke in the barrel, I shot in groups of 2 then adjusted.
[img:center]
rws1ky.jpg
[/img]
[img:center]
1z71ogx.jpg
[/img]

A group of two is not a group. It means nothing. I wouldn't expect you to know this based on the rest of your posts...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Truckman11</div><div class="ubbcode-body">5 shots = a group </div></div>

This thread delivers, you can't write comedy this good!

InternetCommando.jpg

I know a qualifying group is five. But while sighting in I shot 2 rounds and adjusted and I'm happy with the way it performed. I'm not shooting a competition just sighting it in.

Nice .5" 2 shot groups! Is the red arrow pointing to a one hole, one shot group? If so, you are the man!!

2mgqngl.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: gunjunkie45</div><div class="ubbcode-body">A group of two is not a group. It means nothing. I wouldn't expect you to know this based on the rest of your posts... </div></div>

Your name must be DICK.

Henceforth, all SNIPERS must shoot 5-shot groups. Nevermind that SNIPING is designed to deliver just ONE round on target and live to write a book about it.

This forum is SNIPER'S HIDE. Not Internet Commando's Hide, as some of you who hang out here choose to utilize it.

Nice rifle, Original Poster. Have the naysayers go fuck themselves. Wannabes.

What a NICE looking set-up! Go Have FUN!. Sweet looking rig. Shoot what ya want. Get her "tuned in", and shoot the groups, to show the guy's. I'm sure they'll be fantastic. Good for you!

I guess so man, you would think the "elders" who's shit obviously has no smell, would be more encouraging of the "new guys" who are just starting out!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Enough Said</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

Nice rifle, Original Poster. Have the naysayers go fuck themselves. Wannabes. </div></div>

Aren't you just a wordsmith?

the one with the red arrow was a shot I let my dad make. I let him shoot the last shot of the day..lol

Good job Gappa. It's about time you started shooting instead of returning stuff. You have a good zero, now go ring some steel. Shooting groups gets boring real quick.

I just got in 20 lbs of ammonium nitrate and some micronized indian black aluminium powder. Gonna make me some Tannerite!!
That beats shooting steel any day I think!!

Good to see that you finally are using your scope. It has been a long time getting there. I am curious about the pictured bolt gun. Have you changed stocks?

Hope your range session had more shooting then the 5 rounds in the picts.

OFG

I fired a total of 12 shots. Those were the last 5. My first shot was at 50 yards boresighted and was 3" from dead center.
Yea I bought the Bell and Carlson Tactical stock for $350 from another hide member. I think I will eventually go with an AICS AX or regular AICS 1.5 and get a nice Titanium and Inconel supressor for it.
I cleaned the barrel after every shot for the first 5 shots then fired 3 shots and cleaned for several rounds.
Makin explosives.. ha that's funny, man Tannerite is too expensive kinda like payin for Gucci or Louis Vitton. It's easy just use technical grade prilled AN mixed with micronized dark aluminium powder in a 95/5% ratio and VIOLA kaboom!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: oldfatguy</div><div class="ubbcode-body">If an AICS is in your future go 2.0. You'll be glad you did.

OFG </div></div>

What's the difference? the 2.0 just folds right? I really like the AICS AX

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gappa</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I just got in 20 lbs of ammonium nitrate and some micronized indian black aluminium powder. Gonna make me some Tannerite!!
That beats shooting steel any day I think!!</div></div>
I'm going to go out on a limb here and guess you really like the show Top Shot.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: bward</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gappa</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I just got in 20 lbs of ammonium nitrate and some micronized indian black aluminium powder. Gonna make me some Tannerite!!
That beats shooting steel any day I think!!</div></div>
I'm going to go out on a limb here and guess you really like the show Top Shot. </div></div>

The nice folks from the BATF should be showing up any time now.

OFG

Binary explosives are perfectly legal. Either component are inert until mixed. You better not transport mixed batches tho! Then it falls into a whole different category. As long as you are responsible and don't do something stupid you are GTG.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: chris m</div><div class="ubbcode-body">seems this thread will never die!</div></div>

Thank God. I need the entertainment.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gappa</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Binary explosives are perfectly legal. Either component are inert until mixed. You better not transport mixed batches tho! Then it falls into a whole different category. As long as you are responsible and <span style="color: #FF0000">don't do something stupid </span>you are GTG. </div></div>

Fine line between Tannerite targets and explosive devices. Don't want to see you on the six o'clock news.

OFG

well technically T-rite is an explosive. And I do believe there is a legal limit of .5 LB of mixed product. But it's kinda hard to prove someone shot more unless it blows out windows in the next county..lol I think there was a guy somewhere that detonated 50+LBS and was on probation, obviously he was an idiot and got in serious trouble for the firearm possession and the explosives.
As for me I will only mix enough to fill an asprin bottle or at most a vitamin bottle, that's plenty enough report, hence the term "reactive target"

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: redneckbmxer24</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
I'd say that makes you a semi-serious shooter. I bet you didn't know that about yourself. This guy is learning us all. Just wait until he starts doing reviews, he's gonna put you out of the business man. </div></div>

I can't wait to see those reviews! There is going to be some pertinent game changing information in those suckers. I just find it hilarious that he is grouping people into serious/non-serious shooters. What are we in the eighth grade?

Premier, S&B, Hensoldt...Da fuck? I didn't realise fridge mechanics were worth so much.

Seems you have all the gear and no idea.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gappa</div><div class="ubbcode-body">well technically T-rite is an explosive. And I do believe there is a legal limit of .5 LB of mixed product. But it's kinda hard to prove someone shot more unless it blows out windows in the next county..lol I think there was a guy somewhere that detonated 50+LBS and was on probation, obviously he was an idiot and got in serious trouble for the firearm possession and the explosives.
As for me I will only mix enough to fill an asprin bottle or at most a vitamin bottle, that's plenty enough report, hence the term "reactive target" </div></div>

And where is this information, in writing? State law or federal? I'm curious to know as you can buy premade exploding targets at most sporting good stores from .5 to 5 lb tubs that upon mixing.... explode when shot.
shocked.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: the_fng</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Premier, S&B, Hensoldt...Da fuck? I didn't realise fridge mechanics were worth so much.

Seems you have all the gear and no idea. </div></div>

<span style="font-weight: bold">You are if you own the business!! Which I in fact own a very successful commercial refrigeration corporation.. </span>
And realize is spelled wrong!!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: KYS338</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gappa</div><div class="ubbcode-body">well technically T-rite is an explosive. And I do believe there is a legal limit of .5 LB of mixed product. But it's kinda hard to prove someone shot more unless it blows out windows in the next county..lol I think there was a guy somewhere that detonated 50+LBS and was on probation, obviously he was an idiot and got in serious trouble for the firearm possession and the explosives.
As for me I will only mix enough to fill an asprin bottle or at most a vitamin bottle, that's plenty enough report, hence the term "reactive target" </div></div>

And where is this information, in writing? State law or federal? I'm curious to know as you can buy premade exploding targets at most sporting good stores from .5 to 5 lb tubs that upon mixing.... explode when shot.
shocked.gif
</div></div>

I said "I thought" I didn't say I knew for sure! I would like to know for sure as I wouldn't want to break any laws!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gappa</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Binary explosives are perfectly legal. Either component are inert until mixed. You better not transport mixed batches tho! Then it falls into a whole different category. As long as you are responsible and don't do something stupid you are GTG. </div></div>

Gappa,
Be careful about posting on the internet that you just got 20# of Ammonium Nitrate. It is a highly regulated chemical now.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gappa</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Binary explosives are perfectly legal. Either component are inert until mixed. You better not transport mixed batches tho! Then it falls into a whole different category. As long as you are responsible and don't do something stupid you are GTG. </div></div>

It's not legal in every state, despite what the Tannerite company claims. I know for a fact it's not legal in California (big surprise, I know).

Check your state laws, be safe.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gappa</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: the_fng</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Premier, S&B, Hensoldt...Da fuck? I didn't realise fridge mechanics were worth so much.

Seems you have all the gear and no idea. </div></div>

<span style="font-weight: bold">You are if you own the business!! Which I in fact own a very successful commercial refrigeration corporation.. </span>
And realize is spelled wrong!!</div></div>

Its not spelt wrong!!!
Realise = correct in the UK, Australia, and other English-speaking nations using the English style of spelling.

Realize = American.

You should know that being the educated CEO of a Refrigeration "Corporation"
Keep up the strange posts they are addictive to read.

I'm no Aussie so I guess I wouldn't know that. I never said I was educated, I just said I owned a business. I still claim to be just a dumb refrigeration mechanic, a successful one yes..
I really don't see how AN is illegal in CA as that's where the company is located that I ordered it from!! In fact the CA based company also has their own brand of exploding targets.
As long as T-rite is legal in SC the components are also.

Ah well, glad you're successful enough to blow 10K in glass over a few weeks.
How about sending me that smelly ol' Henny and I'll dispose of it in a manner fitting of that German garbage...

Supposedly MD has a new law coming into effect on October 1st 2012 banning binary explosives.
Man I tell you, what is this country coming to!!?? If you can't go out to your own property and shoot a can of Tannerite that's pretty messed up.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: the_fng</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Ah well, glad you're successful enough to blow 10K in glass over a few weeks.
How about sending me that smelly ol' Henny and I'll dispose of it in a manner fitting of that German garbage... </div></div>

can't have my discarded worthless Shit&Bender or my Hineesoldt or my Peemeer but next time you're in town we can go out and make some shit go bang!!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gappa</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I really don't see how AN is illegal in CA as that's where the company is located that I ordered it from!! In fact the CA based company also has their own brand of exploding targets.
As long as T-rite is legal in SC the components are also. </div></div>

Ammonium nitrate isn't illegal in California. Mixing up your own binary explosives is a felony, however. Even <span style="text-decoration: underline">possessing</span> the components of a binary explosive is a felony.

<span style="font-style: italic">Penal Code 16460</span>
(a) As used in Sections 16510, 16520, and 16780, and in Chapter 1 (commencing with Section 18710) of Division 5 of Title 2, "destructive device" includes any of the following weapons:
(6) Any sealed device containing dry ice (CO2) <span style="text-decoration: underline">or other chemically reactive substances assembled for the purpose of causing an explosion by a chemical reaction.</span>

<span style="font-style: italic">Penal Code 18710</span>
(a) Except as provided by this chapter, any person, firm, or corporation who, within this state, possesses any destructive device, other than fixed ammunition of a caliber greater than .60 caliber, is guilty of a public offense.
(b) A person, firm, or corporation who is convicted of an offense under subdivision (a) shall be punished by imprisonment in the county jail for a term not to exceed one year, or in state prison, or by a fine not to exceed ten thousand dollars ($10,000), or by both this fine and imprisonment.

There's even a constructive posssession law:

<span style="font-style: italic">Penal Code 12312</span>
Every person who possesses any substance, material, or any combination of substances or materials, with the intent to make any destructive device or any explosive without first obtaining a valid permit to make such destructive device or explosive, is guilty of a felony, and is punishable by imprisonment in the state prison for two, three, or four years.

And it probably won't help your case that you had some guns around at the time you were committing these felonies.

Yes, Tannerite is sold in California.
Yes, tannerite.com will ship to California.

Yes, people have been arrested, charged, and convicted in California.

It's fun stuff, but don't for a second believe the Tannerite folks when they say "50 state legal" ... check your state laws, or risk a felony conviction and loss of your gun rights.

So how the hell are these companies still selling Tannerite and generic forms of Tannerite?
I think the term "destructive device" is where the grey area must be. If you aren't doing anything malicious with it how can it be considered a "destructive device"?
Here check this out!!
https://scienceforyou.net/exploding-rifle-targets/

Here's what Tannerite's website says,

We have spent endless amounts of funds proving legality in court, proving legality in ALL FIFTY STATES and many years perfecting the product.

The federal government, not the state, governs the manufacture of explosives. They specifically exempt the need for an explosives manufacturing license in five separate statutes. In the CFR (Code of Federal Regulations) Publication 5400. Q&A section, question #48 expressly addresses that a license is not needed for personal, non-commercial manufacture and use of binary explosives.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gappa</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Here's what Tannerite's website says,

We have spent endless amounts of funds proving legality in court, proving legality in ALL FIFTY STATES and many years perfecting the product. </div></div>

I know what Tannerite says.

I also know they have refused to respond to the Cal Guns Foundation's request for legal clarification with regard to California law.

It should go without saying that when you're arrested and charged with a felony in the state of California for using their product, they're not going to show up and help out when you get your day in court. It's not their gun rights and freedom at risk.

We all know that laws concerning guns or other things that make noise or go boom rarely make logical sense.

The topic has come up again and again on calguns.net - the first time I remember it was more than four years ago.

You've made it clear that you have a hard time believing it's not legal everywhere. Your belief or disbelief doesn't influence reality.

I'll say it again, one last time: Don't simply trust Tannerite's claim of 50-state legality. Check your state's laws. Don't be an accidental felon.

I think the the term "use your head" applies here.. If I want to go out to my property and shoot a can of Tannerite, I don't think I will have any problems.