• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Rifle Scopes I got it!! YAY

Re: I got it!! YAY

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gappa</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I think the the term "use your head" applies here.. If I want to go out to my property and shoot a can of Tannerite, I don't think I will have any problems. </div></div>

:shrug:

In my world, "use your head" doesn't mean do something you know is a felony just because you're on your own property and will probably get away with it.

I wouldn't take my 11" AR upper off its CA-legal pistol lower, and put it on a rifle lower, just because I was pretty sure no one was looking. I also wouldn't bring my legal SBRs, suppressors, and other NFA toys into the state because really, the odds of getting caught with them are low.

Enjoy, be safe, watch out for the cops.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gappa</div><div class="ubbcode-body">BUT IT IS LEGAL!!!
This is taken from the 2012 ATF CFR Code of Federal Regulations,
http://www.atf.gov/publications/download/p/atf-p-5400-7.pdf

See Q&A #48 </div></div>

Dude. With all respect. I know you're just like me, a law-abiding citizen who enjoys shooting Tannerite because blowing stuff up is fun.

But you've got to stop confusing what SHOULD BE with what IS.

Something can be legal or unregulated at the federal level but still illegal in a given state. The ATF also publishes PDFs with information concerning the legal possession, transport, and use of NFA toys, like suppressors. Try bringing one into California and see how that works out for you.

Try buying alcohol on Sunday in certain locales.

The "b-b-b-b-but this ATF Q&A says it's OK" defense won't get you far if your state has laws that categorize the stuff as a destructive device or explosive.

Your profile says you're in South Carolina. I don't know the first thing about SC laws. I suspect Tannerite is probably OK there, simply because SC is nowhere near the fucked up state California is.

All I do know is that Tannerite's claim of 50-state legality is demonstrably false, and I would urge everyone to simply do their due diligence and make sure their state doesn't have a California-like law on the books.

Internet journeys sure are strange. I started reading this thread 30 minutes ago because i thought it was a review of a scope I can only dream of owning.

It then turned into a flame war 15 minutes ago, including pictures of the moon taken with what may or may not be low end astronomy equipment.

I just finished reading page 5 regarding the legality of Tannerite in different states.

I wonder how many .308's I could have loaded in this wasted 30 minutes??

Thing that kills me about this long suffering thread is that it reminds me I still dont have my 5-25X56 MSR, RAL that was ordered back in April.

Last post, then I'm done, I promise:

http://www.ktla.com/news/landing/ktla-explosive-mixture-man-charged,0,160300.story

"SAN BERNARDINO, Calif. (KTLA) -- A man pleaded not guilty to three felony counts Wednesday after he allegedly shot an illegal compound mixture and started a fire.

Mario Caycedo, 31, is accused of mixing two compounds to create an explosive impact when he hit a target on May 26.

Deputies say the chemicals are readily available and are being bought by people at gun shows and gun stores.

But the Riverside District Attorney's Office is warning anyone who has the illegal compound mixture and is caught will be prosecuted."

a25c7p.gif

When it comes to Kalifornia, I operate under the assumption that everything is illegal and/or restricted in that godforsaken state, until conclusively proven otherwise. Tannerite is a prime example of this...legal everywhere, except Kalifornia.