• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes I got my Vortex Viper PST 4-16

propulsionclimbing

Sergeant
Minuteman
May 26, 2006
Flagstaff. AZ
For everyone freaking out over the less than stellar reviews on these, I have not found any of those issues. I hope to have a more in-depth report, but glass seems to be quite good on mine. It's not up to par with a PH, USO, or SB, but pretty damn good for the money. It seems as clear to me as a Sightron SIII which is pretty good glass.

I put a collimator on mine, and tracking seemed spot on. I also did not notice a significant cant to the reticle. Everything looked perfectly acceptable.

Eye relief seems a little short. I also noticed the field of view is a little less than I would like to see.

I will say that dollar for dollar, I am very impressed with this scope. If you are expecting a $2000 scope for $900, you will be disappointed. However, I think this scope will work very well for the majority of users and represents a great value.

For those of you who were chomping at the bit to get one of these and who are now canceling your orders, don't be so hasty. This seems like a really fine scope especially considering the price point.

I hope to have more good things to say about this scope after a few range sessions.

Re: I got my Vortex Viper PST 4-16

One of the complaints, was that the knobs turned very easily. I hate self-adjusting scopes.

What is your opinion of the turrets with regard to resistance and feel?

thanks,

John

I have a question, can you tell if it has the advertised 75MOA or 21MRAD of adjustment? Which did you get Mil or MOA? Also curious to see your opinion on the reticle thickness? Does it cover too much on 14x? Thanks!

Glad its working out for you so far. I'm still waiting on my 4-16x SFP but any news on these is helpful.

Mike

The knobs could be a little tighter. They feel very crisp, they just turn a little easier than I would like.

I counted 77 MOA on mine. They have the adjustments that are advertised.

The reticle is great. I have zero complaints about the reticle. Mine is FFP, and it looks good across the power range.