• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

I have 4 hours to finalize my load selection for a match, help me decide

Rogerthatout

Private
Minuteman
Mar 20, 2017
hey guys, just looking to get some opinions here.

I've been shooting Lapa center x out of my vudoo v-22 and doing pretty good out to about 200 to 250 but I know the next match will take it to 300 or 350 and im concerned my load just won't perform out there. Everytime I test those distances it seems unproductive.

I have few other loads to choose from, some are getting 1250fps and look good on short range paper. CenterX gets me 1076 and stays subsonic from start to finish. Is this transonic phenomenon really an issue? Should I really be shying away from faster rounds or do I chase some more velocity.

Should I just stick to my center x or should I go for something faster to have an edge on the LR stages.

Or, do I u run both?
What would you do?

I only have 4 hours to practice between now and the tourney.

No problem with center x out to 400 at the last nrl22x match I was at. No one was running anything supersonic.
Thanks. I had a nasty day Wed, some crappy results that made no sense. Either dirty bartel or i was hitting an overhanging canapy of leaves. Things got real screwed up Wednesday

Thanks

Just run with center-x. You can win prs/nrl matches with a vudoo and sk standard plus (as long as the MD knows what he’s doing and sizes Rimfire targets appropriately).

If I were you, I’d be much more concerned about getting proper dope with these last few hours.

Just run with center-x. You can win prs/nrl matches with a vudoo and sk standard plus (as long as the MD knows what he’s doing and sizes Rimfire targets appropriately).

If I were you, I’d be much more concerned about getting proper dope with these last few hours.

Hey thanks, I just had some screwy stuff happen on Wednesday. It looks like I'll be sticking to center X now that everyone here has the same point of view. Thanks so much for your time ...everyone. ty.
I'll post how I do....

Don

so one last thought here guys.
StrelokPro has been my goto balistic ap, would you true your DOPE out at 350, I find I trend lower out there.
Or, would you fiddle with velocity brackets?

Please tell me im not the only one who trends lower at those longer distances....

I will be sticking w centerX.

My BC is .172

Trying to predict my LR shots with some confidence out there over yonder and wonderng how you guys approach this?

Thanks again

StrelokPro has been my goto balistic ap, would you true your DOPE out at 350, I find I trend lower out there.

Please tell me im not the only one who trends lower at those longer distances....

My BC is .172

Trying to predict my LR shots with some confidence out there over yonder and wonderng how you guys approach this?

Thanks again
Strelok Pro has a ballistic curve for Lapua 22lr that will get you closer on all your drops than the BC you are using.

My BC is .172

Thanks again

You should not be using a single distance to true a .22.

If for example if I was shooting a match out to 350yds I would zero at 30, then shoot 50, 100, 150, 200, 250, 300, 350. Write down the data for my true dope and make my calculator line up with it all.

You could do 1, 2, 300yd if you don’t have a lot of time.

Point being, using one or two data points for a .22 to true data is not a good idea.

Reactions: Ravenworks
I honestly don’t know if I trend low because I don’t care what I trend vs untrued software.

Taking untrued data and comparing it to real world dope is just extra junk to think about.

Use the untrued data to get you on plate, then forget about it. Write down your true dope and make the calculator work to mirror that. The more data points the better. After that, nothing else matters unless you can’t get software to work. Then you know you did something wrong. Be while shooting or in the software.

If for example if I was shooting a match out to 350yds I would zero at 30, then shoot 50, 100, 150, 200, 250, 300, 350. Write down the data for my true dope and make my calculator line up with it all.

Point being, using one or two data points for a .22 to true data is not a good idea.
I like this idea...

What do y'all use for MV change/degree for Center X?

I took your advice.
Zero at 25
Confirmed at 50, then 160.

At 260 I was .5 mils low. I bracketed my BC to match real world.

Went to 360 and that BC match stayed true.

I must admit, I feel much much better going into tomorrow.

What type of ranges and target sizes woukd you guys expect at 350 or 400??

At 300 yards, I was on target some shots and .5 mil low on other shots. I left it at that.

Thanks guys
D